PDA

View Full Version : Type VIIC/41 depth in SH3

Scotty
02-10-09, 10:37 PM
I have sh3 1.4b, GWX3, JSGME mod enabler, SH Commander 3.2 etc..
Everything works fine... exept I can not get the type VIIC/41 to use the files in it's folder... the graphics look fine.. but it dives no deeper than the normal type VIIC.. using CRUSH DEPTH program to specs, and also in SH commander.
The VIIC is set to crush at 300 and the VIIC/41 at 350 mtrs ... both of them will go 300 or a little more, but hull integrity goes down.

I edited the cfg file in the VIIC/41 to crash dive at 250, and the VIIC at 150..
using th VIIC/41, I hit crash dive in VIIC/41 and it goes 150. I belive the VIIC/41 uses the VIIC zon file.. GWX3 SH commander etc, nothing I can find to change this.. any idea???
Thanls

scotty (capt "Blue Face Maker")

bobchase
02-10-09, 11:29 PM
I have sh3 1.4b, GWX3, JSGME mod enabler, SH Commander 3.2 etc..
Everything works fine... exept I can not get the type VIIC/41 to use the files in it's folder... the graphics look fine.. but it dives no deeper than the normal type VIIC.. using CRUSH DEPTH program to specs, and also in SH commander.
The VIIC is set to crush at 300 and the VIIC/41 at 350 mtrs ... both of them will go 300 or a little more, but hull integrity goes down.

I edited the cfg file in the VIIC/41 to crash dive at 250, and the VIIC at 150..
using th VIIC/41, I hit crash dive in VIIC/41 and it goes 150. I belive the VIIC/41 uses the VIIC zon file.. GWX3 SH commander etc, nothing I can find to change this.. any idea???
Thanls

scotty (capt "Blue Face Maker")

In the stock game they do indeed use the same zon file. I can't speak for the rest of your bag of tricks because I've never tried those options. However, Timetravelers "SH3 Inspector" file will modify the zon file for you.

Go to http://hosted.filefront.com/bobchase and open up the Timetraveler file directory. SH3 Inspector build 189 is there. Go to the 'SUBS' tab and you can set the type 7 crush depth there. You'll need to click the check box for the 7/41 to set the crush depth to greater than 300m.

This is a global setting for the 7s including the 7/41 & 7/42. The only thing the check box does is hinder you from cheating by setting a 7's crush depth to 450m and then playing the game. However, if you check the 7/42 box and set the depth to 450m, then a plain Jane type 7 also has that crush depth too - even way back in 1939.

Happy Trails,

Bob

Scotty
02-11-09, 07:28 AM
In the stock game they do indeed use the same zon file. I can't speak for the rest of your bag of tricks because I've never tried those options. However, Timetravelers "SH3 Inspector" file will modify the zon file for you.

Go to http://hosted.filefront.com/bobchase and open up the Timetraveler file directory. SH3 Inspector build 189 is there. Go to the 'SUBS' tab and you can set the type 7 crush depth there. You'll need to click the check box for the 7/41 to set the crush depth to greater than 300m.

This is a global setting for the 7s including the 7/41 & 7/42. The only thing the check box does is hinder you from cheating by setting a 7's crush depth to 450m and then playing the game. However, if you check the 7/42 box and set the depth to 450m, then a plain Jane type 7 also has that crush depth too - even way back in 1939.

Happy Trails,

Bob[/quote]

Thanks Bob

Great info there.
So I am to understand ALL type 7c's use the same info folder in
\SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine\NSS_uboatc\

Why is there a folder \SilentHunterIII\data\Submarine\NSS_uboatc41\

the 41 has it's own folder in the patched game, but neither the patched, GWX or SH Cmdr makes use of it, SH Cmndr even has it's own de[th setting for it, but why doesn't it use it?
I'm wondering why there is even a NSS_Uboatc41 folder in data\submarine\ if nothing uses it... is the c/41 only change eye candy and not realisim??

Is this more or less a dead folder, that one can change the name of it from 7c to7c41 ???

Thanks again
scotty

bobchase
02-11-09, 09:35 PM
Scotty,

Don't know about the 41 folder's use, as I don't have one in my version of the game and I presume that you are going to have to get that answer from the GWX team. Is there a zon file in your 41 folder? (I'm guessing that there isn't.) If there is no zon file in the 41 folder, then the stuff in there would be for eye candy and, perhaps, for increased realism for things that were not hard coded to a globally applied file.

The parts of the data you were modifying in the cfg file is just for the in-game stats, like in the library. The eqp file tells the game when 'options' become available for the player; the ones you can buy with renown. Some things can be 'pointed to' in other files, like the menu_1024_768.ini file, so additional folders are needed to keep modifications straight.

By the way, just for clarity, when I say that I play a 'stock game' it's the same game level as what you call 'patched'.

Bob

Scotty
02-12-09, 07:41 AM
Scotty,

Don't know about the 41 folder's use, as I don't have one in my version of the game and I presume that you are going to have to get that answer from the GWX team. Is there a zon file in your 41 folder? (I'm guessing that there isn't.) If there is no zon file in the 41 folder, then the stuff in there would be for eye candy and, perhaps, for increased realism for things that were not hard coded to a globally applied file.

The parts of the data you were modifying in the cfg file is just for the in-game stats, like in the library. The eqp file tells the game when 'options' become available for the player; the ones you can buy with renown. Some things can be 'pointed to' in other files, like the menu_1024_768.ini file, so additional folders are needed to keep modifications straight.

By the way, just for clarity, when I say that I play a 'stock game' it's the same game level as what you call 'patched'.

Bob

Yeah, there is a zon file in the NSS_uboatc41 folder. This is what puzzles me, why have a seperate folder, and the game not use it? also in that same folder is many files including the cfg file that SH3 does not use or read from.
I take it that Sh3 is hard coded to only use a certian amount of subs, and no mods can chang this ????

To me they have it backwards... I'd rather have the same Eye candy and althentic realisim, than differnet eye candy and unrealistic realisim.

The whole idea to use the VIIC/41 is it dives deeper.. if I can go 335-345 meters in a 7c/41, instead of 285-295 in a plain 7c , it is that much longer for the DG's or HH's to fall on me, giving me more time to turn and slink away.. and in 42-43 any little chance to help get away is a bigtime survival Godsend.

I figure I may just have to save the 2 folders in a sep place, del the 7c folder, rename the 7c41 folder to 7c when I set sea in the c/41.

happy hunting
Scotty

evan82
02-13-09, 03:17 PM
Check CFG folder from "NSS_Uboat7c41". If in Cfg folder is something like this:

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeVIIC/41
HumanPlayable=NO
;;Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat7/NSS_Uboat7
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=17.0
MaxSpeedSubmerged=7.6
Length=67.4
Width=5.3
RenownAwarded=130

Then it is folder for the U-Boat which is generated by the game, not human playable.:salute:

Scotty
02-18-09, 05:55 PM
Check CFG folder from "NSS_Uboat7c41". If in Cfg folder is something like this:

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeVIIC/41
HumanPlayable=NO
;;Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat7/NSS_Uboat7
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=17.0
MaxSpeedSubmerged=7.6
Length=67.4
Width=5.3
RenownAwarded=130

Then it is folder for the U-Boat which is generated by the game, not human playable.:salute:

Thanks 4 the help, I figured out how to do all this in SH commander, still uses the Type VIIC cfg file, but when one uses the type VIIC/41 in SH commander, then the zon files in the VIIC are temporarly set up for the 41's depth. works great.

later
Scotty

Buck_O
02-19-10, 10:16 PM
Scotty

when you say you figured it out on how to do this all from SH3 cmdr, do you mean that you simply just launched the game via SH3 cmdr and voila!...or is there something that one must do to the files w/in SH3 cmdr? And if thats the case, can you explain?

Also, do you know if its possible to have SH3 cmdr control what 3d model is used when in the VIIC/41?...

I'd like it to automatic the 3d VIIC/41 that GWX made. Presently when I sail, the game uses the VIIC for the VIIC/41. or I can us JSGME and enable the GWX version, but that just puts all type VIIC in a VIIC/41 skin...