PDA

View Full Version : How can I change my U-Boat from 1st to 23rd Flotilla?

Lopo
02-17-09, 06:47 PM
Just a little problem for you veterans in SH3:
I'm playing with GWX3.0 and SH3 Commander last version.
I came from Brest with U-81 (1st Flotilla) to Mediterranean in November 1941. I wanted to live a campaign in the Mediterranean area from the beginning. So I did my first patrol in Atlantic and my second from Brest to Mediterranean through Gibraltar.
Still based at Brest, I docked at Salamis. The game considered I'm based at Brest doesn't let me transfer U-81 to 23rd Flotilla based at Salamis. Even with SH3 Commander when I choose "in home base before patrol #" I start at Salamis with my base in Brest!!!:wah:

Please, what can I do in order to remedy this problem? Which files do I change in my career?

Thanks a lot for your help
Cheers

Lopo

irish1958
02-17-09, 07:54 PM
Only solution of your problem is to get Donitz in a compromising situation.
Depending on what mods you are playing, there are restrictions on changing flotillas. If you go into the cfg file in SilentHunterIII\data\cfg\basic you can change a few things and get it done.

A Very Super Market
02-17-09, 07:59 PM
Have you applied for a transfer?

Lopo
02-18-09, 04:54 AM

I tried but I can't docked at a secondary base.

Lopo
02-18-09, 06:00 AM
For anyone interested:

To make a transfer from a secondary base ( in my case from 1st Flotilla in Brest to 23rd Flotilla in Salamis):
1. I begun a new false campaign in Salamis
2. I opened the file in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Mes documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\*** and copied in my true campaign from the false Careers_0.cfg the next items:
CrtBase=763
CrtPort=13
PortName=Salamis

With these modifications, I could open my true campaign (always 1st Flotilla in Brest) and made the transfer to the 23rd Flotilla in Salamis. :rock:

Cheers

Awful Smutje
02-18-09, 07:32 AM

The normal way should be:

you ask BDU for a transfer (by clicking the telephone on the desk in the harbour)
if your transfer will be confirmed, you should get order to go to a patrol grid and than return to your new harbour
Maybe you have to wait a little (like one patrol) till BDU have done all the paperwork, but IIRC this should change your flotilla.

Lopo
02-18-09, 01:48 PM
The normal way should be:
you ask BDU for a transfer (by clicking the telephone on the desk in the harbour)
if your transfer will be confirmed, you should get order to go to a patrol grid and than return to your new harbourMaybe you have to wait a little (like one patrol) till BDU have done all the paperwork, but IIRC this should change your flotilla.

Strange... I've applied this way when I was in Brest with the 1st but the next patrol after confirmation was from the new port: Salamis :o I haven't know the stress by passing through Gibraltar strait.

BTW, Thanks for reply
Cheers