PDA

View Full Version : Of all things, Problem with the WATER!!!!

U-48Kriegsmarine
01-17-09, 12:24 PM
I have a brand-spankin new computer, and I got SH3 Running just fine on it, but ounce I applied all my mods (Water Stream, 16km environment, etc.) I started getting "Shaky and Twitchy Water" Around the Vessels and land. (And everything else that "Sits" in the water). If you have had this problem, you would know what I mean, the waterline on everything is NOT smooth, its all "twitchy". Thats the best way I can describe it. I think it MAY be the water stream mod doing it, but thats just a hunch. Any Help? PLEASE!!!!!

EDIT: Well, it isn't any of the mods, and it must be my pc, because I completely uninstalled everything, and I still have the problem with stock SH3.

Here's my specs: Its an HP Persario Compaq Laptop
Athlon AMD Processor - 1.90ghz
1.7g RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8200g (A modified version, no drivers on nvidia site, said that I would have to get the updated drivers from HP, but I can;t figure the HP site out).

NOTE: the SH3 Detetion tool says that I have inatiquit CPU frequency, THIS MAY BE MY PROBLEM! is their a way to fix this?

Contact
01-17-09, 12:38 PM
Update your video cards drivers and make sure latest directx for your card is installed too

robbythesub
01-17-09, 12:46 PM
What spec is your pc, ie card, processor and ram?

U-48Kriegsmarine
01-17-09, 01:24 PM
It can;t be my pc, the water functions properly with the stock SH3. Anyway... I have

2gb Ram
Nvidia Gforce Graphics
Dual Core Processor (i think its an intel)
Well, All i know is, its enough to run COH on Highest Settings, and Run World In conflict.

This leads me to believe that its not so much the hardware, but the software.

I'll Try disabling Water Stream, C if that helps

robbythesub
01-17-09, 02:16 PM
GWX is much more memory intensive than the stock game and you may be a little light on RAM at 2gb, which will account for the jumping of the sea.
I had this problem on one of my machines when playing war ace campaign, and when I updated the RAM to 3gb it went away.

Ideally you need at least 2.4 GZ processor too, which it sounds like you have.

If you cant clear the fault by updating graphics card drivers etc, then RAM is cheap and easy to slot in for the benfit it will give you on this game.
:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
01-17-09, 02:31 PM
2GB (which is what I have) should be sufficient to run the GWX3.0 mod....some of the GW tested it on 1GB without any problems.

Disable the water stream mod and see if there is any difference.

bigboywooly
01-17-09, 05:38 PM
do you mean like twinkling on the horizon
Like lil white lights rolling from one side to the other ???

U-48Kriegsmarine
01-17-09, 05:54 PM
Yes, I have that problem as well, little blinking white lines on the horizon and the water. But mainly, I'm annoyed with the twitching water around the waterline of everything.

I tried disabling Water Stream, and 16km Environment (the only 2 mods enabled that I think would change the water). But to no avail.

What is the best way to update your drivers? A few people have suggested that I do this, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. Should I update my Graphics? I have an Nvidia 8000g, but I didn;t se this model listed in the Nvidia site, and Its a new computer.

Thanks for the help, I finally got all the mods and stuff set up, and this bull happens:damn::damn::damn::damn:

Thanks Again:up:

bigboywooly
01-17-09, 06:54 PM
Yeah I get it too
Someone else did suggest lowering AA\AF settings
Mine are maxed out
TBH not tried that yet

U-48Kriegsmarine
01-18-09, 02:50 AM
What do you mean by lowering the AA/AF settings?

bybyx
01-18-09, 03:24 AM
Hello U48Kriegsmarine could you please post a more detailed description of your PC?
What is your OS? (vista or Xp)
CPU?
RAM quantity and frequency?
Video Card generation, like Gforce 9, 260, 265?, driver version? and DirectX version.
If your not sure and you have Windows XP installed go to Start-run-type dxdiag-enter and a window will appear telling you info about your pc. You can also right-click on My computer icon then Properties and a window will appear and you can find info there. For your video card right click on your screen then Properties-Settings-Advanced an there you should have tabs linking to your video card settings or when you Rightclick on your screen, on the window that appears there should be a link to you Nvidia driver settings.
If your Os is genuine then you should update to the latest fixes and software. Usually Windows update can do that.

U-48Kriegsmarine
01-18-09, 01:53 PM
Ok, here are My specs:

AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-60 1.90 Ghz

1.7gb RAM

Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)

Nvvidia GeDorce 8200g (Can't find updated drivers from nvidia, its a modified version from HP)

Dirext x video card v8 (not sure, its the most recent one)

PLENTY OF DISK SPACE (like an extra 80gb still left from 140gb)

Thanks, Any help is appriciated! :up:

StarLion45
01-18-09, 02:25 PM
:D Hi everyone :D

Regarding AA/AF settings .

I have NVIDIA8600GT 512mb ram gaphicscard ,
and I have the latest driver from NVIDIA " 181.20 " , and I use " NHancer ":yep:

I will test it out by lowering the "NHancer " AA ( Anti-Aliasing)
settings from :

" MultiSampling " 4x , down to 2x .

And AF - ( Anisotropic Filtering ) from 16x , down to 8x .
To see if that helps to get rid of that problem :yep:

bybyx
01-19-09, 04:51 AM
Hello U48Kriegsmarine.

From what I've seen my guess is your video card is the culprit. Rendering water is not an easy task.
Regarding your laptop I would strongly advice to install windows Xp, if you can find drivers for Xp at HP. I have an Acer 5920G laptop that came preinstalled with Vista Home premium. Needless to say, the next day after searching the web and downloading drivers I installed XP. Why? Because Vista is a crappy OS. It needs a lot of horse power from a pc or laptop,and is eating ram for breakfast. For example when I had Vista installed the os and its background programs needed around 700mb of ram while with XP only around 300-350mb are needed. Also keep in mind that on Vista games are running slower than on Xp.
To get back to bussines now. You need to make sure your video card drivers are up to date and directX version also. The link below is for directX:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=886acb56-c91a-4a8e-8bb8-9f20f1244a8e&DisplayLang=en
What is your laptop complete designation? Tell me, maybe I can help. It will be easy to find video card drivers at HP. I had the same problem finding drivers for my laptop video card. It has a Nvidia 8600GS mobile and the drivers from Nvidia's site did not work, only those from Acer's site wich is bad because you can't update video card drivers, wich generally improves performance.
Another piece of advice is to buy yourself a PC for playing games. I know is very hard in these dark times but if you can do it and use your laptop only for wath was meant to be use: mobility. You don't have to spend a fortune on a gaming rig. From your signature I can see that you are from Georgia. Is that Georgia from USA or Georgia the country from Europe? Because if you are from USA you are lucky. The prices there on pc components are a lot lower that in Europe. You just have to know what you want.