PDA

View Full Version : Make waves smaller?

Hitman
01-29-09, 07:31 AM
I know SH3 Commander allows changing the size of the waves, but apparentñy it only gives option to make them bigger :hmm: What do I need to tweak to make waves smaller (Not so tall)?

Thanks for any advice :up:

danlisa
01-29-09, 07:37 AM
I know SH3 Commander allows changing the size of the waves, but apparentñy it only gives option to make them bigger :hmm: What do I need to tweak to make waves smaller (Not so tall)?

Thanks for any advice :up:

Nowhere near my game at the moment but you should check the scene.dat. Also, check SH3 Commanders SH3 Options.cfg which list's the 'multipliers' for the seasonal settings, to give you further ideas.

Hitman
01-29-09, 10:23 AM
Thanks Mykhail, but I think that affects the size of the wall in terms of square surface it ocuppies horizontally. What I'm looking for is the wave heigth parameter :hmm: I'll experiemnt with it, though. :up:

makman94
01-29-09, 10:43 AM
hello hitman , the height is located in scene.dat

in the envsim -->wind-->wave properties-->scale . the height is the Y value.

but be careful there because is not so simple as to increase or decrease this value.you have to adjust the X,Z values(square dimensions) and also the choppywave,supresswave in envdata . also other values in waveproperties has effect on the wave's shape so if you only adjust the Y value ,i am afraid that you will see very ugly waves!

bye

danlisa
01-29-09, 10:47 AM
What I'm looking for is the wave height parameter :hmm: I'll experiment with it, though. :up:

That's in the Scene.dat!
Which is why SH3 Commander modifies it when seasonal wave heights are used.

Hitman
01-29-09, 11:59 AM
All right, thanks for the help I will make some experiments :up: