PDA

View Full Version : Faint verticle lines in view scenes

Reece
01-20-09, 09:29 PM
Wether viewing through periscope or from conning tower etc when it's around dusk there is always faint verticle lines just off center to the right, as you pan around they are constantly in the 1 spot, like the screen is dirty, has anyone else noticed this, I'm not sure if this is tied in with "Light Fog", can this filter be removed?:-?

Reece
01-21-09, 06:25 AM
Here's something weird, if I take a snapshot the picture is clean:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/shot1232514884.jpg
but if I take a camera snapshot you can see the "Dirty" marks:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/100_6127.jpg
See the vertical lines above the uzo, it is definitely not the screen, wonder if this only happens to CRT monitors?:-?

Hellraiser
01-21-09, 09:59 AM
That looks like a monitor issue.

I've never seen such a thing in-game on my monitor, which is an LCD.

A perfect excuse to go & get a new one!:up:

Graf Paper
01-22-09, 08:00 AM
Yep. Definitely a monitor issue.

Make sure your resolution and refrsh rates are not exceeding the monitor's specs. The most common mistake people make is assuming you can use the max resolution and the max refesh rate together. This causes overheating and damage to the monitor, leaving permanent defects in the picture or burning the monitor out completely. Check your manufacturer's manual for the recommended refresh rates to use with a given resolution.

It could be you've got a loose connection there or it may just be the monitor is either aging or defective ( you did not mention how old this monitor is or if it is CRT or LCD ).

Those types of image defects are not uncommon with older LCD monitors. If it is a CRT, then something has gone wacked with the vertical deflection and you're getting some parallax in the scan lines.

Hope this helps narrow it down for you. ;)

Reece
01-22-09, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys, once my new LCD arrives I will check it out.:yep: