PDA

View Full Version : New Orders

robbythesub
01-27-09, 04:32 PM
With various versions of the game installed and running well, ie GWX 3.0, WAC and U Boat 1.2, I have a question.

When one starts a career, one receives orders to patrol a grid for 24 hours, and then during the patrol (sometimes before reaching the patrol grid), one receives a radio message to both oneself and sometimes all subs at sea to concentrate in a particular area due to either a convoy, or a known large event there.

My question is, do you follow these new radio orders instead of the starting orders, and if so, does your renown suffer if you then cant complete the previous order?

It would be great if your renown was awarded according to changes of orders wouldnt it?

Thanks all :arrgh!:

Weiss Pinguin
01-27-09, 05:17 PM
Most radio messages are just for atmosphere. If you want you can head to the mentioned area, but most likely you won't run into anything aside from ships randomly passing through.

Also, any messages that mention your particular U-boat number are just coincidental. (If that's the right word...) They're just the historical radio messages sent to that submarine, and included ingame.

Some events mentioned, however, especially well-known events (Invasion of Norway, D-Day, etc), are be scripted ingame, and you can head that way and check things out if you recieve messages informing you of them.

robbythesub
01-27-09, 05:28 PM
Thanks- I did so during the Norway campaign but as yet not seen much of a battle.

The exception to this is WAC where battles are scripted in very well indeed.

:up:

Faamecanic
01-27-09, 07:07 PM
Thanks- I did so during the Norway campaign but as yet not seen much of a battle.

The exception to this is WAC where battles are scripted in very well indeed.

If you head to Norway (Vaag fjord) around April 12 - 15, 1941 you will see some NICELY scripted ships (German coming in to invade, then British taskforces on counter attack.....you will wish you had 50 torpedos :hmm: )

robbythesub
01-28-09, 03:55 AM
Thanks- is that with WAC, GWX or U Boat 2?