PDA

View Full Version : GWX3-Compatibles Mods ?

Borgneface
01-29-09, 03:39 AM
Hello to all,

I know it's been a very long time since I have posted here or even been able to come on the forum :cry: this due to very serious health problems. I beg the moderators to forgive me if this thread is not suitable here :oops:

With the released of GWX3, which I have just downloaded and installed with the very last version of Sh3 commander....I am now lost regarding which mods are compatible with GWX3???
Is there any hope that all you fantasctic modders would use that link or some knowledge member here will start a thread listing these mods?

It would be a very long and hard work to test every single mod...hehehe!
Thank you very much for your kind understanding! :yep:

magicsub2
01-29-09, 04:13 AM
ok, herer is some:

the bearded faces mod
torpedo damage final
lifeboats and debris v4
thompsons ships 3.1
japan air mod 1 (adds japaneese planes)
japan air mod 2
whalechaser mod (whaling boat)
gwx st nazaire and schluese harbours (a must get for anyone in the 7th flottila, best harbour EVA!!!!!!!!!)

well thats the mods i have

Sirkam
01-29-09, 05:03 AM
Magicsub2, can you post the link to the lifeboats and debris v4 mod?

magicsub2
01-29-09, 06:10 AM
sure thing
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134988&highlight=lifeboats+debris

adds lots of cinematic moments!

Sirkam
01-29-09, 06:39 AM

Awful Smutje
01-29-09, 06:46 AM
SH3 Gen
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=911371&postcount=444
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=911371&postcount=444)

Racerboys SH4 effects for SH3
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136018&highlight=racerboy
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136018&highlight=racerboy)
These two mods are a real upgrade for the game, in my eyes.

GOZO
01-29-09, 09:20 AM
Hello to all,

I know it's been a very long time since I have posted here or even been able to come on the forum :cry: this due to very serious health problems. I beg the moderators to forgive me if this thread is not suitable here :oops:

With the released of GWX3, which I have just downloaded and installed with the very last version of Sh3 commander....I am now lost regarding which mods are compatible with GWX3???
Is there any hope that all you fantasctic modders would use that link or some knowledge member here will start a thread listing these mods?

It would be a very long and hard work to test every single mod...hehehe!
Thank you very much for your kind understanding! :yep:

Actually a very good question indeed. What we need is a sticky taking care of these things regarding GWX3.0Gold only.:yep:

What I have by now thanks to other members is that OLC:s Special GUI also works fine with GWX3.:up:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147487

Cheers

/OB

Wildhawke11
01-29-09, 09:07 PM
ok, herer is some:

the bearded faces mod
torpedo damage final
lifeboats and debris v4
thompsons ships 3.1
japan air mod 2
gwx st nazaire and schluese harbours (a must get for anyone in the 7th flottila, best harbour EVA!!!!!!!!!)

Have you a link to that torpedo damage final please
I did find what could be it but am not sure, and dont want to go wrong.
Thanks

rucirruz
01-29-09, 09:24 PM
ok, herer is some:

the bearded faces mod
torpedo damage final
lifeboats and debris v4
thompsons ships 3.1
japan air mod 2

Is there a link to the above mentioned "Japan Air Mod 1 & 2"? I did a search on the site and did'nt find anything. Thanks.:hmmm:

magicsub2
01-30-09, 02:40 AM
ok japan air and us plans to sh3

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131173&highlight=betty+bomber

magicsub2
01-30-09, 02:45 AM
ok and torpedo damage final:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105298&highlight=torpedo+damage+final

and also if you want to ask anything else just pm me please because i cant often check all the threads to see if anyone has remarked!

StarLion45
01-30-09, 07:54 AM
That huge emblems mod called for :

" CapZapEmblemsPack_Final " with over 60 emblems , it's a must have .
It is compatible with GWX 3.0. Gold:O: :O: :yeah: :D

Jimbuna
01-30-09, 08:29 AM
By clicking on my FF page you might find one or two.

Q ship mod may be released soon after compatability tests.

Wildhawke11
01-30-09, 09:42 AM
ok and torpedo damage final:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105298&highlight=torpedo+damage+final

and also if you want to ask anything else just pm me please because i cant often check all the threads to see if anyone has remarked!

Thank You Very Much
Danny

rucirruz
01-30-09, 04:21 PM
ok, herer is some:

the bearded faces mod
torpedo damage final
lifeboats and debris v4
thompsons ships 3.1
japan air mod 2

Is there a link to the above mentioned "Japan Air Mod 1 & 2"? I did a search on the site and did'nt find anything. Thanks.:hmmm:

Thanks!

FIREWALL
01-30-09, 04:35 PM
A :up: to Magicsub2 for posting all those links. And a :salute:

chanbasti
02-01-09, 10:05 AM
any chance someone can post a link to the st. nazaire mod. i'm in th flottilla right now.
thx

Captain Wreckless
02-02-09, 05:18 PM
I've got some of the mentioned MODS, but I'm not sure what order to install them.
In the order I have for installation:

gwx3
sh3 commander v3.2
any of the included gwx mods
LifeBoats & Debris v4
Torpedo damage Final v2.0
Thompsons ships 3.1
Water Stream for Uboats v4
GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese
gun emplacement mod

None of these are installed as I'm not sure what order to do it in. :hmmm:

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks.

CW:arrgh!:

FIREWALL
02-02-09, 05:37 PM
I've got some of the mentioned MODS, but I'm not sure what order to install them.

gwx3
sh3 commander v3.2
LifeBoats & Debris v4
Thompsons ships 3.1
gun emplacement mod

Thanks.

Other than RACERBOYS MOD. do them in the order you posted them.

Then ..... HAVE FUN :D

Admiral Von Gerlach
02-04-09, 04:05 PM
chanbasti here is St Naz.. mod

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143459

Captain Wreckless
02-07-09, 02:22 AM

gwx3
sh3 commander v3.2
LifeBoats & Debris v4
Thompsons ships 3.1
gun emplacement mod

Thanks.

Other than RACERBOYS MOD. do them in the order you posted them.

Then ..... HAVE FUN :D
Thanks. Is there something wrong RACERBOYS MOD? Should it be installed last, first or not at all?

JHuschke
04-04-09, 11:50 AM
Can anyone link the whalechaser mod?

UberTorpedo
04-04-09, 05:17 PM
Download ==> http://files.filefront.com/WhaleChaser+MOD7z/;9529408;/fileinfo.html
and forum link ==> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=129856&highlight=whalechaser

Aces
04-07-09, 04:59 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks to all who have posted links and info to this thread. I'm just getting back into SH3 after nearly a year out owing to a mixture of ill-health, moving house and family issues. I've gotten a new game rig (Core2 Duo Quad/ 2.5 GHz, 4Gb Ram) and re-installed all my games so that I can continue work on my movie which I last worled on over a year ago and which I'm hoping to complete this summer.

As always some great mods here and some really talented modders/artists/modellers etc.. I've installed most of the mods in this thread and am marvelling at the work of the modders, SH3 and the SH3 community here has always been a firm favourite of mine. Modders have taken an excellent simulation and develped it to even greater immersive depths (excuse the pun, bravo to all who have made SH3 what it is today) :)

Now, if I may, for a quick question. I have installed all of the mods listed above on top of a fresh v1.4+GWX 3 install using JGSME as usual including Racerboy's Holiwood Effects mod which I enabled last and am getting very blocky/pixely smoke. I removed RB's mod and all was fine. Is there a specific install order to include RB's mod? or isn't it compatible with GWX 3. I'm looking for eye candy/historical accuracy mods for the movie and there are some fantastic mods here as usual.

BTW thanks for the info found here on NHancer which has made the game look even more stunning. Just switched back to Nvidia GX260 after years of ATI cards preceded by Nvidia so stilll experimenting with setting but I think that the NHancer settings found here are a keeper as they look fantastic.

Kind Regards to all

Cheers

Leigh/Aces (IL-2 MAT Manager developer and long time "Mod Junkie". :)

PS. I think that the hallmark of a great game is a great modding community and, IMO, there's few, if any, greater modding communities than found here. I've spent many years enjoying the work of modders and it takes me back to years ago with EAW where I looked forward every day to finding and installing new mods and this developed my interest to get involved and start producing my own mods, there's nothing like the "buzz", excitement and thrill of new mods. Viva modders, I thank you all.

supposedtobeworking
04-07-09, 10:56 PM
ditto on racerboys effects mod- when should it be installed in what order? thanks.

Aces
04-08-09, 12:54 AM
Hiya,

After a bit of experimentation this is what I've got in this order

GWX 3.0
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Bearded Faces
Das Boot Clothes
Longer Torpedo Wakes v1.02
LCM701gwx3 (Camera mod)

and this is where the nstall order is critical :

Water_Stream_for_Uboats_V4
Rbs1_SH4_Effects__GWX30_71
Lifeboats&Debris_v4
Rbswithlifeboat (from the optional folder included in RB's Effects)
RB's Exhaust Smoke (RBs_ES_for_Rubinis_WS.rar)

lastly as an experiment I added

RB_7b_FlagsPs_1_04_GWX.7z

Which I really liked pre-GWX3 to see if it worked okay and so far all looks great and works well.

Any tips and suggestions on this mod enabling order much appreciated.

Best Regards

Aces

PS. I read the readme files for both the Waterstream mod and RB's Effects mod but wasn't sure on the install order of these mods.I settled on this order with Waterstream first as, if I put RB Effects first I get the blocky/pixelly smoke problem that I first had. Rb's Flags and Pennants with twisty periscope (enabled last) didn't want to overwrite any files as reported by JGSME.

I'm also going to experiment with this mod : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150105
as it looks to include all of the effects mods above, excellent alternative, bravo for combining these into one package! :).

Sharkley
04-08-09, 12:18 PM
Hiya,

After a bit of experimentation this is what I've got in this order

GWX 3.0
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Bearded Faces
Das Boot Clothes
LCM701gwx3 (Camera mod)

and this is where the nstall order is critical :

Water_Stream_for_Uboats_V4
Rbs1_SH4_Effects__GWX30_71
Lifeboats&Debris_v4
Rbswithlifeboat (from the optional folder included in RB's Effects)
RB's Exhaust Smoke (RBs_ES_for_Rubinis_WS.rar)

lastly as an experiment I added

RB_7b_FlagsPs_1_04_GWX.7z

Which I really liked pre-GWX3 to see if it worked okay and so far all looks great and works well.

Any tips and suggestions on this mod enabling order much appreciated.

Best Regards

Aces

PS. I read the readme files for both the Waterstream mod and RB's Effects mod but wasn't sure on the install order of these mods.I settled on this order with Waterstream first as, if I put RB Effects first I get the blocky/pixelly smoke problem that I first had. Rb's Flags and Pennants with twisty periscope (enabled last) didn't want to overwrite any files as reported by JGSME.

I'm also going to experiment with this mod : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150105
as it looks to include all of the effects mods above, excellent alternative, bravo for combining these into one package! :).

Aces, Bravo !!

Great Post, you answered so many of my questions and that last "all in one" mod looks amazing and I will try it with my GWX 3.0 Gold

This is a great topic and I look forward to continued reading !!

Any links for the following

Bearded Faces
Das Boot Clothes
LCM701gwx3 (Camera mod)

andym
04-08-09, 12:32 PM
I personally prefer Anzacmiks Damage Immersion rather than the Sh4 effects mod.

Aces
04-09-09, 05:03 AM
Here you go m8,

Little Camera Mod:

http://hosted.filefront.com/asanovic7/

Bearded Faces Mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=285

Das Boot Clothes Mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=992

I can't find the Longer Torpedo Wakes mod link but I'll have a look around and post back.

Edit: found it :) : http://files.filefront.com/Longer+Torpedo+Wakes+v102zip/;6576804;/fileinfo.html

If you install the combined mod then install these mods after it using JSGME else you will not see the new clothes, faces etc., also the comnbined mod includes a camera mod so you might not want to enable LCM mod.

Cheers

Leigh/Aces

Sharkley
04-09-09, 07:17 AM
Many Thanks Aces.

In regards to that combo mod, how would you install it ?, what mosd would you remove that you have installed now ??

My SH3 seems to be a bit "funny" from all the mod being installed and unistalled, I would like to have a simple setup of what mods need to be installed in what order.

Hope that makes sense

Aces
04-09-09, 07:32 AM
Hi, my pleasure m8,

At the moment I have un-installed all mods and then intstalled the combined mod first then the Das Boot Clothes and Bearded faces mods. In each case JGSME will warn you about the files having been previously altered by the combined mod. IMO this is okay as there's no "danger" there as the only files effected are the clothes and faces. I then installed the Open Hatch GWX mod. Now here one has to be a bit careful as this mod uses files already altered by the combined mod. Lastly I installed RB's flags and pennants mod (as included in the combined mod download) again you will get a warning about files having previously been altered.

So far this has looked very promising, if you install the Open Hatch GWX mod BEFORE the combined mod then you will not see it as the files will be overwritten by the combined mod.

I'm not saying that this is a perfect solution but it's one that I'm experimenting with. I'm also experimenting with combining RB's Flags and Pennants and Privateers new Turm emblems mods. I want to test something out this evening and, if it works, I will seek permission from both RB and Privateer to produce a "merged mod" but this depends on whether I've merged the dat files successfully.

So for the time being it's....

Combined mod
Das Boot Clothes
Bearded Faces
Open Hatch GWX
RB's Flags and Pennants.

and maybe soon RB's Flags and Pennants + Privateers Turm Emblems Your Way

Cheers

Aces

Sharkley
04-09-09, 07:56 AM
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/jampy/th_SH3Addons.jpg

Hightlighted mods come with GWX 3.0 Gold. Data (one with arrow) is SH3_Flaggen_mod.zip

This is my setup now..any tips ??

I will follow your advise in the post above this one to, and test results..

Many many thanks !!

Aces
04-09-09, 08:51 AM
Hiya,

You could post a bit bigger pic could you as my old eyes aren't what they used to be :)_

I did notice that you have GWX - Enhanced damage I wouldn't run that as well as the combi mod as the later includes RB's Effects mod etc.

I would start off by removing all mods and then add the Combi mod then add mods after that. You can dispense with RB's effect, waterstreams and Lifeboats debris mods as they're all included in the combi mod AFAIK. I'm a bit concerned at the "Data" entry as it looks strange as the data folder is the first sub-folder of the folder with the mod name as the convention goes unless this mod has a data\data folder structure in your MODS folder.

As for the other mods I'd add them one at a time and test, there's a few that I don't recognise, the smoke mods might interefere with the combi mod, it's a testing/preferance thing also check that the Torpedo Damage mod isn't also included in the combi mod, I forget, if so you can dispense with that mod too.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Aces

Sharkley
04-09-09, 09:13 AM
Sorry about the small picture

But I fully understand what yoru saying as for the data folder, that was what was installed using JSMGE (SP?)

I am going to start fresh as you stated and see how it goes..

Once I get the candy the way i like it I will work on interface mods..

Many thanks !

Aces
04-09-09, 09:27 AM
Okay m8,

Good luck and, above all ENJOY :), one can spend too much time drooling over and tweaking new mods and not enough time having fun with the game itself! :)

Sounds like a sound strategy,

Have fun and let me know what you discover.

Cheers

Aces

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-10-09, 04:46 AM
could you put links to when you post your mod lists ? then ppl dont have to ask each time ;)
(there seem to be a few interesting ones, so thats why i ask)

DirtyACE
04-18-09, 09:38 PM
I have a couple questions:

1. I installed the big combo mod and then I tried installing the 16km Atmosphere mod that comes with GWX, but it gave a big list of things that would be overwritten, is this ok?

2. I'm coming back to SH3 after a little while and it appears that some custom ship models/skins are not compatible with GWX3. Is this also true for custom u-boat skins? Any of them still work in GWX3?

Sailor Steve
04-19-09, 04:45 PM
1) It depends on what is being overwritten. That said, if it's the version that came with GWX, then you're fine.

2) Type II skins are writted directly into the sub files themselves, so they can be a little tricky. All others are graphics files, so they should be no problem. Use JSGME - if one does cause trouble you can take it right back out again. No hassle, no worries.

DirtyACE
04-20-09, 03:45 AM
1) It depends on what is being overwritten. That said, if it's the version that came with GWX, then you're fine.

2) Type II skins are writted directly into the sub files themselves, so they can be a little tricky. All others are graphics files, so they should be no problem. Use JSGME - if one does cause trouble you can take it right back out again. No hassle, no worries.

Thanks for the help SS :up:

Kilhmar
04-26-09, 03:57 PM
What is this "combo mod" you guys talk about, and where can I find it?