PDA

View Full Version : @ OLC

Hitman
02-16-09, 03:03 PM
Since you don't receive PMs I'm asking you here,

Do you know by chance in which file is the controller for Wind speed?

I'm trying to give it a maximum while still keeping it variable. I know I can make it constant and never change, but I would like to be able to leave it random BUT with a maximum speed of f.e. 8, never reaching 15 as it usually does :hmmm:

Also, I wanted to ask you if the environment mod in your "Gold" release of OLC will be released separately, or will it always remain a pack together with the GUI?

IFRT-WHUFC
02-17-09, 09:08 AM
I'm certain that the wind speed is hard coded in Sh3Controller.act or EnvSim.act can't remember which, but OLC may know otherwise!

ok
Rick

Hitman
02-17-09, 09:38 AM
Oh that would be great if I could access it to fix the weather, the only problem is that I don't know if that one would get into the category of "forbidden files" :hmmm:

Please if you can be more precise, PM me so I can give it a try.

irish1958
02-17-09, 10:20 AM
Wind speed of 15/ms in common in the North Atlantic and Artic, esp in the Winter. I don't think this is so in the Mediterranean or the Caribbean. It would be great to fix this, perhaps via SH3CMDR. It has seasonal wave heights as an option; perhaps the wind speed is related to this, and modifying wave heights will have the effect your are seeking.

Hitman
02-17-09, 10:32 AM
It's not matter of how realistic it is, but of the effect it has in the game. The thing is, for the game 15 m/s is storm and you can't man the deck gun and the game behaves as if there is actually a storm, even if you associated with tha status lower waves and clearer skies :damn:

LGN1
02-17-09, 03:01 PM
Hi,

can you not simply redefine the 'stormconditions' in the NSS_Uboat**.cfg file in data/Submarine/NSS_Uboat**? I thought that if you set it to 15 you can use the deck gun in any conditions. However, I guess the raincoats will also not show up anymore :-?

Cheers, LGN1

Hitman
02-17-09, 03:15 PM
I thought that if you set it to 15 you can use the deck gun in any conditions. However, I guess the raincoats will also not show up anymore

Thanks for the hint, I might try that but then I would need to modify many more files and I'd preferred to keep this simple, because the more files are touched, the more incompatibilities with other mods appear. Besides, I need to ensure that the game thinking there is a storm while the sea is not so bad doesn't have an influence in the AI sensors :damn:

Never mind. So far I have already been able to have a "locked" weather state, which is not so bad and useful for many patrol areas.

Thanks for the input.:up:

irish1958
02-17-09, 08:56 PM
I agree the 15m/s wind speed is unplayable, especially if it lasts for a few weeks on patrol. I wish there were a way around this, at least in the tropics.
Reece has a weather fix, but the wind is still a problem.
Stiebler of NYGM has done a lot of work on weather; perhaps he knows of a way to alter this.