PDA

View Full Version : SH4 to SH3 graphic port by RacerBoy, OLC Gold, GWX 3.0

cowboy71
03-07-09, 07:49 AM
Probably too much in this thread, and all of my info is likely not entirely correct.
But I consider myself fairly knowlegable, and find a lot of info spread all over when it feel it needs to all be in one thread at least for a while. Hopefully this is as helpful as I hope and this thread stays towards the top for a few days?

This is focused on installing GWX and the graphical improvement options.
This is an FYI to provide insight to others.

GWX has a seperate mod called "Enhanced Damage Effects" by keeping this seperate it allows other graphical enhancement mods to be used in conjunction with stock GWX 3.0
Big round for the GWX team to be so forward thinking.

RacerBoy's final version he put out not As...7's version works fine with GWX 3.0 just don't install GWX enhanced Damage Effects. I can't say it improves all ships etc in GWX, but it seems to affect all ships I have interacted in the game with no stability issues. There maybe some in trying to get mid-missions saves to work though.
As...7's version of RacerBoy's SH4 to SH3 mod can and will crash even high end computers which I have not encountered with RacerBoy's original version. It can't confirm his low res option will fix this issue, but assume yes.

OLC Gold is a graphics enhancement as well with GUI changes to the game as well.
It comes via .exe files, but they really are just self-extracting files and don't install anything you can't roll back. OLC Gold actually uses/requires JSGME to be installed after you extract it.

It looks as if GWX Enhanced Damage,OLC Gold, and SH4toSH3 are not compatable, but with JSGME you can easily swap them out to see what you like.
Again I had stability issues with As...7's version of RacerBoy's SH4toSH3 mod, but not RacerBoys final version he released wit GWX3.0

Thanks for listening.