PDA

View Full Version : Help! Confused with OLC GUI - special..or not?

Nimmo55
01-28-09, 04:54 AM
Hi. I've searched the forum..and am still confused: I want to run OLC's GUI...but which one? And where does he keep the tutorial now? (links to filefront in documentation seem to go to an ad hoc page...with no OLC GUI tutorial???) Anyway, I first tried the OLC GUI special...but the supposed links in the documentation that showed me how to use it (without magnification...etc) DO NOT work and lead...no where. Hmmm. So...I like the waves in the special version, which I understand is why there is no magnification options in the periscope now...but how do I USE IT? Like the 'normal' GUI?

And I'm running GWX 3: I'm assuming it is ok to run OLC GUI special OR OLC GUI 127.7 with it? I can only find the OLC GUI with the Ubermod 243.7 download...which has of course the OLCE2 with it. But I'm assuming I don't need that given GWX 3 has it. Am I right?

And finally...are these the latest version of OLC's superb work?

Sorry to be a pain..but really...there are SOOOO many mods now...each one released at different times, it does get just a little bit confusing for we poor slobs just trying to get the most realistic simulation experience :)

Advice much appreciated! Tks

Nimmo55

Awful Smutje
01-28-09, 08:00 AM
I use the OLC GUI 1.2.7 with GWX 3.0 without problems.

Sorry, I don't know the other OLC mods, I only wanted the GUI.

But the tutorial video can be found at UberTorpedos FileFront page:
http://hosted.filefront.com/UberTorpedo

I've got my tutorial from there, but have still problems with the attackdisc... I need a lot of training... -.-°

tomfon
01-28-09, 08:31 AM
Hallo Nimmo55.

OLC's GUI 1.2.7 should be fine with GWX 3.0. I haven't tried it myself but since Awful Smutje says it works for his own SH3+GWX3 installation then... here you go.

OLC GUI Special comes with OLC's Ubermod v2.4.3 (latest version, indeed). The Ubermod works fine with GWX 3.0. If you don't want to use this mod then you'd better install OLC GUI 1.2.7.

OLC GUI Special requires OLCE2, yes, you got that right.

:up:

GOZO
01-28-09, 09:00 AM
Sure sounds promising.:up:

Yes the Ubermod or OLCE2 is graphical and also affects the GWX visual sensors due to the colors he uses. (=Much darker nights etc etc).

It contains the 16 km vis mod + other stuff like the enhanced damage effects as well meaning these are not to be added to the GWX install. Separate files are included in the OLCE2 package. (Good instructions are included)

OLC special GUI is compatible only with OLCE2. A difference compared to the 1.2.7 is that the zoom no longer is there. 2 fixed zooms: One for obs-scope & one for attack scope that contains the AOB/Range/Speed-finder. BUT this is a sacrifice to get higher realism since in the GUI-Special the waves will hide the target in rough weather now. => a bit harder to aim for sure!!!:lol:

On the downside of things this fact makes the attack disc harder to use since the magnification in the attack scope is low and thus you must get closer to get good readings in order to determine the AOB properly....:huh:

The GUI 1.7.2 still have the zoom/magnification but requires the use of the "double mast tool" + you miss the wave-effect.....:|\\

OLC:s tutorials are all based on the 1.7.2 but the principle of use is the same.

I will try to install the OLCE2 over GWX3 + the GUI-Special and see how it works (or not:hmm: )

/OB

Lanzfeld
01-28-09, 10:09 AM
A little clarification for GOZO:

You can use the GUI Special with GWX 3.0 just fine and you do not need OLC2 because GWX 3.0 is pretty much the same thing as OLC2 with a few tweeks.

Nimmo55
01-29-09, 03:04 AM
Ok...tha's pretty clear. Just to be absolutely sure...the special LOC GUI I use the SAME way the 1.2.7 GUI? Right? No difference? Just the need to get closer due to the smaller magnification? I got that right?

Thanks for all who contributed in reply; makes a huge difference the support around here...

Nimmo55 :D

GOZO
01-29-09, 09:15 AM
A little clarification for GOZO:

You can use the GUI Special with GWX 3.0 just fine and you do not need OLC2 because GWX 3.0 is pretty much the same thing as OLC2 with a few tweeks.

Ok. Even better!!! Thanks for the update matey!!:up:

/OB