PDA

View Full Version : TGA for Mission Editor

MLF
02-05-09, 02:53 PM
I have been coming to grips with realistic harbour creation after seeing and using Nautilas/Trainer's St Nazaire. I am starting small with an attempt at my home town harbour on the Dorset coast. My question is:-

How do you make the model of the port for inclusion in the mission editor? It has to be accurate for placement of ships so I guess it is taken from the actual layout of the port done for the main sim?

Any help would be appreciated.

MLF

bigboywooly
02-05-09, 02:55 PM
Good question
Always wondered that myself

You could PM trainer\nautilus and ask
Last I spoke he was taking a break from modding but wouldnt hurt to ask

Oh if you find out post here
lol
Good luck

MLF
02-05-09, 03:48 PM
Good question
Always wondered that myself

You could PM trainer\nautilus and ask
Last I spoke he was taking a break from modding but wouldnt hurt to ask

Oh if you find out post here
lol
Good luck

Hi BBW

Thanks again for your response. I have PM'd Nautilus. Of course I will let you know what he says.

Regards

MLF

SquareSteelBar
02-06-09, 08:17 AM
...so I guess it is taken from the actual layout of the port done for the main sim?Yep [if I understand your question correctly] - add HB_ to the file name [e.g. Lorient.tga -> HB_Lorient.tga] and put it into ...\data\MissionEditor\Locations

Cheers,
SquareSteelBar

MLF
02-06-09, 01:00 PM
Hi SSB

I have started creating a port from scratch with the excellent Silent 3ditor. This produces a .dat file. The question is really - how do you get a tga from the layout in the .dat file to show the layout of the port in mission editor, bearing in mind that within that port ships will be placed with the editor so the tga has to be an accurate representation of the layout in the .dat file?

MLF

MLF
02-07-09, 03:17 PM
No answer to pm to Nautilus42. Have also posted on SH4 forum. Surely someone knows the answer to this one? Please? Or else :dead:

bigboywooly
02-07-09, 03:35 PM
Have PMd nautilus\trainer over at the German Ubi forums - his usual place of residence
Is possible - according to Ref - to load the port into a 3d program and get a TGA from there

Nothing to stop you starting building though is there
Good luck