PDA

View Full Version : looking for AI subs and how they work

Starforce2
02-23-09, 07:07 PM
After going to page 6 or 7 of this forum, I didn't find what I wanted. I am curious how many AI controled subs exist for stock 1.5. I am also curious as to what is nessecary to make these subs work as IA units (not docked, aka unsinkable sen toku's ect)

What my goal is...to get close to places like singapore or java harbors and see migit subs and uboats patroling, and expect to get shot at by the surface weapons (I understand still no torpedo attack by any IA unit besides plane?) and as random traffic in enemy waters, both jap an nazi sub.

I remember it mentioned a while back that certain things need to be done to certain files but I can't remember which forum. I seem to be running into alot of dead ends with figuring out how files link to one another, the files don't seem to have alot of filepath links (to tell you what file is related or that it calls on), so I am not exactly having any luck as a modder...

peabody
02-23-09, 07:56 PM
After going to page 6 or 7 of this forum, I didn't find what I wanted. I am curious how many AI controled subs exist for stock 1.5. I am also curious as to what is nessecary to make these subs work as IA units (not docked, aka unsinkable sen toku's ect)

What my goal is...to get close to places like singapore or java harbors and see migit subs and uboats patroling, and expect to get shot at by the surface weapons (I understand still no torpedo attack by any IA unit besides plane?) and as random traffic in enemy waters, both jap an nazi sub.

I remember it mentioned a while back that certain things need to be done to certain files but I can't remember which forum. I seem to be running into alot of dead ends with figuring out how files link to one another, the files don't seem to have alot of filepath links (to tell you what file is related or that it calls on), so I am not exactly having any luck as a modder...

There is a thread on an AI Sen Toku here somewhere. Try a search. To work the way you want, the sub must be a ship. I know that is a very simplified answer but the very first thing I would suggest is to get Silent 3ditor in the sticky at the top. Do a search for Mikhayls tutorial on cloning a sub and do it. It is not only a great tutorial for getting an 'extra' sub that you can do what you want with, but it also gives you a lot of hands-on for how the files interact with each other. That's where I started.
And once you get a sub cloned, then you can work on it without having to worry about affecting the originals. (Keep backups of the original files anyway in case you make a mistake and save a file to the wrong location)
Just a starting point.

Peabody