PDA

View Full Version : BtS-Mods Going Offline for Maintenance

-SWCowboy.
01-31-09, 11:42 AM
I'm just letting you all know now that our main site at BtS-Mods.com will be shutting down for a few days, I'll be leaving a page up that directs you to our forums until I finish rebuilding.

If you're in the middle of a download when this occurs you won't have to worry about a thing, I'm not changing the links for the downloads at all and your files will remain in place on our server.

This is a major overhaul of our current site, a lot of you would remember the one we had back in November, this one's even bigger.

I'm changing the site for a number of reasons:
a. get visitors to the mods they want quicker
b. organize the files we have on our server
c. update the look and navigation of our site

I can't say for sure when all this will be finished, so I ask for your patience while I take care of this because it may take me more than a day or two to complete the project. I'll make another announcement when I'm finished to let you know when we're back up and running at full capacity again.

Thanks for your patience! :yeah:

Laufen zum Ziel
01-31-09, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the headsup and good luck with the work.

Ktl_KUrtz
01-31-09, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the headsup and good luck with the work.

Well said and I second that.
KUrtz

-SWCowboy.
01-31-09, 02:00 PM
I've been fiddling with this layout for about 5 days now. I'm just about finished but none of the mods will be available for download until I get all the new pages written up. Yall want to see it?

Here's a generic site map, I'll use Phoenix1957 as an example:

All his mods are listed on his page. Probably alphabetically or in the order that they were received.
Each mod is going to be linked to another page that shows a thumb and larger screenshots if available. Below that thumb & the images there will be a mod description.
Under that you'll have the "download here" link.

Phoenix1957 and VonDos helped me out with that idea. I'll also credit Graf Paper for the ideas he passed on to me as well on simplifying things. :cool: