PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Single Missions Campaign Pack - The first mission!

Rubini
01-17-09, 12:10 AM
Moderators: this is not only a single mission. It have modded files and itīs just the first part of a major mod. Please maintain it here until we have more feedbacks. Thanks!:up:
================================================== =
January 18, 2008
Single Missions Campaign Pack
First Complete Mission - File estructure and initial idea
Mod by Rubini.
==================================
From the readme:

November 1939 U-56 SM directions.
===========================
At first the credits:
-Dirk Rijmenants, the Enigma Simulator author. http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants, a very interesting site for anyone interested in EM.
-Alain Capt aka ACsoft, the firts one to built a SM for Sh3 using the Enigma machine and others concepts presented here.
-GWX team, this mod will be based on GWX 3.0 campaign

1.Advices:
-This mod was tested using GWX2.1 and GWX3.0 with 8km environments, but must work also on 16km.
-The dinamic campaign continues to run on the back ground; this is an open ended Single Mission, so you can continue hunting in the end if you really yet want it after complete the mission.
-JSGME compatible
-The mod provide the Enigma Simulator wich is essential to play the mission. You will receive radio messages codified with Enigma machine like real kaleuns. This is freeware, please visit the official page http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants to get more info and also to motivate itīs author. There you will also find a very good info and help about the Enigma machine.
-Then, install the Enigma Simulator for first (look for EnigmaSim.zip file).
-Follow the BDU orders without so much distraction to complete the mission correctly. SH3 MEditor is very limited and problems could appears if you reenter trigger zones or just goes to slow or to fast (about time). This is why we spent so much time to adjust a SM like this one.
-After install the mod you will see a "Classified Documents" folder under your SM folder that have a zipped file...well, the password is encrypted in one of the Enigma messages that you will receive. Look for it, these classified documents are also essential to complete the mission...

2.Mod content
-Data\menu\en_menu.txt from GWX3.0: only one modification, line 4197=Message received. Continue your patrol as ordered. Important messages will be sent as needed. Good hunting.

-Data\SingleMissions\English\00_SMCP_NOV_1939_U56.m is the single mission itself and the CODEBOOK - 39 1939 11.txt, see "Tips" below.
...\Classified_documents\Classsified_documents.zip the encoded documents, see "Advices" above

-Enigma folder that have the Enigma Machine Simulator to be installed

-optional folder with an adjusted Campaign_SCR.mis file from GWX3.0: HN3 convoy radio contact frequency/probabilities and some traffic adjust on the mission route. It's not essencial, but will be more difficult to hunt this convoy used on the mission if you donīt adjust itīs radio contact frequency/probabilities . I used 480 minutes/80% for this mission. If you have another SCR in use you can adjust it yourself with these values. ( tip usefull for GWX2.1 users or modified GWX3.0 SCR users).

3.Tips
- The password to open the Classified documents is in caps lock, exactly as you will receive it.
- Is obviously necessary to set up the Enigma Machine(EM) before decode anything as in real life. Take a look below and also read the help page from Enigma Machine Simulator.
- Look for the CODEBOOK - 39 1939 11.txt file, in the mission folder, which have the codes to setup the EM.
- If you run SH3 in full screen then is needed to Alt+tab to use the enigma machine, so take note of the message in a paper.

3.How to setup the Enigma Machine
- read the readme inside and also look here
http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/enigmahelp.htm
Itīs essential that you learn how to manage the Enigam MAchine prior to start the mission.

4. Read the next post where I explaim better the entire mod idea!

Links:
http://rapidshare.com/files/184725433/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z (http://rapidshare.com/files/184725433/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntyh2zm12o2/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntyh2zm12o2/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z)

Rubini.

Rubini
01-17-09, 12:10 AM
Mod idea and proposal

-This mod raised from an old wish to have a more challenge and variable campaign for SH3...like the game must be since the release. As the normal Campaign game don't allow anything more than "patrol grid for 24hrs", without any other major interaction, the unique possible solution to try to increase the game interaction is using SingleMissions . Normally the stock SM are also very bored because they start near a convoy/objective where you just must fire some torpedos and it's done. It's also true that the Mission Editor have not so much to play with, in truth it's very limited when compared to ME from others games.
Anyway a well made SM can drible some of these limitations and present us to a really interesting, interactive and challenge situations.

-The mod will be composed by a bunch of Single Missions wich will cover all WWII war, with 2 or 3 missions per year, covering the majority of uboat types and flotillas. These missions will be interconnected when possible, sometimes in an immediate sequence. It will be very appropriate when you revisit SH3 after some time - you will have the chance to see all SH3 glorious world in 10 or 12 missions without need to play all that long and sometimes bored stock campaign again. Itīs, at least, one more choice to play Sh3.

- I always had in mind to not script these missions so much and maintain an opened end, making the objectives not really obligatory (your mission will not suddenly end if you fail...as in real life you will just must explain the fail for BDU later...LOL). So, you can just go ahead and hunt for ships...but the best is to leave this after complete the objectives, just because they are very interesting and different from a regular SH3 campaign game. Well, this is why you will play these missions, no? ;)

The main features among others are
1. Enigma machine necessary to open all classified messages during the missions,
2. Radio messages that really means something to the mission/context.
3. Dinamic orders that can change during the mission
4. Classified documents that have important info to complete some objectives
5. Missons start and end in base
6. Secret/recon mission allowed
7. Some missions in an immediate sequence, for a more variable really "big"mission
8. All the Sh3 world goodies like icebergs, dolphins, whales, wrecks will be meet during the missions.
9. Open ended missions; after complete the mission you can freely hunt if you wish.The Dinamic Campaign continues on the background.

- A lot of work and tests are necessary to make just one SM like these. So, a formed team could be very good. Three our four ppl that have some ME knowledge and a big amount of criativity and historical flavour will be enough. If this just ends on me, well, perhaps before SH5 we will have a half of the mod ready... :)

Limitations &knowing bugs:
- You can save the mission as you do in the normal campaign, but note that all stock save bugs are present here too: the scripted units will lost their waypoints if they are near your uboat when you saved the game. Also multiple save /reload cycles could affect the weather system in SH3.
- The main usefull trigger in the SH3 mission editor is the Reach Zone, the others are too arcadish or are bugged, so they are used just in some few situations. So, these SM uses the Reach Zones trigger a lot. The main problem is that if you run the mission in the wrong (opposite) direction or return using the exactly same route you probably will see the same messages again, etc. Try to follow the directions correctly during the mission and all will go well.

Thatīs it!
Rubini.

Task Force
01-17-09, 12:12 AM
sounds interesting.:yep:

Task Force
01-17-09, 12:47 AM
Now if I can just figure out the enigma machine. Im in business.lol

Awful Smutje
01-17-09, 12:54 AM
:up:
Sounds great!
Can't await to try it...:lurk:

StarLion45
01-17-09, 01:05 AM
:D Sounds very cool :D

I don't think Task Force gonna figure out where to push those buttons on the Enigma :lol: Maybe he send a coded message to Winston Churchill :

" Hi mr. Churchill I'm here , come and get me I'm in Grid BF13 " :lol: :p

Just joking:rotfl:

StarLion45
01-17-09, 01:08 AM
:oops: Maybe it's me that's studying the Enigma codes .:oops:

:oops: I don't know so much about those codes:oops: :oops: :o :dead: :roll: :-? :hmm:

AH_Thor
01-17-09, 01:11 AM
Very interesting but a little complicated due to Enigma management :up:

Rubini
01-17-09, 01:32 AM
I just upload again after noticed a small mistake on the files.
First post updated, please redownload it.
Sorry.:oops:
Same here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/184725433/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z

Rubini
01-17-09, 01:33 AM
Very interesting but a little complicated due to Enigma management :up:

Yes, but itīs fun and more easy than you think. Also after you learn, well, will be always the same way.:up:

LMD
01-17-09, 02:26 AM
I always had in mind to not script these missions so much and maintain an opened end, making the objectives not really obligatory (your mission will not end if you fail, as in real life you will just must explain the fail for BDU later...LOL).
Maybe some day we'll see "The fail explanation mod for BDU":rotfl: Any ideas of how should it look like?:lol:

Rubini
01-17-09, 03:05 AM
If anyone encounter any problem like wrong SM folder patrol name or doubled HN3 convoy just redownload. So sorry, Iīm in a rush to a short trip and want to release this before. I guess that all is ok now with the uploaded file.:up:

makman94
01-17-09, 04:33 AM
hello rubini , i haven't play your mission yet (but sure i will do) .as i understand with a quick reading the messages will arrived with enigma coding,right?

well , my suggestion is not to use enigma because it has fun only for the first two or three messages ,after that (when you got the picture how is done) you repeat the same procedure again and again and its only time wasting

suggestion : make an option for messages ,enigma code or not enigma

about your idea .... veeeery good !!

bye

geosub1978
01-17-09, 05:34 AM
Really intelligent!!!

Do you think that there will be any problems when adding new ships in the game?
Probably not I believe...

irish1958
01-17-09, 07:39 AM
Rubini,
You never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the mod. Will this game never be complete?

StarLion45
01-17-09, 07:55 AM
:o This game never gonna be completed:D

Kapt.Lehmann once said something like that :

As long they can't get the gamecode it never gonna complete it ;)

I think it was something like that :-? :lol:

Ktl_KUrtz
01-17-09, 10:14 AM
Do you have a mirror for this mod?:up:
I cannot get RapidShare to work (it never has for me in three years of trying!):damn:
KUrtz

nikbear
01-17-09, 04:12 PM
A wonderful idea and something that should of been in the original SH3,I will give it a blast,but not to sure on the enigma thing,lets put it this way,If I was at Bletchley Park,the war would have been a crushing defeat for the allies:doh::rotfl:http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/geno/rofl.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/spiny.gif

Rubini
01-17-09, 06:57 PM
Really intelligent!!!

Do you think that there will be any problems when adding new ships in the game?
Probably not I believe...
The mod is compatible with GWX2.1 and GWX3.0 and will not interfer with any other mod. If a mod also uses the en_menu.txt you always can adjust the line "4197=" yourself. The same for the HN3 convoy spawn rate on the SCR. Details on the first post.;)

Rubini
01-17-09, 07:06 PM
I cannot get RapidShare to work (it never has for me in three years of trying!):damn:
KUrtz
Yes, here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ntyh2zm12o2/SH3_Single_Mission_Campaign_Pack.7z

Also on the first post.:up:

bigboywooly
01-17-09, 07:54 PM
Best of luck with this one mate
Might have to have a go myself when finished all my testing

One lil thing
Was the radio reports you amended on HN 3
Not the spawn rate - as am sure you meant to say

Rubini
01-17-09, 10:31 PM
Best of luck with this one mate
Might have to have a go myself when finished all my testing

One lil thing
Was the radio reports you amended on HN 3
Not the spawn rate - as am sure you meant to say

Hi BBW!
How are you mate?

Yes, you are right. The scripted groups have slight different entries than the random ones...this was my confusion.:yep:

HN3 Values from GWX2.1/3.0:
ReportPosMin=1200
ReportPosProbability=60

Suggested values to play this mission:
ReportPosMin=480
ReportPosProbability=80

If you edit using ME these values are under
Contact automatic report (min) 480
Probability(%) 80

Anyway, i provided an already adjusted GWX 3.0 SCR under optional folder like I explained on the first post.:up:

Iīm out of Campaign edition since GWX 1.02...so, I'm not more that expert from Harbour Traffic times...:D

See you!

PS: if you have the chance to play the mission, please post yours impressions here.:up:

bigboywooly
01-18-09, 04:25 AM
Am doing good thanx mate
Hope all is well at your end too

Yep will post some feedback when get the chance to have a go

Ktl_KUrtz
01-18-09, 08:57 AM
KUrtz
Yes, here:

Thanks a lot!
A great help.
This looks to be an outstanding idea.
Do you get medals etc. for your crew if you successfuly complete the misson?
KUrtz

denis_469
01-18-09, 09:03 AM
Good idea!

makman94
01-25-09, 11:35 PM
gongratulations rubini ! very nice mission (i am still searching for that ship called....ok,ok i will not say!)
seriously ,i think is a fantastic idea ( sad that the ACS dissapear ) and i am looking forward to see this project to be completed ! i know that needs alot of efforts but i hope that anyone can help will do it ,the result will be amazing . you can count on me,i will help as much i can !

Rubini
01-26-09, 07:20 AM
gongratulations rubini ! very nice mission (i am still searching for that ship called....ok,ok i will not say!)
seriously ,i think is a fantastic idea ( sad that the ACS dissapear ) and i am looking forward to see this project to be completed ! i know that needs alot of efforts but i hope that anyone can help will do it ,the result will be amazing . you can count on me,i will help as much i can !

Thanks makman94!

It's the first feedback! I will only carry this ahead if we really have some positive comments after the ppl play the mission. I'm glad that you are playing it and find it's secrets and challenges!:up:

As until now nobody wrote a feedback I'm afraid that the mission is not so good as it was for me, I don't know.:hmm:

Anyway, I'm now working on a DasBoot mission. Yes, exactly this! You will live the same history of the movie in an doubled mission: one will go until the meet of the replenish ship at Vigo, followed by another one that will finish in La Spezia like the movie. A lot of action on it!:up:

And your help will be welcome. Can you help me finding the exactly name of the kaleuns, the dates and patrol grid, etc from the movie? (I already saw it 3 or 4 times but a long time ago).:hmm:

Rubini
01-26-09, 08:16 AM
KUrtz
Yes, here:

Thanks a lot!
A great help.
KUrtz

Sorry for the late reply mate...just now i noticed your question.

No, until now you can't play with the crew before or after the mission...but I'm looking for something in this direction.:up:

makman94
01-26-09, 09:24 AM
Thanks makman94!

It's the first feedback! I will only carry this ahead if we really have some positive comments after the ppl play the mission. I'm glad that you are playing it and find it's secrets and challenges!:up:

As until now nobody wrote a feedback I'm afraid that the mission is not so good as it was for me, I don't know.:hmm:

Anyway, I'm now working on a DasBoot mission. Yes, exactly this! You will live the same history of the movie in an doubled mission: one will go until the meet of the replenish ship at Vigo, followed by another one that will finish in La Spezia like the movie. A lot of action on it!:up:

And your help will be welcome. Can you help me finding the exactly name of the kaleuns, the dates and patrol grid, etc from the movie? (I already saw it 3 or 4 times but a long time ago).:hmm:

no rubini ,the amazing part of this project is not that we will play dasboot senario again but that we can create our own unique 'movies' .of course this depends on the imagination and talent on writing but i have a good premonition about all this.
don't worry about the community acceptance ,only a ....spark need to get on fire!

about dasboot: i am not good at historical parts but ,if all you asked are shown in the movie , i can see it once more (...this movie is everytime as first time) and get for you the infos.

i am hudling sh-editor good (haven't tried yet to add triggers or events but i am learning fast and in short time i believe i will be able to do it).so ...be patient ,the real campaign ....rising !

bye

bert8for3
01-26-09, 09:38 AM
It's the first feedback! I will only carry this ahead if we really have some positive comments after the ppl play the mission. ...

Don't give up Rubini, at least not yet, it may well be that people haven't had a chance to try it out yet. eg I still need to reinstall to GWX3.0 ... haven't had the time or the desire just yet to lose my present campaign, but expect I will do it fairly soon.

Lopo
01-26-09, 10:06 AM
[/quote] As until now nobody wrote a feedback I'm afraid that the mission is not so good as it was for me, I don't know.:hmm: [/quote]

Please, continue with your amazing plan... I'm just trying to understand Enigma before to begin the first mission.
Thanks for all.

Lopo

Ktl_KUrtz
01-26-09, 10:31 AM
KUrtz
Yes, here:

Thanks a lot!
A great help.
KUrtz

Sorry for the late reply mate...just now i noticed your question.

No, until now you can't play with the crew before or after the mission...but I'm looking for something in this direction.:up:

This is an outstanding idea!
I have played it a few times successfuly (getting Enigma codes to work) and I am really looking forward to the next one.
I understand about medals etc, as it's a SingleMission.
Excellent work!
Thanks again.
KUrtz.

Awful Smutje
01-26-09, 11:33 AM

Maybe this links can help you, Rubini:

The german Wikipedia page with a list of all german U-Boats (I've picked U-96 already, but you can easily browse to all other U-Boats from there):
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_96_(Kriegsmarine) (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_96_%28Kriegsmarine%29) (Have a look at the 7th patrol, it's the patrol from the movie.)
The list gives you infos about almost every german U-Boat from WW1 till today. You can find there infos about the patrols and almost everything. :know:
If there are some questions about the text, I'm sure you can find help with the translations here at the forum. If I can help you with the translations just ask, but I have to move at the end of the month in a new flat, so I'm very busy right now.

And here is a complete crew list at ubootwaffe.net:
http://ubootwaffe.net/crews/crews.cgi
Just type in the prefered U-Boat number (U96) and have a look at the names. (This page is in english.)

And if you need some more infos, I'm sure I can find something in my link-collection. :yep:

Rubini
01-26-09, 01:22 PM
Many thanks by the replies guys! I'm really glad that you have liked it then!

@makman94,
Yes, I agree and thanks by the support. Anyway, the Das boot mission will be one in the package for sure!:up:
So if you have some more info about the movie dates, grids, names and places will be very useful! We can talk at any time about missions&MEditor, and you are welcome to meet me in this project!:up:

@bert8for3/Lopo,
Thanks by the worlds and encouragement

@Ktl_KUrtz,
It's very good to know that you already played and liked it!

@Awful Smutje,
Thanks for the tips I will look at that places when doing the mission.

Today I learned how to modded the crew composition, so now we can adjust the crew names, rank and skills to each mission in this project.:up:

Lopo
01-27-09, 07:09 PM
Just finished this first mission... My impression? Excellent work! Decipher Enigma messages was really a true pleasure. Every time I read the message with some fear (What do they want from me now?) and I patrol for searching the damned HN 3 convoy with 1 km visibility until found it because I have orders! With such missions the game is clearly more attractive...
I cannot wait for the next! :up:

Rubini
01-27-09, 11:11 PM
Just finished this first mission... My impression? Excellent work! Decipher Enigma messages was really a true pleasure. Every time I read the message with some fear (What do they want from me now?) and I patrol for searching the damned HN 3 convoy with 1 km visibility until found it because I have orders! With such missions the game is clearly more attractive...
I cannot wait for the next! :up:

Thanks by the feedback Lopo!
Do you found the Enigma Machine so much difficult to use? I should like to listen some comments about the mission difficult level...if itīs too hard or itīs just challenge, etc...and if you approved the use of EMachine on the mission or not (due difficult level issues).:hmm:
Also what you think about the classified documents? Adds immersion or not?

Just to be sure, here some others small tips for the mission that I forgot to wrote in the first post:

1. When returning to Kiel trought canal you will receive a message that ask you to dock at Kiel Naval Base, which is the one at E-SE from your departure place (where we have more big warships docked)...when docking there you will finally will receive a big "Mission Acomplished!"

2. To return trought Kiel canal you can use the "Kiel in" waypoint Pattern (Navigation office icon). If you dont know how to use it, find the info at the GWX manual.

3. Try to listen the sonar yourself when trying to acomplish the first classified order and also when hunting the HN3 convoy...you can find/listen some interesting things. Just mark them as a unknown merchant and use your object view key...;)

4. The mission itself will send between 7-10 messages (Enigma messages included), all them have some purpose to the mission...Probably I will also add a radio message file in the next mission just to avoid confusion with the campaign messages itself...or perhaps will put a way to identify what messages are exclusive from the mission.

Cheers!
Rubini.

makman94
01-28-09, 01:34 AM
if that is ok from rubini ,i can give you a tip (cheating) to avoid typing all the letters of the message to the enigma machine

Rubini
01-28-09, 02:02 AM
if that is ok from rubini ,i can give you a tip (cheating) to avoid typing all the letters of the message to the enigma machine

Of course!
I just let them learn about the Enigma Simulator tricks by themself like a good teacher.;) But itīs already in time...go ahead!:D

makman94
01-28-09, 02:33 AM
well ,when the first enigma message come, pause the game and go to windows.
set the enigma and when all is ready to type the message:
open (with sh3-editor) the rubini's mission and click on 'mission' and then on 'events' (don't look nothing else ,not even the map,becuase this is not cheating BUT....robery!)
in the events you will find the enigma message .copy the message and then go to the enigma machine.
at the right upper corner of the machine there is a menu and there clic on 'auto typing' switch . paste the message in there an clic 'start'.

that's it !

Lopo
01-28-09, 04:44 AM
@Rubini

Do you found the Enigma Machine so much difficult to use?
- No, I don't think so... I became an "expert" after one hour thanks to the excellent enigma site and its exercices about how to use the machine.

I should like to listen some comments about the mission difficult level...if itīs too hard or itīs just challenge, etc...
- The mission isn't hard in my opinion but just more interessant to play in regard with the others because you're an officer with orders and not only a lonely grey wolf in the middle of the ocean. Find the convoy with 1 km visibility is also hard as during a campaign with the worst storm.

- The classified documents adds immersion of course, they are with the enigma messages the only inteligence during the mission.

The only thing I regret (but it's not your fault) is to get out of the game a lot of times, because with my graphic card I have after coming in again a lot of minor glitches (p.e. in the command room the maps become black)...

But it's nothing, I have enjoyed playing your mission. Thanks.

Cheers (and sorry for my english)

Lopo

Rubini
01-28-09, 10:17 AM
Thanks mate!
My comments in color below:

@Rubini

Do you found the Enigma Machine so much difficult to use?
- No, I don't think so... I became an "expert" after one hour thanks to the excellent enigma site and its exercices about how to use the machine.
This is how it must be. After you learn at first time you will be ready for all others future missions to work with EM. Like a real Kaleum!

I should like to listen some comments about the mission difficult level...if itīs too hard or itīs just challenge, etc...
- The mission isn't hard in my opinion but just more interessant to play in regard with the others because you're an officer with orders and not only a lonely grey wolf in the middle of the ocean. Find the convoy with 1 km visibility is also hard as during a campaign with the worst storm.
The wheather is random as you know. When testing, I catch bad wheather in more or less 40% at the time when hunting HN3 convoy.

- The classified documents adds immersion of course, they are with the enigma messages the only inteligence during the mission.
They will be included as far as the missions need them. In DasBoot mission you will have them too.

The only thing I regret (but it's not your fault) is to get out of the game a lot of times, because with my graphic card I have after coming in again a lot of minor glitches (p.e. in the command room the maps become black)...
These are stock SH3 bugs...and normally is not necessary to exit the game. For the command room's maps glitches, just click on the officers and go back usually fix them on the way.

But it's nothing, I have enjoyed playing your mission. Thanks.
Thanks to you too!

Cheers (and sorry for my english)

Lopo

Rubini
01-28-09, 10:21 AM
well ,when the first enigma message come, pause the game and go to windows.
set the enigma and when all is ready to type the message:
open (with sh3-editor) the rubini's mission and click on 'mission' and then on 'events' (don't look nothing else ,not even the map,becuase this is not cheating BUT....robery!)
in the events you will find the enigma message .copy the message and then go to the enigma machine.
at the right upper corner of the machine there is a menu and there clic on 'auto typing' switch . paste the message in there an clic 'start'.

that's it !
I will include all the EM machine messages in a separated .txt for the next mission. This way the ppl can use this tip without need to open the mission file itself. A choice to use the tip or type the message ourselfs. This donīt cheats the EM, as we need to know how to setup it anyway.;)

makman94
01-29-09, 10:58 AM
I will include all the EM machine messages in a separated .txt for the next mission.

yes ,that would be perfect rubini :up:

defcom
01-31-09, 08:55 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm pleasently surprised that my Enigma simulator remains popular in the subsim community after almost four years (and a bunch of updates). If you have any question about this or other cipher machines, don't hisitate to e-mail me trough my website.

I want to take advantage of this forum to invite you folks to join the Enigma Cipher Challenge on my website. I know that many people are a bit scared to 'crack' enigma messages, but my challenge is set up in such a way that even totally unexperienced people can get very far, and even complete the challenge with a bit of patience and smart thinking. You too can earn a place in the Table of Honer!

Finally, I wish you guys lots of luck and fun with the campaign and a great 2009 with a good health.

By the way, if you happend to dock your U-boat in Saigon (a bit off-track, I know) You could always ask the German Embassy to send a message to your lonely wifes, with an official 'Saigon nach Berlin' one-time pad. You can find it on this page (http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/onetimepad.htm) (the map with seal).:D

Kind regards,

Dirk Rijmenants

Cipher Machines & Cryptology
http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants (http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants)
http://rijmenants.blogspot.com (http://rijmenants.blogspot.com/)

urfisch
01-31-09, 09:08 AM
indeed, sounds very promising!

nice

Ktl_KUrtz
01-31-09, 12:37 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm pleasently surprised that my Enigma simulator remains popular in the subsim community after almost four years (and a bunch of updates). If you have any question about this or other cipher machines, don't hisitate to e-mail me trough my website.

I want to take advantage of this forum to invite you folks to join the Enigma Cipher Challenge on my website. I know that many people are a bit scared to 'crack' enigma messages, but my challenge is set up in such a way that even totally unexperienced people can get very far, and even complete the challenge with a bit of patience and smart thinking. You too can earn a place in the Table of Honer!

Finally, I wish you guys lots of luck and fun with the campaign and a great 2009 with a good health.

By the way, if you happend to dock your U-boat in Saigon (a bit off-track, I know) You could always ask the German Embassy to send a message to your lonely wifes, with an official 'Saigon nach Berlin' one-time pad. You can find it on this page (http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/onetimepad.htm) (the map with seal).:D

Kind regards,

Dirk Rijmenants

Hi Dirk,
I would like to say thanks for your excellent mod!
KUrtz

Rubini
02-01-09, 09:39 AM
Hi Folks,

Kind regards,

Dirk Rijmenants

Hi Dirk,

Itīs a honour receive you here on this thread. Many thanks by your work, itīs a masterpiece. The Enigma Machine Simulator adds much to immersion feeling of the game. These type of Smissions, that use EM coded messages are very different from regular ones and can put SH3 on a more high challenge type of game.:up:

Best regards,

Rubini.

Nuss
02-05-09, 02:05 AM
Hi Rubini,

first thank you very much for this new mod-idea and the first mission.

I learnt the enigma and installed your mission. As far as I see the mission only shows up in the English subfolder of SingleMissions. I copied the mission into the German subfolder and then started it in my German SH3-installation. The mission-text was of course in English.

Do I only have to translate the English text in the mis-file as "Leave Kiel through NE entrance..." to convert the mission to German or are there other things to do?

Regards Nuss

PS: I am no modder.

Rubini
02-06-09, 10:04 AM
Hi Rubini,

first thank you very much for this new mod-idea and the first mission.

I learnt the enigma and installed your mission. As far as I see the mission only shows up in the English subfolder of SingleMissions. I copied the mission into the German subfolder and then started it in my German SH3-installation. The mission-text was of course in English.

Do I only have to translate the English text in the mis-file as "Leave Kiel through NE entrance..." to convert the mission to German or are there other things to do?

Regards Nuss

PS: I am no modder.

Hi Nuss,

The not coded messages are just a simple translate work...but the problem is the Enigma Messages that will remains in English...unless you translate them and send to me. I can then code the messages again with EMachine.

Or if you learned how to do it, you can code the messages by yourself.

In any case let me know, them I will add the german mission to the mod!:up:

jlwalker
02-09-09, 04:00 PM
Hi Rubini,

This is an excellent mod. It took me about one hour to learn and practice how to set up the Engima Machine. Once I learned how to operate Engima this mod became alive. The idea of not knowing where BDU wants to send your crew was
exciting. I like the new addons. However, I am not going to give them away. The only thing I would like to see with this mod is to have the Engima Simulator replace the Engima machine in the radio room. That would eliminate the need to leave the game to decode all of the messages. The SH3 engine may not allow this
to happen due to its limitations. This Engima Single Mission Mod takes Sh3 to the next level of realism. I can't wait for the second Engima Mission.

Thanks for another great mod:salute:

jlwalker

makman94
03-11-09, 06:56 PM
hello Rubini,how are you ?

just dropped to ask if we have any news about the second mission

bye

Canovaro
03-14-09, 06:00 AM
A good idea Rubini!

The mission worked out fine! Except that I got killed by the escorts, but that was my own fault.
Getting info and the password for the zip-file by the radio is a good idea for these missions. And it really adds to gameplay to be ordered to report back.

I enjoyed it, it was exciting!

I wonder if it would be nice to add songs on the grammophone as morsesoundfiles, which can be translated into code and then, by a message containing the key, into a readable assingment. Or something. Not very realistic perhaps. :)

Anyway this is a good 'other way to enjoy sh3' imo!

Einsman
03-14-09, 08:47 AM
A good idea Rubini. Is another game !!! :yeah:

Thank you

robbythesub
03-15-09, 01:08 PM
Great expansion and one that should have been in the original game, so thanks for your efforts, and please expand this idea into the game proper.

Cheers :yeah:

Rubini
03-15-09, 06:37 PM
hello Rubini,how are you ?

just dropped to ask if we have any news about the second mission

bye

Thanks guys, I'm very happy that you have liked this idea/mission.
I'm again out of SH3 since some time now...the second mission was never finished...perhaps someday. Well, itīs also open for anyone that want to make your own mission using these ideas as a model!

Cheers,

Rubini.

robbythesub
03-16-09, 05:34 AM
Hi Rubini

Thats a real shame since this is a major step forward with this game, so lets hope someone else picks up the thread.

Thanks again :up: