PDA

View Full Version : Re-release Of Interior And Dive Sounds

von hally
01-19-09, 12:32 PM
Lo all

SSConvert was looking for the following small mod i made to the sound files that filefront had removed for some reason-so im in the process of uploading them again incase anyone might have missed them first time round and would like a peek

the following is from the original post i wrote a few months back:

i was getting a little bored of the quiet sub-interior sound during my long patrols.

i was thinking a u-boat..being so small ..would bounce internal sound through the boat (engines for instance) so...

i decided to make my own using various other sound files out there and have been using this for a while.

this interior gives the sub a mutch more " industrial" sound. by that i mean a steady louder "humm" going on in the background....to simulate the engines and general noise. ive added some creaks, background talking (occasionaly), and general movement sounds around the boat.

the constant sound though.... is the background "hum". its in my imagination a more mechanical feel to the boat....its certainly more busier than the default sound.

ive also added a dive sequence sound.
its not mutch different to any other..just a mix of a few i like.

only prob is the interor sound is around 50mb...as its 8mins long... so if your happy with yours then why bother.

secondly..if you do try it...please make a backup of your sh3/data/sound/submarineinterior.wav
/dive sequence.wav

i say this as i think some kaleuns may find it infuriating!!!!..it may not be their thing!!!

it was guys like Sailor steve-Phil Thomsen-and Reece that got me looking at the sound side of things..so a big thank you to them!!!

its not a mod...so these arent credits...just a big thanks to their work...salute!!

pop them in ubisoft/sh3/data/sound folder

please make a backup of your two files.

if anyones got an idea to expand on it then im happy as a pig in S***

im no sound modder..there may be hiccups:rock:

look for interior dive sound file at the link below

(it may be half an hour or so till its there)

evan82
01-19-09, 01:02 PM
Lo all

SSConvert was looking for the following small mod i made to the sound files that filefront had removed for some reason-so im in the process of uploading them again i
Yes I know this feeling and I hate FileFront too for this. I must upload the same file third time sometimes. Others don't. Strange?

Well. Im always interesting in the sounds mod's. I like to search for one, two sounds.
After this another sound, but good. I will check Your sounds with pleasure as soon as I be abble to download these from File Front:up:.

evan82
01-19-09, 01:31 PM
Interior sound is good, [but what about a little clearing this sound?] But dive sequence is not a standart wave format.:yep:

von hally
01-19-09, 01:49 PM
dive sequence is ok on my end mate

as i said above,you can tweek it any way you like to suit yourself mate

just thought id rerelease incase anyone else is bored with the silent interior.

evan82
01-19-09, 02:20 PM
dive sequence is ok on my end mate

as i said above,you can tweek it any way you like to suit yourself mate

just thought id rerelease incase anyone else is bored with the silent interior.

Yes. Is because of my language skills. I simply misunderstand You.:yep:

FIREWALL
01-19-09, 02:28 PM
Thx von hally :up:

von hally
01-19-09, 02:32 PM
Thx von hally :up:

your very welcome mate

its an old mix,, looks like some of you missed it first time round!!!

i thought it would get a bit annoying after a while, but i must say i like it.

im quite happy with the dive sequence too...just a mix of a couple that were doing the rounds:up:

ssconvert
01-19-09, 05:38 PM
Many thx Hally, for the heads up on the message.
To me sound is absolutely important as it adds to the immersion so Im always on the look out for sound files to test. At the moment I've configured my sound files to use a mix of GWX, Thommo's sound pack and various others. Always testing to see if one is more immersive than the other.
I'm now using both of your files. The GWX dive sequence was very good but yours is slightly better as it goes for 31 secs, like the time it takes to actually dive.
Thommo's amb sound was brilliant because it combined all the chatter, clutter, engine noise etc very well but the problem i had with it was that some of the talking was taken from Das Boot and one part of the loop included the depth charges going off in the distance. So I didn't like this one aspect of it because you shouldnt be hearing that unless it is happening. I know there is a no talking version but I want the german chatter. Your amb sound addresses this thankfully so in my opinion definately worth using.

Again many thx...........................
Oh Scotland Forever.....................

von hally
01-21-09, 11:50 AM
glad you liked it mate

veriety is the spice of life an all that!!

Scotland Forever indeed:up: