PDA

View Full Version : trigger maru question ?

Lt commander lare
01-27-09, 10:46 AM
hello i was wondering this is my first campaign playing with triger maru loaded i have always played stock for rsrdc and i was just wondering what does raising the sd mast do in the game while im at periscope depth or is rasing it just for fun or does it actually do something in the game by the way i see why trigger maru was voted best mod great job ducimus

lt commander lare

Rockin Robbins
01-27-09, 12:40 PM
If you are at periscope depth you can use the radar to spot airplanes before you surface. Or you could put a man on it and he could knock three times if he sees a plane!:yep:

banjo
01-27-09, 01:46 PM
Also, if you have the mast raised and the a/c is headed straight for you, lower the mast. I have had them spot it and attack me.

LukeFF
01-27-09, 09:20 PM
whatwasthequestionheaskedicouldntunderstandwhathew rotebecausehisgrammarandpuctuationsucks

vanjast
01-28-09, 01:16 PM
It's the grammar school's fault... :|\\

Lt commander lare
01-28-09, 01:25 PM
sorry guys i apologize for the grammar and punctuation stuff im just ok at typing please just put up with me if you can i am a great submarine commander but terrible on grammar

lt commander lare

Soundman
01-28-09, 06:46 PM
sorry guys i apologize for the grammar and punctuation stuff im just ok at typing please just put up with me if you can i am a great submarine commander but terrible on grammar

lt commander lare

Hey, I've been there. I still have to look a the keyboard to type, but the more you do it, the better you will get. After a while, you just know instictively where the keys are and things will improve. Just try to put a comma where you would naturally pause when when speaking and put a period at the end of a sentence. Hang in there!:up:

Lt commander lare
01-28-09, 06:48 PM
thanks and how many destroyers do you count soundman.

lt commander lare

Soundman
01-28-09, 07:57 PM
thanks and how many destroyers do you count soundman.

lt commander lare

? :hmm: Forgive me, I don't understand the question. [Felt like a breeze just went over my head]

ReallyDedPoet
01-28-09, 08:03 PM

lt commander lare
Hey, I've been there. I still have to look a the keyboard to type, but the more you do it, the better you will get. After a while, you just know instictively where the keys are and things will improve. Just try to put a comma where you would naturally pause when when speaking and put a period at the end of a sentence. Hang in there!:up:

Nice post SM.

You'll get it lt commander lare, just keep working at it. Anyway, you've got a few months before the first annual SUBSIM Grammar Competition :lol::lol:

RDP

Lt commander lare
01-28-09, 08:09 PM
hey soundman i was reffering to cary grant in destination tokyo your screen name says soundman and cary grant says how many destroyers do you counto now soundman

lt commander lare

Soundman
01-28-09, 08:32 PM
Ah Ha! Ok..Actually I have used "Soundman" for a long time. It just happens to fit this "Sub" forum well. I made my living as a Sound Engineer for 20 years, therefore, the name.

Lt commander lare
01-28-09, 08:36 PM
hey soundman do you know how to add the buttons to the bulkhead of the conning tower not the orders bar ducimus has it installed in trigger maru and you touch the button on the bulkhead and it sounds the general alarm. And if you touch it again it deactivates it but i dont know how to mod it in the game i have never modded stuff before but i would like to try it

lt commander lare

Soundman
01-28-09, 08:47 PM
I've done only a little bit of modding with "ini" files and have fiddled just a bit with textures and textures still tend to get a bit deep for me at this point, so no, I can't really help you there. The best advice I can give is to use "C" for crash dive. :lol: What you want to do is WAY over my head.