PDA

View Full Version : GWX 3.0 Issues

Kaleun Volk
03-08-09, 01:21 PM
Hello again all, I am currently having a load game issue with GWX 3.0,
The Game opens fine, plays levels fine and saves them fine. I will play a campaing, save my game, and then when I load the save it will go to the loadeing screen and load all the way. It reachs the point where it says "not so long ago", and then it crashes to desktop stating that it performed an illegal operation and had to shutdown.

Anyone have this issue?
Any sugessted fixes/ etc?

Thanks,
-Volk

A Very Super Market
03-08-09, 01:30 PM
Corrupted save, from either

Saving near other ships
Saving submerged
Saving near the coast
Saving while not hopping on one foot
Saving in general.

It sometimes happens arbitrarily, but is your save one of the first three?

Kaleun Volk
03-08-09, 01:32 PM
Saving in general.

It sometimes happens arbitrarily, but is your save one of the first three?

Yes it is save number 2 on my list,
does that affect it?

A Very Super Market
03-08-09, 01:50 PM
Yeah, saving submerged is a no-no. Like I said, the CTDs are random, but its a painto lose a lot of progress. Try and make as many saves as you can in a patrol, so if you CTD, you won't lose that much progress.

Laufen zum Ziel
03-08-09, 04:03 PM
VSM
Yeah, saving submerged is a no-no. Like I said, the CTDs are random, but its a painto lose a lot of progress. Try and make as many saves as you can in a patrol, so if you CTD, you won't lose that much progress.

Well said will save a lot of heartach.

Oneshot/Onekill
03-08-09, 10:51 PM
Something i've noticed with GWX3.0 They greyed out the save option when you are submerged.

tried to make it dummy proof for guy's like me!:doh:

Murr44
03-09-09, 12:31 PM
Regarding the saving near ships issue, try to save at least 50km from the nearest ship, plane or the last ship that you sank. There is a section in the GWX pdf manual called the "50km rule" that explains this.

It's a good idea to perform a manual hydrophone check before saving. Drop down to 50-60m, order "all stop" and man your hydrophone station. If you perform 1-2 sweeps and don't hear anything, surface & you should be safe to save your game. Unfortunately saving with this game (both GWX & stock) seems to be kind of a lottery. You can do all the right things and still get a CTD sometimes.