PDA

View Full Version : Mods not working

Vandrith
02-03-09, 09:37 PM
I currently have the following mods installed and they all seem to not be working even though I use JSGME to activate them (I also am using v1.5):

RSRDC_SH15_V400
RFB_c1.52_102408
(1)RUIM v1.0 for SH4v 1.5 (Hi-Res)
(2) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v 1.5 Enlisted Ranks add-on (Hi-Res)
Historical Prop Rotation
NSM4 light
TriggerMaru_Overhall_162_Full
TriggerMaru_Overhall_Patch_163I got my MODS folder set-up like this: C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific/MODS/(I have Data, MODS, JoneSoft.txt, JSGME.exe, JSGME.ini, jsgme_setup.exe, JSGMEHelp.txt under this folder)/MODS/(Now I have this stuff)

RFB_Alternate Nomographs (Folder)
RFB_German Audio Files (Folder)
Support (Folder)
HPR_Readme.txt
RFB_v1.52_102408 (Folder)
RSRDC_SH15_V400 (Folder)
NSM4 light (Folder)
(1) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 (Hi-res)
(2) RUIM v1.0 for SH4v1.5 Enlisted Ranks add-on (Hi-res)
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_162_Full (Folder)
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_Patch_163 (Folder)
Historical Prop Rotation (Folder)None of these mods seem to have taken effect. Ideas?

tater
02-03-09, 10:03 PM
Have you read any of the readmes?

The first list of mods you have installed consists of sets of mutually exclusive mods as the readmes would instantly tell you. Even the bits that work together are not in the right order. JSGME works by swapping stock files with the files within the mod. If mod 1 changes a specific file, and mod 2 changes the same file, installing mod 2 over mod 1 means that ONLY mod 2's change is in effect. IF mod 1 changed some file that mod 2 does not, then you would then have mod 2 running with the 1 mod 1 file also changed. This can, hell, WILL cause problems. I'm surprised you don't crash to the desktop or bluescreen just loading the game up, frankly.

Turn them all off, then pick a SINGLE supermod (either TMO or RFB) if you wish. RSRD will run with either, or stock, but you MUST follow the directions in the readme as to what to install, and in what order. There is a specific RSRD version for each of RFB, TMO, and stock, you must run the right one with the right mod.

"Sir! We have a circle runner!"

vanjast
02-04-09, 12:33 AM
In other words, for mods working with the same files..
Mod-1 has mods A & B
Mod-2 has mod C

Install order:
1) Mod-1
2) Mod-2

Result:- Only mod C will be in effect. The mod files are not merged by JSGME, but backed up, and replaced. If you have a look at the 'Super-Mods' (TMO & RFB), They've tried to include many of the small mods as possible, so as to get around the 'file replacement issue'.

If you want to, you can delve into the small mods and replicate the changes into the bigger mods yourself - I do this. You must just be carefull of what you change as some changes are linked to other files.
:)

LukeFF
02-04-09, 01:20 AM
In addition to tater's post, your two RUIM mods and the NSM mod are in direct conflict with RFB.

Fincuan
02-04-09, 07:03 AM
In addition to what the previous guys said your folder structure is wrong with the two consecutive MODS-folders, so none of your mods are working as it is now. See the instructions that come with JSGME for the correct way.

tater
02-04-09, 09:09 AM
^^^ on the plus side, that prevented the game from always crashing :)

BTW, once you read the JSGME instructions, and the others and have a crack at it, you'll get it working. We're not trying to be mean, but your question is sorta like walking into a mechanics convention, and telling them you've repeatedly filled the radiator with gas, and you put water, then gas, then antifreeze, then gas again into the gas tank and then ask them: "why doesn't my car run?"

It's also sort of a peeve for many that they work hard on writing a (sometimes huge) README, and no one ever reads them :)

jazzabilly
02-04-09, 09:59 AM
I see that he has RFB and TMO running. Would they not conflict?

tater
02-04-09, 11:07 AM
Yes, as I said, many are mutually exclusive, OTOH, as Fincuan said, the folder structure is such that none were actually applied anyway.

AVGWarhawk
02-04-09, 01:06 PM
My God, I'm surprised your game starts at all:06: Pick TMO or RFB. Pick the correct RSRD for the TMO or RFB mod you settled on. Get JSGME and install. Load your mods. Go patrolling:salute:

Vandrith
02-04-09, 03:49 PM
All right, thanks everybody, really I mean that. I'll give it a go. (Readme's huh? I wonder why they're called that... :rotfl: )

Thanks again.

tater
02-04-09, 03:56 PM
Could be worse, could be modding il-2, that confused the hell out of me :)

Fincuan
02-04-09, 04:10 PM
Could be worse, could be modding il-2, that confused the hell out of me :)

Nah, it's really not much different. The only big difference in use of mods is that modders needed to crack the protection that the developer put in place to prevent modding. Once the user gets past this step, the mods themselves are just as easy to install as in Silent Hunters'.

tater
02-04-09, 04:44 PM
Sort of, but I wanted to use JSGME, not the AAA UI paradigm. ;)

I'm "spud" over there.

Vandrith
02-04-09, 06:23 PM
All right, read the readme's and I have an understanding of what must be done. Just one problem, I try to move my TMO_162_full file into the MODS folder JSGME make for me and it says I do not have permisson to do so.:damn: I am my system admin, running on vista 32. If I'm not clear just let me know. I'll also continue to dabble with my issue on my own. Take a second look at the help file even. So any ideas would be helpful.

EDIT: Fixed it. What I needed to do was move the game files then make a folder with the same name as the mod. It works. So unless I'm doing something fatally wrong (feel free to tell me) it should be good. Also, anyone know of good files compatible with TMO?

Fincuan
02-04-09, 06:34 PM
Sort of, but I wanted to use JSGME, not the AAA UI paradigm. ;)

I'm "spud" over there.

Works just fine. In my main installation I'm running UI 1.1, and enable some additioinal via JSGME. In another installation I only have the mod activator, and all the mods come via JSGME.

tater
02-04-09, 06:58 PM
Start with one mod, IMO, then add on as you wish you had a feature, that way you know you aren't breaking anything, and you get a feel for your base mod (TMO in this case).

Vandrith
02-04-09, 07:10 PM
Thanks everyone! :up:

AVGWarhawk
02-04-09, 07:20 PM
If you are using Vista, upon installing the game, make a root folder when asked to browes were to intall the game, name it what you want. Do not put in the program files for Vista. That just creates errors and incompatablity you experienced.