PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Damage, LRT, & Hitman's Optics

Uber Gruber
02-15-09, 01:51 PM
I'm just about to start a new Wolves at War campaign (http://www.wolvesatwar.org) as it really increases my immersion.

However, before i do I'm hoping some people here might be able to answer a few questions.

1. I reallly really like LRT Full but I don't think its compatible with Racerboy's SH$ effects for SH3. It is compatible with GWX Enhanced Damage Effects so I was wondering what are the main differences between them ?

2. I'd like the use the SeaBed Repair mod but again I'm not sure if its compatible with LRT Full.

3. I think Hitman's Optics Mod is the best optics mod i've seen for a long while and I really like the idea of doing it like they do it on the ....sorry, I mean like they did it for real. But I notice it changes the Camera.Dat and Menu_1024_768.ini files. LRT also changes these files so i'm wodering whether I could install the optics over LRT without breaking anything too badly ?

I think that's it for now...any help would be, as usual, greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Hans

rome8800
02-21-09, 07:24 PM
Bump, just because this fellow Kaleun should get some help before the WaW war starts, would suck if he didnt get any help before the war started :O

irish1958
02-22-09, 10:35 AM
UG,
I can't answer your questions, but I strongly suspect they are all incompatible. You might get them to work if you merge the files, but .dat files requires special programs to change; You can try winmerge on the text type files.

badwolf
02-22-09, 10:41 AM
Hi Uber Gruber

This might help
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1029485&postcount=46

If not, send me a list of all the mods you intend using and I'll sort it out for you.

badwolf

Hitman
02-22-09, 03:40 PM
What is the LRT mod? :-?

I can easily provide you the minor tweaks I did in the cameras.dat file so you can create a file where the other mod and mine are mergued, but with the menu.ini it might be a bit more complicated.

badwolf
02-22-09, 05:00 PM
Hi Hitman,
Longer Repair Times, there's only 4 or so settings in the LRT camera.dat to transfer, these are in the MechShocksPendulum parts.
As regards the menu_1024_768.ini there's 3 changes, 2 font changes and a change of scroll text position.
It was a while back when I made it compatable to OLC's GUI, just before NVDrifter had released his mod patches. I don't think the latest LRT will have any additional changes in those areas.
As regards the Enhanced Damage Effects and LRT, the 2 files Zones.cfg and particles.dsd will need merging, but its very easy to do, especially with winmerge and Silent 3ditor.

Uber Gruber
02-24-09, 03:09 PM
Well thanks both of you, if the changes that need doing could be listed then i'll try and make the changes/merges. I'd lover to have LRT and Hitman's optics (as part of Mikayl's Kombi) in my next WaW patrol :up:

badwolf
02-24-09, 08:02 PM
Hi Uber Gruber,
I think Hitman's Optics are already in Another CombiMod.
It's easier to upload the files than try to list the changes so here is "Another CombiMod v1.1.0" and "Longer Repair Times v2.04 Full" combination files. Only had an hour to test in GWX 3.0 under DC attack and it seemed O.K. Let me know if you have any problems.

http://files.filefront.com/ACM+LRTzip/;13361076;/fileinfo.html

badwolf

Uber Gruber
02-25-09, 06:48 AM
Thanks very much badwolf....I actually use Mikayl's ACM Kombi and reverted to LRT lite yesterday, but tonight I will try your ACM version with LRT Full.

Thanks again! :up:

Uber Gruber
02-27-09, 06:05 AM
@Badwolf

Just a quick question, the ACM-LRT mod you uploaded, is it possible to make it compatible with Open Hatch and Enhanced Damage Effects as well as ACM ?

Its the last component I need for my "ideal" setup....failing that, could you give me some pointers so I can make them compatible myself ? I have WinDiff to detect differences and a copy of S3D but i'm a little at a loss trying to find the differences between LRT and EDE or OpenHatch using S3D.

Does S3D have a file difference function for DAT files ?

Cheers, Hans.

badwolf
02-27-09, 10:52 AM
Hi Uber Gruber,
I have noticed a bug that needs sorting out sometime - the InteriorAft compartment can get into some strange viewing angles.

Here's the merged Files:-

http://files.filefront.com/ACM+LRT+EDE+OHM+LWSzip/;13377399;/fileinfo.html

Here is the readme file that will explain everything:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This enables the following mods to be used together:-

Another COmbiMod - v1.1.0
Longer Repair Times v2.04 Full
Enhanced Damage Effects
Open Hatch Mod

The above can be installed in any order.

The ACM_LRT_EDE_OHM_LWS is JSGME ready.
The ACM_LRT_EDE_OHM_LWS must be installed last and overwrites the conflicting files. It also enables "LWS - LRT 2.04 Full patch", this is the late war sensor patch for LRT and will appear when you reopen JSGME.

Known bugs
The interiorAft room can have some strange angled effects - further investigations required.

I take no credit for the mods used, that belongs to the modders involved.

badwolf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uber Gruber
02-27-09, 11:16 AM
Now that was quick, thankyou ever so much. I will get cracking with it straight away and give feedback.

:salute:

badwolf
02-27-09, 11:54 AM
Hi Uber Gruber,
Forgot to answer your other questions.

S3D doesn't have a compare but you can open many files. You can still use winmerge to compare most files even if it appears garbage, this shows the area which you can then edit in S3D.

My main installation, say GWX 3.0 unmodded is what I compare each mod against and then note the changes (Comparing mod against mod makes it too difficult).

Lets say I was modding the Cameras.dat in 2 mods ACM & LRT.
In winmerge open the GWX 3.0 camera.dat and compare with LRT, it will highlight were the differences are.
Then in S3D you open GWX 3.0 + ACM + LRT, then open each at the first winmerge difference. If GWX 3.0 & ACM is the same then you know the latter hasn't modified that part and so you are reasonable safe to copy the setting from LRT to ACM.
You work down the winmerge differences transfering from LRT to ACM with S3D and thus merge them as one. Notice I always compare both mods to the GWX 3.0 camera.dat if both mods have the changes in the same place then you have to find a setting that will suit both mods.

hope this helps
badwolf

PLEASE NOTE
When I said:-
It also enables "LWS - LRT 2.04 Full patch", this is the late war sensor patch for LRT
I mean it will be available in the JSGME MOD folder ready to enable at the right time.

Uber Gruber
03-16-09, 03:18 PM
I'm bumping this thread because i've had some interest in badwolfs mod.

@badwolf, perhapps you might want to release it as an official mod. I know the lads over at WaW like it and i've had a PM about it here at subsim.

:up:

badwolf
03-17-09, 06:53 AM
Hi Uber Gruber,
Glad to hear the mods merge works ok. Been busy working on another mod at the moment and haven't had time to put out-to-sea. There are some areas in 2 mods that I'd like to improve before I release officially, but you don't need my permission, you can do whatever you want with this alpha version.

Don't forget that when you install the "Late war sensor" you must enable "GWX late sensors" and then the "LWS - LRT 2.04 Full patch". You could copy "GWX late sensors" Submarine folder to the "LWS - LRT 2.04 Full patch" and so eliminate the need for the GWX one.
badwolf