PDA

View Full Version : Files who deals with Smoke

Hohenstaufen
02-16-09, 12:48 PM
Hello Commanders out there,

can somebody tell me short which files are effect the smoke on the ships ? I think i destroyed my smoke on my silent Hunter. I have now some squares which are coming out of ships instead of real smooth smoke. :woot:

TheDarkWraith
02-16-09, 01:26 PM
Hello Commanders out there,

can somebody tell me short which files are effect the smoke on the ships ? I think i destroyed my smoke on my silent Hunter. I have now some squares which are coming out of ships instead of real smooth smoke. :woot:

if you're talking about the funnel smoke then the fast particle generator is in the particles.dat file. The material to make the smoke comes from the materials.dat file.
Are the squares white? If so, you're missing a TGA. Any mods installed or what version are you running of the game?

Hohenstaufen
02-16-09, 01:49 PM
I Racerboy,

thanks for your help. You help me to find the Issue after long testing.

The Waterstreammod, is changing the Materials.dat. So it was causing my bad smoke under this mod constellation:

RBS_SH4-Effects_GWX_30_71
rbs_10-enhancedoilexplosions
LifeBoatsDebris_v4
RBS3withLifeboat
RBs8-optiomalSmoke
WATERSTREAMMOD

Materials.dat from Waterstream mod was changing the materials.dat from RBS_SH4-Effects_GWX_30_71.

Hmm, i guess i have to life without Waterstream. :( :88)

Or you know an Workaround ? Cuz i love your Sh4 effects. :know::up:

TheDarkWraith
02-16-09, 01:57 PM
Materials.dat from Waterstream mod was changing the materials.dat from RBS_SH4-Effects_GWX_30_71.

Hmm, i guess i have to life without Waterstream. :( :88)

Or you know an Workaround ? Cuz i love your Sh4 effects. :know::up:

there's always a workaround. What needs to be done is create you a file that contains just the type 2/0 node for the smoke. Send me the particles.dat and materials.dat from the RBS_SH4-Effects_GWX_30_71 via PM.
Does waterstream mod change the particles.dat file?

Awful Smutje
02-16-09, 02:10 PM
I had the same problem:
Just check the threat of the waterstream mod, Rubini uploaded a fix a few day's ago. He wrote a new version of the materials.dat only for the waterstream mod. With this, it works without any problems and you could use the file with evan82's waterstreams for XXI, too.

Here is the post with the download link: (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1043170&postcount=542)

I think it should solve the problem. At my machine, it works fine now.

Hohenstaufen
02-16-09, 03:15 PM
@Racerboy:

So this problem has already been fixed by Rubini. Anyway. Thank you very much for your support and your great mod. :timeout::yeah:

@Awful Smutje

Thanks very much for posting this link :yeah: