PDA

View Full Version : radio messages and time compression

Keelbuster
01-26-09, 01:34 PM
Anyone know how to stop radio messages from dropping TC to 1x?

bigboywooly
01-26-09, 01:39 PM
Adjust via SH3commander
When receive radio report

Keelbuster
01-26-09, 01:42 PM
Duhhh...I should have checked that. Thx. Wilco when back to port.

Weiss Pinguin
01-26-09, 01:44 PM
I'm assuming the 'When receive radio report' option is the one to change. :hmm:

bigboywooly
01-26-09, 01:59 PM
I'm assuming the 'When receive radio report' option is the one to change. :hmm:

Hmmmm though that may be when receive map radio report as mine is set to 8
Messages go to 1

Main cfg gives RadioReport=8
Nowhere to alter for incoming messages :oops:
Oops

Weiss Pinguin
01-26-09, 02:10 PM
Hmm... Just incase I've set Max TC for incoming reports to 1024.

Would be nice if we could get rid of the TC drop for radio messages, bugs the crap out of me when I'm trying to cross the atlantic at x256/512 and people keep spamming SOS's and tonnage reports :lol:

Keelbuster
01-26-09, 03:08 PM
Ok...yea - I need a spam-filter for the same reason. Radio messages just aren't that vital that they need a TC drop. I just sit back and read them when i've got 3 minutes and 15 seconds to spare. Radio reports, etc, for convoys/contacts should drop TC because that is vital, time-sensitive tactical info.

Weiss Pinguin
01-26-09, 04:38 PM
Perhaps we could get some of our top codebreakers to look into this... :hmm:

Keelbuster
01-27-09, 09:42 AM
Nudge...

danurve
01-27-09, 09:57 AM
This is the deal; the game treats the radio messages - as in not the contact reports as a real time setting. So this means in Commander to adjust / increase T/C for radio messages you have to increase you real time setting. This will also affect any other real-time settings. Sucks I know, but hey don't blame me.

Side note, this is the reason I released the daily-double versions of RL_E. Which limit the radio msg's sent to twice a day. But even if you don't use the mod with a good text editor like TextPad you can whip up a macro and change your messages text file.

Also note In Commander I think the 'real-time' setting for t/c is the fist one in the list, sorry not at my home machine at the moment.

Weiss Pinguin
01-27-09, 12:58 PM
So... What would changing the real-time setting do, exactly, gameplay wise? :hmm:

StarLion45
01-27-09, 11:19 PM
:o :o Huh !?! :o :o

What " TC " means :o :hmm:

Sorry for that stupid question :oops:
I don't know hwat that means:-?

Weiss Pinguin
01-28-09, 01:10 PM
Time Compression :up:

Faamecanic
01-28-09, 02:14 PM
Ya...what Penguin said...

Note Penguin... everytime I read your forum name I get THIRSTY for some Tucher Krystal Klar :)