PDA

View Full Version : Screen language stuck in German

mmm...Dönitz
02-20-09, 07:34 AM
Now that I've applied a few mods to SH3 I've noticed that the screen text lamguage is stuck in German (ship recognition manual, perscopce controls, TDC etc.

Not really a big issue since by now I know what knob does what, but is theer any way around it?

Mods I have enabled are:

SH3 1.4b
GWX3.0 gold
GWX 16k environment
GWX Hatch open mod
GWX Enhanced damage
Thomsen's sound pack v3.0 (3.1 and 3.2 installed but not yet enabled).

SeaWolf U-57
02-20-09, 07:48 AM
Now that I've applied a few mods to SH3 I've noticed that the screen text lamguage is stuck in German (ship recognition manual, perscopce controls, TDC etc.

Not really a big issue since by now I know what knob does what, but is theer any way around it?

Mods I have enabled are:

SH3 1.4b
GWX3.0 gold
GWX 16k environment
GWX Hatch open mod
GWX Enhanced damage
Thomsen's sound pack v3.0 (3.1 and 3.2 installed but not yet enabled).

Its Thomsen sound pack that is doing that it turns everything to German :salute:

Laufen zum Ziel
02-20-09, 10:50 AM
Have you tried changing the language in your start up options screen??

mmm...Dönitz
02-20-09, 01:24 PM

Yep, I have. Makes no difference.

SeaWolf U-57
02-20-09, 02:31 PM
Yep, I have. Makes no difference.
nor will it ever you need to remove the files that change your setting to German within Thomsen sound pack. if you just want the sound files then remove all files ecept the sound folder that will allow you to again choose which settings you want to use.

Jimbuna
02-20-09, 03:58 PM
Personally, I'd remove the soundpack mod....unless you think it's that superior to what already comes with GWX.

irish1958
02-21-09, 09:17 AM
Or, perhaps, learn German.

SeaWolf U-57
02-21-09, 12:01 PM
Or, perhaps, learn German.

:up:

mmm...Dönitz
02-21-09, 12:31 PM
Ok, well at least I now know what is causing it. I'll leave it as it is until I get bored of the new sounds or something more serious crops up.

TBH I'm having more of an issue coping with the GWX destroyers AI at the moment :o

SeaWolf U-57
02-21-09, 03:25 PM
Ok, well at least I now know what is causing it. I'll leave it as it is until I get bored of the new sounds or something more serious crops up.

TBH I'm having more of an issue coping with the GWX destroyers AI at the moment :o
Easy problem to work around just open the Thomsen sound folder then copy the sound file directly into the games data folder this will overwrite the games sound folder.
Just remeber it will overwrite the sound file already there.

http://www.bts-mods.com/downloads/Phoenix1957/Thread%20pics/Placement.jpg

Edit.. It will take time to copy there is over 1Gb of info to copy

irish1958
02-22-09, 10:39 AM
"TBH I'm having more of an issue coping with the GWX destroyers AI at the moment :o"
Not as much trouble as the U-boat Kaleuns had in real life.

magicsub2
02-25-09, 05:11 AM
dont think we should be dissig thompsen here............:stare:

Edit: removed provacative link. --NS

SeaWolf U-57
02-25-09, 07:01 AM

Not quite sure what you mean the first post said he is having trouble with his game settings turning to German.

This is caused by the Thomsen sound mod simple as that it even states in his Thread that this mod will do that.

So I don’t understand what you are trying to start-up with this “Flame war”.
If you think any of the replies I have posted are in bad taste and “dissig” then I apologize to Philipp Thomsen. If its not me then maybe you should State who you are accusing of this act.

And thank you for the example link. but I didn’t get the connection

Jimbuna
02-25-09, 07:04 AM

Not quite sure what you mean the first post said he is having trouble with his game settings turning to German.

This is caused by the Thomsen sound mod simple as that it even states in his Thread that this mod will do that.

So I don’t understand what you are trying to start-up with this “Flame war”.
If you think any of the replies I have posted are in bad taste and “dissig” then I apologize to Philipp Thomsen. If its not me then maybe you should State who you are accusing of this act.

And thank you for the example link. but I didn’t get the connection

Precisely.....I see no evidence of anyone 'dissig' Thomsen here....but I do see a link to quite an old 'contentious' issue that Neal felt the need to get involved with.

irish1958
02-25-09, 08:17 AM
I agree, Jimbuna
I really don't see how an attempt to inject a little humor is dissing anyone. If Mr Thomsen is muffed, I apologize.
Because of this sim, I have made an attempt to understand German, and even have obtained a learning CD to help (although, I must confess, it appears hopeless; my mouth doesn't appear to work that way).

Onkel Neal
02-25-09, 09:49 AM
I agree, Jimbuna
I really don't see how an attempt to inject a little humor is dissing anyone. If Mr Thomsen is muffed, I apologize.
Because of this sim, I have made an attempt to understand German, and even have obtained a learning CD to help (although, I must confess, it appears hopeless; my mouth doesn't appear to work that way).

Well said, mate :up:

Jimbuna
02-25-09, 12:42 PM

<Back to normal transmission>

@mmm...Dönitz...If you do decide to overwrite/replace the GWX Sound folder, be sure to back it up first because it's a biggy (approx 600MB). ;)

mmm...Dönitz
02-25-09, 12:54 PM
@mmm...Dönitz...If you do decide to overwrite/replace the GWX Sound folder, be sure to back it up first because it's a biggy (approx 600MB). ;)

...so I'm guessing that simply disabling the Thomsen sound pack via JSGME won't "undo" the mod? Or are you referring to if I apply the sounds manually, as in Phoenix1957's post?

SeaWolf U-57
02-25-09, 01:17 PM
...so I'm guessing that simply disabling the Thomsen sound pack via JSGME won't "undo" the mod? Or are you referring to if I apply the sounds manually, as in Phoenix1957's post?

yes as i suggested will overwrite the GWX/Stock game sounds. un-installing it Via JSGME will just remove the Thomsen sound pack :up:

Jimbuna
02-25-09, 01:34 PM

yes as i suggested will overwrite the GWX/Stock game sounds. un-installing it Via JSGME will just remove the Thomsen sound pack :up:

That's it http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif