PDA

View Full Version : MODS for TMA and PLOTTING ???

scott613
01-19-09, 12:48 PM
All,

As a submariner from back in the 80's - my battle station watch was to run the "GeoPlot"... This was the master plot that all sensor and other plots fed into... It's purpose was to manually generate a firing solution independent of the MK-117 Fire Control system and graphically present it to the "Con"... LOL - most times the CO woulld fire weapons based on the "GeoPlot" solution - if it varied from the MK-117...

We were capable of generating a failry accurate - "good enough for a 48" - solution from bearing only data... With bearings to a contact - speed strips - and - a few different legs we could calculate a course - range - and - speed of a given contact...

I guess my first question would be - did WWII boats use similiar methods we use today ???

My second - are there any mods to address some of the shortcommings in the plotting capability of SH4 ???

We need things that a crew member on the plot would do for us like...

DR own ships movement...
As information is gathered - there should be a way to have it automatically annotated on the plot...
For example - if the guy on the scope "marks" a bearing to a contact - that line should appear on the plot...
If he also gives a range based on the stadimeter - then a range and a bearing should also appear...
We really need time stamps on the annotations to make sense of anything...

I guess this is just a wish list for SHV...
:)

I am currently using RFB and RSRD...

Thanks,
Scott
ET1/SS
USS Flasher (SSN-613)
1985-1991

Hitman
01-19-09, 04:17 PM
I did this little help long ago: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138514

Unfortunately, if you change screen aspect ratio from 4:3 to any other, it will no longer be accurate :damn:

lurker_hlb3
01-19-09, 10:15 PM
All,

As a submariner from back in the 80's - my battle station watch was to run the "GeoPlot"... This was the master plot that all sensor and other plots fed into... It's purpose was to manually generate a firing solution independent of the MK-117 Fire Control system and graphically present it to the "Con"... LOL - most times the CO woulld fire weapons based on the "GeoPlot" solution - if it varied from the MK-117...

We were capable of generating a failry accurate - "good enough for a 48" - solution from bearing only data... With bearings to a contact - speed strips - and - a few different legs we could calculate a course - range - and - speed of a given contact...

I guess my first question would be - did WWII boats use similiar methods we use today ???

My second - are there any mods to address some of the shortcommings in the plotting capability of SH4 ???

We need things that a crew member on the plot would do for us like...

DR own ships movement...
As information is gathered - there should be a way to have it automatically annotated on the plot...
For example - if the guy on the scope "marks" a bearing to a contact - that line should appear on the plot...
If he also gives a range based on the stadimeter - then a range and a bearing should also appear...
We really need time stamps on the annotations to make sense of anything...

I guess this is just a wish list for SHV...
:)

I am currently using RFB and RSRD...

Thanks,
Scott
ET1/SS
USS Flasher (SSN-613)
1985-1991

Strongly recommended

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116572

upgrade here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=116572

scott613
01-20-09, 07:42 AM
Awesome - these mods look good from what I read - I will definately give them a try... I'm kind of new at SH4 - so thanks for the help !!!

Thanks,
Scott
ET1/SS
USS Flasher (SSN-613)
1985-1991