PDA

View Full Version : Help on Mod install

sunvalleyslim
02-05-09, 02:13 PM
Ahoy Mates need a little help. Sometimes I do not get a mod to install through JSGME. Heres an example......I download a gramaphone mod. I put it in a Silent Hunter 3 download folder. I extract it in the folder. I open up the SH3 program file and copy the mod into the MODS folder. It comes up in the JSGME enabler and I add it in. A file (gramaphone) shows up in the SH3 program file. I have the sub in port. I start the game, open up the gramaphone only to find that there's the same stock songs. The three hundred new somgs aren't playing. I'm running GWX3. I'm an old diesel boat submariner thats a novice with a computer.......Thanks for any help

Contact
02-05-09, 02:17 PM
Just copy the new gramaphone tracks manually to: ***\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Gramophone

And forget about it :03:

JCWolf
02-05-09, 02:20 PM
Ahoy Mates need a little help. Sometimes I do not get a mod to install through JSGME. Heres an example......I download a gramaphone mod. I put it in a Silent Hunter 3 download folder. I extract it in the folder. I open up the SH3 program file and copy the mod into the MODS folder. It comes up in the JSGME enabler and I add it in. A file (gramaphone) shows up in the SH3 program file. I have the sub in port. I start the game, open up the gramaphone only to find that there's the same stock songs. The three hundred new somgs aren't playing. I'm running GWX3. I'm an old diesel boat submariner thats a novice with a computer.......Thanks for any help

Hey mate,

First uninstall the mod ...

than explore the Mods folder and see if it haves the right file structure for being JSGME compat...

Some time Example : Sea folder is with Cap S and if it is in the mod folder sea
JSGME can creat a new folder so this way the mod will not be prop. instaled,
not a JSGME issue but from the guys that made the Mods file structure...:up:

Check the mods folders and subfolders...and correct any possible mistakes...:up:

sunvalleyslim
02-05-09, 02:50 PM
Thanks Contact and JC for the help, will try............:salute:

bigboywooly
02-05-09, 02:53 PM
Am guessing the file structure is wrong

Should be MODS/New mod/data etc

Can end up as MODS/New mod/New mod/data

In which case will be added to the root folder and not enabled

:yeah:

sunvalleyslim
02-05-09, 03:24 PM
Thanks BBW,

OK so I'm looking at a mod and it shows C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII\realistic torpedo mod

Do I need to add \Data to enable

bigboywooly
02-05-09, 04:21 PM
Thanks BBW,

OK so I'm looking at a mod and it shows C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII\realistic torpedo mod

Do I need to add \Data to enable
Ummmm should have a data folder anyway - if it doesnt it wont be in the right file format

Path should be

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII\MODS\realistic torpedo mod inside that should be data\then whatever folder is inside

Example
Torpedo damage final ver 2.0

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII\MODS\Torpedo damage Final ver2.0\data\Misc

Any problems email me the files - email in profile - or PM me a link I can D\L and will take a look