PDA

View Full Version : U-boat 88mm HE shell strength.

SpeedyPC
01-25-09, 02:23 AM
Guys,

What the name of the file to increase the u-boat 88mm HE shell strength so my young nephew can enjoy the game a little bit better, that way when here fully understand and how the play the game I will set everything back to normal.

Thank you.

NGT
01-25-09, 06:53 AM
The name is Shells.zon and is located inside Library folder.

You need MiniTweaker or S3D or hex editor. . .

bobchase
01-25-09, 08:30 PM
Guys,

What the name of the file to increase the u-boat 88mm HE shell strength so my young nephew can enjoy the game a little bit better, that way when here fully understand and how the play the game I will set everything back to normal.

Thank you.

To amplify on what NGT said, you need MiniTweeker to modify the Shells.zon file that is located in your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter III\data\library folder.

With MiniTweaker, you load the shells_zon.txt file, and the shell you want to change is #35. MinEF the minimum damge done by the shell, maxEF is the max damage, minRadius is the minimum hole it will make, and MaxRadius is the largest hole it will make. The stock shell's numbers are 10, 20, 1, and 3 respectively while a stock torpedo numbers are 120, 250, 3, and 10 respectively.

As it seems that you have not done this before so I have uploaded a modified shells.zon file at http://hosted.filefront.com/bobchase/ (http://hosted.filefront.com/bobchase/)</B>

You should backup your backup you shells.zon file by copying it somewhere safe. If you download the modified file, extract the modified_shells.zon file, place it in your library folder, then rename it to shells.zon, your 88's will hit like a torpedoes and your nephew will have some fun.

Bob

SpeedyPC
01-25-09, 11:27 PM
bobchase,

I open the Shells.zon file and my :o just poped out and their are too many, scratching my head which is which section. Until I came back here and saw your reply post....Phew! downloading your file now :up:

I don't want my nephew sinking the ships to fast using the shells maybe about 6 hits with the HE 88mm shell should be find, and you say number 35 in the shells.zon to the modified file correct number 35.

NGT
01-26-09, 10:37 AM
Hi,

IMHO, this number is not always correct, it depends who tweaked the Shells.zon and what he did inside.

I have the impression, with reserve, that the correct number for GWX is 31 for High Explosive 88mm shells.:hmm:

For this reason the best is MiniTweaker because you can see the name of the shell BUT if somebody tweaked this file using S3D you can't any more use MiniTweaker, it gives wrong numbers.

I permit me to suggest you make trial one time with 35, and if no result, try my number, the 31. After, you can communicate us who has had the lucky number. :smug:

You need at least minimum 50 for MinEF if you want sinking with 6 shells.

Thank you.

Contact
01-26-09, 10:54 AM
We had special: kids mod for GWX haven't we ?