PDA

View Full Version : Help needed adding a new home base

Von M
02-27-09, 05:29 PM
I'm goofing around and trying to make a new home base that is not PH, Midway, Brisbane, or Fremantle.

I set it up in the US_NavalBases.mis, added port graphics in the campagin_LOC.mis file and I have all the career and flotilla data set up, I can see it in the career start menu(s), select it, and start a patrol from it; but when I come "home" to it the "End Patrol" is always grayed out.

Anybody know what I missed/overlooked? :damn:

thanks,

VM

peabody
02-27-09, 07:20 PM
I'm goofing around and trying to make a new home base that is not PH, Midway, Brisbane, or Fremantle.

I set it up in the US_NavalBases.mis, added port graphics in the campagin_LOC.mis file and I have all the career and flotilla data set up, I can see it in the career start menu(s), select it, and start a patrol from it; but when I come "home" to it the "End Patrol" is always grayed out.

Anybody know what I missed/overlooked? :damn:

thanks,

VM

You may have the flotilla file set wrong. Could be other things too. One question: Look over all the bases while on Patrol, is there a base with a tilted anchor (which would mean your base changed). OK, two questions: When you start your mission is the anchor at your new base tilted? If it is not then you probably set the career start properly but the flotilla wrong. OK three questions: :har: Is this a MOD or did you just change the files. If it is a MOD that you can post for download maybe we would get a minute to look at it.

Peabody

Von M
02-27-09, 11:21 PM
Hey guys,

I put in the Midway base following what TMO has and I did the same thing for the base I wanted to create in Tulagi. I start at tulagi just fine with the ship I'm supposed to but the tilted anchor is not on the map anywhere at any base.

This is what I have:
Career file for 1943 start:

[CareerStart 3.Flotilla 5]
ID= C3Flotilla5
NameDisplayable= Tulagi Sub Base
IDLinkFlotilla= TulagiCommand ; link to ID in Flotilla upc file
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F5Baltimore, 4, F5Iowa, 2 ; enumeration of ID(s) that point to submarine upc file
FlotillaBriefingText=
FlotillaCommonality= 1 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned

Flotilla file:

[Flotilla 5]
ID= TulagiCommand
NameDisplayable= Tulagi
AvailabilityInterval=1942-10-02, 1945-01-30

[Flotilla 5.Base 1]
ID= Tulagi Sub Base
NameDisplayable= Tulagi Sub Base, Tulagi
ExternalBaseName= Tulagi Sub Base
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
DepartureDescription1= 19220936, -1091265, 180.0 ; Enum of available points, choose one randomly each time a patrol is started
DepartureDescription2= 19220936, -1091265, 180.0
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 19219424, -1098265, 180.0

[Flotilla 5.UserPlayerUnitType 1]
ID= F5Baltimore
NameDisplayable= CA Baltimore
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Baltimore
UnitTypeCommonality= 11 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL

[Flotilla 5.UserPlayerUnitType 2]
ID= F5Iowa
NameDisplayable= BB Iowa
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Iowa
UnitTypeCommonality= 15 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL ; when the flotilla is disbanded, the subs of this type are transferred to this one

In addition to the appropriate mission files for both ships afterwards. It's gotta be something simple that I'm just not seeing (you know how it is with code sometimes).

Thanks guys,

VM

peabody
02-28-09, 12:46 AM
Von M,

The very first thing I would do is open the mission editor, load in the US_NavalBases.mis and select the Tulagi base, check properties and make sure that the name you gave the base matches the "ExternalBaseName". If it does not match, it will do exactly what you have described. So if the "Unit Name" does not say "Tulagi Sub Base" (without the quotes of course) then that is the problem.

[Flotilla 5.Base 1]
ID= Tulagi Sub Base

Peabody

jmardlin
02-28-09, 12:50 AM
is there a flotilla 4 for career start 3 if not this may be your problem. The game can be finicky about things like that.

peabody
02-28-09, 04:51 AM
is there a flotilla 4 for career start 3 if not this may be your problem. The game can be finicky about things like that.

Good point, I didn't ask since he made the comment about putting in the Midway base, I just assumed it was 4, but maybe it wasn't. 4 is in there but it is all commented out. But I am not sure if that would create the problem he is having but I guess it could.

Well, we will find out when he answers.

Peabody

Von M
02-28-09, 04:11 PM
Von M,

The very first thing I would do is open the mission editor, load in the US_NavalBases.mis and select the Tulagi base, check properties and make sure that the name you gave the base matches the "ExternalBaseName". If it does not match, it will do exactly what you have described. So if the "Unit Name" does not say "Tulagi Sub Base" (without the quotes of course)then that is the problem.

[Flotilla 5.Base 1]
ID= Tulagi Sub Base

Peabody

That was it Peabody. Lol, man, I looked at those files a hundred times and missed it EVERY time. :88)

...And as a now irrelevant side note Midway was #4 and worked like a champ.

Thanks a bunch fellas,

I'm gonna go buy some new glasses.

VM

peabody
02-28-09, 05:18 PM
Von M,

The very first thing I would do is open the mission editor, load in the US_NavalBases.mis and select the Tulagi base, check properties and make sure that the name you gave the base matches the "ExternalBaseName". If it does not match, it will do exactly what you have described. So if the "Unit Name" does not say "Tulagi Sub Base" (without the quotes of course)then that is the problem.

[Flotilla 5.Base 1]
ID= Tulagi Sub Base

Peabody

That was it Peabody. Lol, man, I looked at those files a hundred times and missed it EVERY time. :88)

...And as a now irrelevant side note Midway was #4 and worked like a champ.

Thanks a bunch fellas,

I'm gonna go buy some new glasses.

VM

:up: No problem, I am a beginner and don't know a lot but I'll help when I can. That was the reason I asked if you could post the files. The mistake isn't always where you think it is. :03: This time it was in the US_NavalBases.mis, not in the files you showed us.
Just as a side note about the #4 for beginners who may read this. It was a possibility because there is a Flotilla4 but it is commented out. But beginners to modding may not know that the semicolon in front of the lines means the game ignores those lines. So jmardlin came up with an idea I didn't think of, that maybe you had done 5 and 6 instead of 4 and 5.
I still don't understand the commonality stuff in there.

Peabody

jmardlin
03-02-09, 03:28 AM
Remember that was one of the problems I had getting Your Iowa playable in career things commented out and the numbers not being reordered in the upc.

peabody
03-02-09, 01:37 PM
Remember that was one of the problems I had getting Your Iowa playable in career things commented out and the numbers not being reordered in the upc.

That is probably the mistake because I did renumber them but must have missed something, or commented out something I shouln't have. Here is an example.

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 19]
ID= ObservPeriscope
NameDisplayable= Observation Periscope
FunctionalType= SensorPeriscope
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= ObsPeriscopeHeadSlot, 0, ScopeBase1, 1

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 20]
ID= DeckGun1
NameDisplayable= Bow Deck Gun
FunctionalType= WeaponMainCannon
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= BowDeckGun, 1

;[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 29] Note the commented out number
;ID= DeckGun2
;NameDisplayable= Stern Deck Gun
;FunctionalType= WeaponMainCannon
;IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= SternDeckGun, 1

[UserPlayerUnit 1.FunctionalSubsystem 21]
ID= FlakGun1
NameDisplayable= 1st Flak Gun
FunctionalType= WeaponFlak
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots= CTBackAA, 1

So I must have missed one (or more) since I did renumber them.

But what ever it was glad you got it fixed.:up:

Peabody