PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] - Question How can you tell if a Sub Skin is Compatible with GWX3?

OneTinSoldier
02-13-09, 02:28 PM
Especially if it's contained in a .dat file. If it comes as a .dat file does this automatically mean that it's not compatible?

I take it that if it comes only as texture files that go into to the 'Tex' folders that it's pretty much compatible with any supermod. Would that be correct?

Thank you for any insight into this question.

Cheers

TheDarkWraith
02-13-09, 06:22 PM
Especially if it's contained in a .dat file. If it comes as a .dat file does this automatically mean that it's not compatible?

I take it that if it comes only as texture files that go into to the 'Tex' folders that it's pretty much compatible with any supermod. Would that be correct?

Thank you for any insight into this question.

Cheers

if it comes in a .dat file chances are that other items are changed in the .dat file which may/may not be compatible with whatever mod you are using.
Texture files placed in the Tex folders will override most of the packed in textures used in game.
Why not just extract the texture you're wanting out of the .dat file in question and pack it into the .dat file your using?

OneTinSoldier
02-13-09, 07:13 PM
Ahoy Racerboy,

Thanks for the reply and info. I'll consider giving the .dat extraction a try! I do have the following file, DatTexExtract.zip. Thanks again.

Cheers matey