PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] U-boat Armaments Mod

Dietrich
01-27-09, 06:31 AM
The U-boat Armaments Mod revises the available tube-launched weaponry of U-boats in GWX/SH3. It removes some torpedoes that were not used historically and replaces them with some that were. It also includes SMA mines, which can be launched by the player. Thanks go to everyone who has helped on this project, especially to Mikhayl and the members of the 17.Flottille online group. However, I also wish to thank everyone here at SUBSIM.COM for their comments and suggestions. Note: This has been tested on GWX-2.1 and GWX-3.0. The files are available from my filefront page.

Rubini
01-27-09, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all your effort Dietrich!
I know very well as these things are so interesting and challenge for the modder, holds our attention...and all our free time!:D

Very good idea, will be a terrific mod mate!:rock:

nikbear
01-27-09, 10:56 AM
A very interesting mod idea:hmm::up:

Awful Smutje
01-27-09, 11:28 AM
Hey, this is what I've waited for!

I really like the idea to drop some mines from my back tubes while diving after a convoi attack. :up:

The SMA was only used by mine-layers, wasn't it? I've read that the "Schachtmine", wich was used by the minelayers, were 5 in one slot, wich are launched together. Is this possible in the mod? Or is it bound to the one torpedo per tube limitation?

I've read also, that these minelayers were nearly unnessesary (just 6 Type VII D and 8 Type X B were build), because of the development of new mines, wich could be stored and launched in/from a torpedo tube. There were two mines per tube. Would this be possible, too?

bigboywooly
01-27-09, 11:35 AM
Look forward to this Dietrich
Proper working mines are long overdue

magicsub2
01-27-09, 05:31 PM
vii could hold about 60 mines (instead of torpedos).

how about adding a few extra torpedo tubes? they could hold mines......

but can you make them face up or down or whatever way you want them to?:hmm:

i think their is a limit of torpedo tubes though, it might only go up to 8, but say you are using viid (mine laying boat), you can have the 5 normal tubes, 4 front, 1 back and have 2 other tubes at the sides. thier where u boats that where lined with mine shafts (as in the exploding thing). so if you want to make one of those boats it would be just to add 8 mine shafts along the sides, but no torpedo holes (forgot the proper term!) oh yeah tubes...........:rotfl:

VikingGrandad
01-27-09, 06:20 PM
Great stuff! :D

I never knew some of SH3's torps weren't used historically.

How do the mines work in the game with regard to scoring renown points for sinking ships? i.e. if a player lays a minefield and sails away from the area, will they get renown for ships that hit a mine - or does the player have to wait nearby (within 30km?) for ships to hit the mines to get the renown points? If that's the case, then I guess the way to use them will be to lay them in the predicted path of an oncoming convoy?

VikingGrandad
01-27-09, 06:24 PM
Forgot to ask: would it be possible to post a copy of the readme file in advance of releasing the mod? I'd be very interested to read through it.

VikingGrandad
01-27-09, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the info Dietrich :up:

Sorry, I missed the link to the mod in your original post! Spotted it now and will download imminently...

TarJak
01-27-09, 08:38 PM
Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.:up:

magicsub2
01-27-09, 09:37 PM
can you play with mines (lool) in a multiplayer game with yourself the only one with the mod??

Sepp von Ch.
10-10-11, 12:45 PM
Where can I ind this interesting mod please?

frau kaleun
10-10-11, 02:06 PM
Where can I ind this interesting mod please?

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS

username: Maik
password: Woelfe

Look for DIETRICH, the modder's name, in the list. And bookmark that site and make a note of the login info, you'll be glad you did. :up:

Sepp von Ch.
10-10-11, 02:15 PM
Merci beaucoup Frau Kaleun!:up:

frau kaleun
10-10-11, 02:18 PM
De rien, mon ami!

VONHARRIS
10-12-11, 10:53 AM
This mod looks very promising.
Procceding to download.
Thank you.:up: