PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dutchman in Trigger Maru mod

tylusk
02-20-09, 03:09 PM
Hello everyone,
Well the strangest thing happened the other day. I'm hanging out just SSE off the southern most tip of Formosa in the Luzon Strait, cruising at 120ft on another leg of my assigned 4day antishipping patrol of the area, when I get a sonar contact report. Warship at somewhere around 120 degrees constant distance. So I pop up to periscope depth take a look around, don't see anything, and decide to surface. When I get up-top I can't believe my eyes, its the friggin Flying Dutchman. So I give chase, cause I want a picture with my sub next to it, but its all in vain cause the thing is doing 23 knots and the intercept angle coupled with my maxed out speed just ain't gonna cut it. So I just took some flybys and wanted to know if anyone else out there had encountered this particular ship in Trigger Maru? Take it easy and Happy Hunting!

longam
02-20-09, 04:09 PM
Its an Easter Egg from the original development team. And don't bother trying to catch it..:)

The Fishlord
02-20-09, 04:26 PM
Its an Easter Egg from the original development team. And don't bother trying to catch it..:)

Yep. Once it "sees" you it speeds up to like 60 knots or something and becomes invincible, once that happens you can even sail through it and nothing will come of it. The files say it's 500 renown if you can sink it :DL

Sailor Steve
02-20-09, 04:55 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

And, as said, it comes with the stock game, and is not a TM thing.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125104&highlight=flying+dutchman+ghost+ship

Armistead
02-20-09, 08:35 PM
I heard it could be sunk if you a few exact things..........

tylusk
02-24-09, 09:13 AM
Hello gentlemen

Thanks for the heads up. I apologize for the lengthy time in posting this reply but you know how things can get sometimes. Also thank you for the welcome. I have been lurking in the forum for about 3yrs after I got my first copy of SH3, but never have participated. Just thought that the Flying Dutchman was kind of cool, but wanted to make sure it was not a glitch. Once again thanks and good hunting.