PDA

View Full Version : SH3Commander settings

SH999
03-06-09, 01:41 PM
Guys, I'm new to SH3, so I'm not quite clear about many aspects of the game and the add-ons I'm using. I have GWX3 and SH3Commander installed and I plan to learn and follow up in the direction of these 2 major programs for SH3.
So, for now, what is "Rollback automatically after exiting SH3" In SH3Commander Options for? I have this option ticked.

Thanks.

GoldenRivet
03-06-09, 01:46 PM
basically when you run SH3 commander it looks at a file filled with randomized settings and applies them to SH3.

you then play the game with these randomized settings. (random enemy sonar range or random ship tonnage for example)

then when you exit the game, "rolling back" simply removes these randomized parameters and then puts the original stuff back.

the process starts over again the next time you run the game through SH3 Commander.

you can do it manually by clicking the rollback button. or you can do it automatically as you have chosen to do.

SH999
03-06-09, 01:49 PM
basically when you run SH3 commander it looks at a file filled with randomized settings and applies them to SH3.

you then play the game with these randomized settings. (random enemy sonar range or random ship tonnage for example)

then when you exit the game, "rolling back" simply removes these randomized parameters and then puts the original stuff back.

the process starts over again the next time you run the game through SH3 Commander

Thanks, so it's safer to keep it checked and ALWAYS enter the game via SH3Commander interface?

SH999.

GoldenRivet
03-06-09, 01:54 PM
well not so much an issue of safety.

its just a matter of "do you want to click the roll back button every time you exit sh3 or not?"

you dont have to roll back at all unless you are about to add a new mod or if you just want to randomize things again

irish1958
03-06-09, 07:13 PM
GR is correct; you don't have to roll back. BUT, if you are not an experienced user, (and even if you are) you will forget and that will screw up your install eventually when you forget and try to alter your install. So:
ALWAYS roll back; if you want to inspect the game files that SH3CMDT has altered, then leave it unchecked until you do, then recheck it.
Also make a back up copy of the Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII folder so you can restore it when you screw up.
While you are at it, back up your SH3CMDTR folder also.

SH999
03-07-09, 03:11 AM
GR is correct; you don't have to roll back. BUT, if you are not an experienced user, (and even if you are) you will forget and that will screw up your install eventually when you forget and try to alter your install. So:
ALWAYS roll back; if you want to inspect the game files that SH3CMDT has altered, then leave it unchecked until you do, then recheck it.
Also make a back up copy of the Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII folder so you can restore it when you screw up.

Excellent advice, thanks, Irish.

SH999.

SH999
03-07-09, 03:40 AM

Where is this folder?

Thanks,
SH999.

Contact
03-07-09, 07:01 AM
SH3 commanders tree folder. That means you wanna make a copy of whole first folder of installed SH3commander.

SH999
03-07-09, 11:47 AM
SH3 commanders tree folder. That means you wanna make a copy of whole first folder of installed SH3commander.

Done.

Thx.