PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for newbie

Mash
03-07-09, 09:29 AM
I got GWX3.0 installed along with the Nav Map and Grid mod but I don't see the latitude and longitude scales when I am looking at the map at any zoom level.

The Nav and Grid Map has not been modified by any other mod so what am I missing?

Also, I started a career in 1939 and was surprized to find that the merchant ships had their night lights on. Do all the ships have their lights on at night or only friendly ships? Is there a mod for this or is it part of GWX?

Finally, when I am installing a mod and JSGME gives me a conflict, should I just ignore it or over write the files?

What does it mean when that have been activited in JSGME are greyed out?

Jimbuna
03-07-09, 10:18 AM
I'm uncertain as to what your asking here about 'scales'

Neutrals are lit up (but not all).

Ignore...all that is happening is that you are being informed of what is being overwritten.

It means the greyed out mod has been altered by another mod added afterwards.

GREY WOLF 3
03-07-09, 10:20 AM
When you first start the war has not started with England take your u boat out and give them some training:yeah:
practise your u-boat skills

Mash
03-07-09, 03:24 PM
thanks.

What I meant by latitude and longitude was that I am not seeing the coordinates on the map.

Pisces
03-07-09, 03:33 PM
There are no real coordinates on the map for lattitude and longitude. But there are black and white bands on the edge of the map that move as you pan the mapview (Well, unless GWX 3 interface covered them with something) But they have no numbers so you still need to measure relative to the equator and Greenwich Meridian. Each degree is 120km in length, in both lattitude and longitude.

robbythesub
03-08-09, 04:49 AM
Thats news to me thanks- I keep receiving messages when on patrol about ships sinking etc at certain latitiudes and longtitudes, but have never been able to see how to find them on the maps provided!

:up:

Pisces
03-08-09, 06:36 AM
Well, those radiomessages are just for immersion purpouses only. There are no units actually there (probably, if there is one you are lucky and it won't be the mentioned unit) . It's just something to keep you from getting bored and work on your enigma decoding skills. ;)

Jimbuna
03-08-09, 07:26 AM
Right....now I understand.

Query alread responded to corectly by Pisces http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Oneshot/Onekill
03-08-09, 10:56 PM
Come on Jim get with the program......LOL:haha: