View Full Version : [REL] Longer Repair Times v2.03

ZMC
01-16-09, 01:50 AM
**Released**

Longer Repair Times v2.04 Full and LRT 2.03 Lite for use with GWX 3.0 Gold mod

What's new in this latest version of Longer Repair Times Mod v2.04:

-fixed a few small menu text errors

-made a slight adjustment to custom depth charge sound effects

(please note: LRT v2.04 is fully compatible with Rubini's latest Life Boat mod v4.0. Install Rubini's Life Boat mod FIRST, then LRT 2.04 Full second)

LRT v2.04 Full and LRT 2.03 Lite download link: http://files.filefront.com/Longer+Repair+Times+2047z/;13012501;/fileinfo.html

I decided to come out of modding retirement one last time to update LRT so it could be used in conjunction with GWX 3.0 Gold, so no major changes in this version. I am now retiring again- for good this time, so this will surely be the last version of LRT. Again, thanks everyone for using LRT these past few years! Good luck and happy hunting! :sunny:

-ZMC, aka Drifter

nikbear
01-16-09, 02:10 AM
Thank you for your dedication and hard work,brilliant mod:up:

jaxa
01-16-09, 02:18 AM
Thanks a lot.

Reece
01-16-09, 04:46 AM
As always, thanks ZMC or was that NVD!:up:

ZMC
01-16-09, 05:56 AM
As always, thanks ZMC or was that NVD!:up:
Yes, it's really me. Sorry for the user name change again, but I wasn't planning on posting here any more- and tossed my old password. :lol:

Reece
01-16-09, 06:41 AM
Well you never know what's around the corner, you'd better put your password in a safe place, how many times can you take being a "Bilge Rat":lol:

Myxale
01-16-09, 06:59 AM
Kudos a bunch drifter!:rock:

I was ust asking myself about this!

Glad you dropped by! Cheers mate!:up:

Lanzfeld
01-16-09, 09:40 AM
Thank you!:rock:

Same as last one?:hmm:

Good with GWX 3.0 but NOT Enhanced Damage Effects (unless using Lite).:|\\

asanovic7
01-16-09, 10:51 AM
The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

:rotfl:
Does anyone have this on filefront?
:rotfl:
I thought I would never ask this..

Uber Gruber
01-16-09, 10:55 AM
Kudos Drifter...this is one of my favourite mods....Eye Thank Ewe:up:

asanovic7
01-16-09, 11:00 AM
I managed to download lite version but full doesn't work..
:doh:

Trefoil
01-16-09, 02:15 PM
Thanks very much, ZMC, for your LRT update:up:.

If anyone is still having trouble downloading the files from MediaFire, I've mirrored them on FileFront -

LRT v2.03 Full version - http://files.filefront.com/LRT+v2037z/;12994272;/fileinfo.html

LRT v2.03 Lite version -http://files.filefront.com/LRT+v203+Lite7z/;12994283;/fileinfo.html

LMD
01-16-09, 04:55 PM
I'm trying to enable this mod via Generic Mod Enabler and got this message:
""Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "GWX - Open Hatch Mod" mod.
"Cameras.dat" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special" mod.
"particles.dsd" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
"de_menu.txt" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special" mod.
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special" mod.
"menu_1024_768.ini" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI Special" mod."
Somebody who uses Enhanced Damage Effects, Open Hatch Mod and OLC GUI Special mods, can u please tell me if the LRT will crash the game if i install it with these warning message or it's gonna be ok? Thanks in advance.

jaxa
01-16-09, 07:08 PM
When I try to enable LRT 2.03 Lite version I see this:
""Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects" mod.
I don't want to disable Enhanced Damage Effects - how to use it with LRT?

ZMC
01-16-09, 07:58 PM
I haven't made an LRT 2.03 compatibility patch for Enhanced Damage Effects mod or OLC GUI Special mod yet, but will very soon.

As far as the Mediafire download links not working, I just tried them again and they both work fine for me. Not sure what happened. :hmm:

HEMISENT
01-16-09, 08:36 PM
Drifter, as always your work is much appreciated. Your LRT mod in all its various forms has added so much to the overall gameplay words cannot describe. I've been away for awhile myself but am now able to get back into the game, when I do download GWX 3.0 this newest LRT version will be at the top of my list of invaluable mods.

Thanks for hours and hours of agonizingly slow repairs.:up::up::up::up::up:

ZMC
01-16-09, 09:41 PM
Drifter, as always your work is much appreciated. Your LRT mod in all its various forms has added so much to the overall gameplay words cannot describe. I've been away for awhile myself but am now able to get back into the game, when I do download GWX 3.0 this newest LRT version will be at the top of my list of invaluable mods.

Thanks for hours and hours of agonizingly slow repairs.:up::up::up::up::up:

Hey HEMISENT, I'm happy you're still enjoying LRT. That was the one thing that always drove me crazy the most about SH3- those instant repairs. :p

ZMC
01-16-09, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the all the compliments everyone. :yep: I have put many long hours into creating and testing this mod over the past couple of years, as have most SH3 modders here done with their mods. I'm just happy a few people are still using and enjoying LRT.

Badger Finn
01-16-09, 11:22 PM
Cheers Drifter!

:up:

q65
01-17-09, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the update:up:

LMD
01-17-09, 02:14 AM
I haven't made an LRT 2.03 compatibility patch for Enhanced Damage Effects mod or OLC GUI Special mod yet, but will very soon.

Ok, I have re-uploaded LRT 2.03 again. Both Full and Lite versions are included in the download. Also included are LRT 2.03 compatibility patches for the following mods:

-Enhanced Damage Effects
-Integrated Orders
-Late War Sensors
-Open Hatch

Thanks a lot for the update ZMC :rock: By the way, still wonder if there is gonna be more updates to make the mod compatible with OLC GUI Special? I hope it would:roll:

Thanks for the all the compliments everyone. :yep: I have put many long hours into creating and testing this mod over the past couple of years, as have most SH3 modders here done with their mods. I'm just happy a few people are still using and enjoying LRT.

No man, the only persons here who should say "Thank you" are all those people who use your awesome mod. So many many thanks to u and who knows maybe some day u will come back again from your retirement and represent to subsim community other cool stuff:hmm: ;) Good luck to u and thanks again!

ZMC
01-17-09, 04:25 AM
LMD, thanks for the kind words. I went ahead and uploaded a compatibility patch for using OLC GUI Special with LRT v2.03 full. ;)

You can download it here: http://files.filefront.com/OLC+GUI+Special+LRT+2037z/;13000443;/fileinfo.html

LMD
01-17-09, 05:48 AM
LMD, thanks for the kind words. I went ahead and uploaded a compatibility patch for using OLC GUI Special with LRT v2.03 full. ;)

You can download it here: http://files.filefront.com/OLC+GUI+Special+LRT+2037z/;13000443;/fileinfo.html
Wow, u are very fast. Thanks a lot:up:

meduza
01-17-09, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the great mod. :up: I never used it before, and I didn't know what I was missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. I use U-Jagd Tools combined with Integrated orders, and since LRT changes menu_1024_768.ini, it makes a mess out of U-Jagd tools :D.
What were the changes you made to menu_1024_768.ini? I'd like to integrate it with U-Jagd Tools, or just ditch it if it contains nothing crucial.

2. The camera constantly shakes while the sub lies on the seabed. I understand it's unavoidable, and that the Depth Charge Shake mod causes this. Is it possible to easily remove this mod from LRT?

jaxa
01-17-09, 07:21 AM
Thanks for fast response :up:

asanovic7
01-17-09, 08:22 AM
Thanks, zmc!

I hope I can continue to update mods to be compatible to youre, I couldn't get to you.
:oops:

Cheers

Awful Smutje
01-17-09, 11:57 AM
Ok, I have re-uploaded LRT 2.03 again. Both Full and Lite versions are included in the download. Also included are LRT 2.03 compatibility patches for the following mods:

-Enhanced Damage Effects
-Integrated Orders
-Late War Sensors
-Open Hatch

I'm using Racerboys SH4 effects for SH3.
Will this work with LRT?

EDIT:

I went ahead and uploaded a compatibility patch for using OLC GUI Special with LRT v2.03 full.

And will this work with the standart OLC GUI Mod 1.2.7?

pkl75
01-17-09, 05:36 PM
Hi ZMC,

Thanks for making the patch for OLC GUI Special!

I think there would be the following mods that people might be interested in combining LRT 2.03 or LRT 2.03 Lite with some ro all of the following:

- Lifeboats & Debris 4.0 => Only sh3.sdl is conflicting.
- Seabed repair mod (by Mikhayl) => is this mod included in LRT 2.03? I guess not. Is it going to be merged by yuo ZMC? There was combined LRT_SRM before GWX 3 was available.
- GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects => Compatiblity with LRT 2.03? particles.dsd and Zones.cfg are the conflicting files. Also LRT 2.03 Lite conflicts with the damage effects mod.

Can you comment on those? Any plan to make compatibility patches available?

Thanks! :)

ZMC
01-17-09, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the great mod. :up: I never used it before, and I didn't know what I was missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. I use U-Jagd Tools combined with Integrated orders, and since LRT changes menu_1024_768.ini, it makes a mess out of U-Jagd tools :D.
What were the changes you made to menu_1024_768.ini? I'd like to integrate it with U-Jagd Tools, or just ditch it if it contains nothing crucial.

2. The camera constantly shakes while the sub lies on the seabed. I understand it's unavoidable, and that the Depth Charge Shake mod causes this. Is it possible to easily remove this mod from LRT?
Hello Meduza. Yes, it's possible to remove the depth charge effect from LRT 2.03 Full version if you don't like it. I will need to make a few modifications. I will upload a non-shaking LRT Full version patch soon. As far as U-Jagd Tools is concerned, I will look into making an LRT compatibility patch for it. ;)

ZMC
01-17-09, 08:20 PM
Hi ZMC,

Thanks for making the patch for OLC GUI Special!

I think there would be the following mods that people might be interested in combining LRT 2.03 or LRT 2.03 Lite with some ro all of the following:

- Lifeboats & Debris 4.0 => Only sh3.sdl is conflicting.
- Seabed repair mod (by Mikhayl) => is this mod included in LRT 2.03? I guess not. Is it going to be merged by yuo ZMC? There was combined LRT_SRM before GWX 3 was available.
- GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects => Compatiblity with LRT 2.03? particles.dsd and Zones.cfg are the conflicting files. Also LRT 2.03 Lite conflicts with the damage effects mod.

Can you comment on those? Any plan to make compatibility patches available?

Thanks! :)

Hello pkl75. LRT 2.03 Full was already modded to be compatible with Rubini's Lifeboats & Debris 4.0 mod Just install LRT after installing Lifeboats & Debris 4.0 and it should be ok. Also, there are compatibility patches already included for Enhanced Damage Effects mod in the latest download (2.03).

As far as the Seabed Repair mod goes, I am considering releasing one more version of LRT very soon with this included (if Mikhayl doesn't mind). So much for retirement. :p

ZMC
01-17-09, 09:21 PM

-Enhanced Damage Effects
-Integrated Orders
-Late War Sensors
-Open Hatch

Will this work with LRT?

EDIT:

I went ahead and uploaded a compatibility patch for using OLC GUI Special with LRT v2.03 full.
LRT 2.03 Full version won't work properly with SH4 effects. You can still use them together, but the extra added sound effects from LRT (screams, creaking, etc) won't work properly. If you can live with the missing sounds, should be ok. But you need to install SH4 Effects mod after installing LRT 2.03 Full. I don't plan on making a sound patch due to the work involved. Sorry. As far as standard OLC GUI Mod 1.2.7, I might be able to make a patch for it. Is there anyone else here besides Awful Smutje that wants to use OLC GUI Mod 1.2.7 with LRT 2.03?

LiveGoat
01-17-09, 10:20 PM
I also use OLC GUI 1.2.7 and can't live without it, along with Seabed Repairs. A version with patches for these would be most appreciated. I'm still using the LRT 2.02 with SRM Final at the moment and would love to try the new one.

-Enhanced Damage Effects
-Integrated Orders
-Late War Sensors
-Open Hatch

Will this work with LRT?

EDIT:

LRT 2.03 Full version won't work properly with SH4 effects. You can still use them together, but the extra added sound effects from LRT (screams, creaking, etc) won't work properly. If you can live with the missing sounds, should be ok. But you need to install SH4 Effects mod after installing LRT 2.03 Full. I don't plan on making a sound patch due to the work involved. Sorry. As far as standard OLC GUI Mod 1.2.7, I might be able to make a patch for it. Is there anyone else here besides Awful Smutje that wants to use OLC GUI Mod 1.2.7 with LRT 2.03?

ZMC
01-18-09, 05:12 AM
The camera constantly shakes while the sub lies on the seabed. I understand it's unavoidable, and that the Depth Charge Shake mod causes this. Is it possible to easily remove this mod from LRT?

Meduza, to disable the Depth Charge Shake feature in LRT 2.04 Full, delete the following file from the LRT 2.04 folder before installing LRT:

cameras.dat which located in the library folder of LRT 2.04

If you also want to get rid of the custom depth charge sounds in LRT 2.04 Full, delete all files in the sound folder of LRT 2.04 Full except for Steam_burst.wav file.

ZMC
01-18-09, 05:16 AM
I have released LRT 2.04 and bundled it with LRT 2.03 Lite.

What's new in this latest version of Longer Repair Times Mod v2.04:

-fixed a few small menu text errors

-made a slight adjustment to custom depth charge sound effects

Included are the following LRT compatibility patches:

-Enhanced Damage Effects mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-Enhanced Damage Effects mod for LRT 2.03 Lite
-Integrated Orders mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-Late War Sensors mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-Late War Sensors mod for LRT 2.03 Lite
-OLC GUI 1.2.7 mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-OLC GUI Special mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-Open Hatch in the Command Room mod for LRT 2.04 Full
-U-jadg 1.3 mod for LRT 2.04 Full

Sorry, but I'm not taking any more requests for LRT 2.04 compatibility patches. I'll be hanging up my mouse soon. :88)

Also included is a small optional mod I made a while ago that disables all U-boat collisions. This was done to allow long repairs while sitting on the seabed floor at high time compression without destroying the U-boat (due to collision damage). Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Mikhayl's Seabed Repair mod to work properly with LRT. Flooded U-boat still took collision damage at high time compression no matter what. :doh:

Here's the download link for LRT 2.04: http://files.filefront.com/Longer+Repair+Times+2047z/;13012501;/fileinfo.html

This will most likely be my last release of LRT. It's been fun, but honestly I'm just tired of modding SH3. I hope everyone enjoys this final version of LRT! :|\\

LMD
01-18-09, 05:52 AM
Also included is a small optional mod I made a while ago that disables all U-boat collisions. This was done to allow long repairs while sitting on the seabed floor at high time compression without destroying the U-boat (due to collision damage). Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Mikhayl's Seabed Repair mod to work properly with LRT. Flooded U-boat still took collision damage at high time compression no matter what. :doh:
Hello, ZMC
Have a question about this new small optional mod - does it mean that with this mod enabled i will be able to ram at enemy ships for example and would not get any damage? Do I understand correct that "no collision damage" means that from now my uboat can duy only 'cos of depth pressure, enemy fire and derth charges? And I can safely lay on the ground even with the max speed, ram at enemy ships, hit mines and etc. Can u please give more info about it 'cos I'm a little discouraged about what does it mean "disables all U-boat collisions"?

ZMC
01-18-09, 06:05 AM
Also included is a small optional mod I made a while ago that disables all U-boat collisions. This was done to allow long repairs while sitting on the seabed floor at high time compression without destroying the U-boat (due to collision damage). Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Mikhayl's Seabed Repair mod to work properly with LRT. Flooded U-boat still took collision damage at high time compression no matter what. :doh: Hello, ZMC
Have a question about this new small optional mod - does it mean that with this mod enabled i will be able to ram at enemy ships for example and would not get any damage? Do I understand correct that "no collision damage" means that from now my uboat can duy only 'cos of depth pressure, enemy fire and derth charges? And I can safely lay on the ground even with the max speed, ram at enemy ships, hit mines and etc. Can u please give more info about it 'cos I'm a little discouraged about what does it mean "disables all U-boat collisions"?
Mines will still cause damage, as will bombs, depth charges, and shells. But all types of ramming damage is disabled for the U-boat. Anything that collides with the U-boat... this includes ships, land, anti-sub nets, and the seabed floor. Play like you always would (avoid U-boat rammings at all costs, and don't park your U-boat on the beach!) and you should be ok with gameplay. Ship ramming damage will be disabled with the mod, but this is the trade-off to be able to make long repairs on the seabed floor without taking collision damage. Unfortunately, the SH3 collision damage model has never worked properly anyways. :huh: If you don't like the idea of having U-boat collision damage disabled, it's best to not install the mod. It's optional. LRT 2.04 will still work without it, but you won't be able to do lengthy repairs at high time compression on the seabed once heavy flooding starts.

LMD
01-18-09, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I will instal it ' cos I'm always trying to avoid the collisions in the game so I don't think this mod will hurt realism much. The only thing are sub nets but I'm ready to forget about them and have the possibility to lay on the ground, repairing my U-boat and hearing enemies destroyers swimming around hehehe:arrgh!:
Thanks again and good luck to u man!!!

ZMC
01-18-09, 09:16 AM
LMD, sounds like a good trade-off. Like you said, as long as you play realistically and cautiously, the No Collision Damage mod shouldn't hurt realism too much- and will hopefully enhance gameplay even more. I'm looking forward to hearing about some of your war patrol stories using LRT and No Collision Damage mod. :D

Optimus Prime
01-18-09, 11:03 AM
Thanks very much!!!:up: :up: :up:

panthercules
01-18-09, 07:18 PM
@ZMC - can't thank you enough for all this work in getting LRT working with GWX 3.0. Been liking what I've seen so far with GWX 3.0 and been really looking forward to diving back into the ATO after dallying with SH4 and the PTO for a while. However, I got hooked on LRT back when I was playing SH3 before and I couldn't really envision spending any time playing without it.

All the optional mods were a little confusing to me (and must have taken a lot of extra work on your part - no wonder you're taking about hanging up your mouse), but I'm hoping I have it figured out. Just thought I'd better check to be sure before getting too deep into a career:

If I'm running the following GWX 3.0 mods:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Merged Campaign

Are these the LRT mods I should be running (and do I have them installed in the right order, or does it matter, as long as I install them all after the GWX ones above)?

LRT v2.04 Full for GWX3.0
EDE- LRT 2.04 Full patch
Integrated Orders- LRT 2.04 Full patch
Open Hatch - LRT 2.04 Full patch
No Collision Damage

Your LRT masterpiece addressed one of the game's most glaring faults, and gave me my best, most exciting "Das Boot" type moment ever with SH3 way long ago, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out with GWX 3.0 and I want to join the throngs of other LRT fanboys and add my sincere thanks to theirs for all your efforts and contributions to the SH3 modding (and player) community - :up::up::up:

ZMC
01-18-09, 07:59 PM
@ZMC - can't thank you enough for all this work in getting LRT working with GWX 3.0. Been liking what I've seen so far with GWX 3.0 and been really looking forward to diving back into the ATO after dallying with SH4 and the PTO for a while. However, I got hooked on LRT back when I was playing SH3 before and I couldn't really envision spending any time playing without it.

All the optional mods were a little confusing to me (and must have taken a lot of extra work on your part - no wonder you're taking about hanging up your mouse), but I'm hoping I have it figured out. Just thought I'd better check to be sure before getting too deep into a career:

If I'm running the following GWX 3.0 mods:

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Merged Campaign

Are these the LRT mods I should be running (and do I have them installed in the right order, or does it matter, as long as I install them all after the GWX ones above)?

LRT v2.04 Full for GWX3.0
EDE- LRT 2.04 Full patch
Integrated Orders- LRT 2.04 Full patch
Open Hatch - LRT 2.04 Full patch
No Collision Damage

Your LRT masterpiece addressed one of the game's most glaring faults, and gave me my best, most exciting "Das Boot" type moment ever with SH3 way long ago, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out with GWX 3.0 and I want to join the throngs of other LRT fanboys and add my sincere thanks to theirs for all your efforts and contributions to the SH3 modding (and player) community - :up::up::up:
Hello panthercules. Thank you very much for the kind words! It's great to hear you and others have enjoyed LRT so much. I understand how you feel about the instant repair times. I could never play SH3 again with those short repair times. It was such a realism killer for me.

As far as the LRT compatibility patches you listed, install in this order:

1. SH3 1.4b

2. GWX 3.0 Gold

3. Enhanced Damage Effects mod, Open Hatch mod, Integrated Orders mod, and No Collision Damage mod (in no particular order)

4. LRT v2.04 Full for GWX3.0

5. EDE- LRT 2.04 Full patch, Integrated Orders- LRT 2.04 Full patch, and
Open Hatch - LRT 2.04 Full patch (in no particular order)

The above install order should work ok. I cannot guarantee which separate mods can and cannot work together, but I have made LRT 2.04 compatibility patches for the above listed. As far as I know, Integrated Orders mod, OLC GUI 1.2.7 mod, OLC GUI Special mod, and U-jagd mod cannot be used together at the same time, because they all modify the menu_1024_768.ini file. I hope this helps.

Please report back on some of your patrol experiences. Would love to here them! :arrgh!:

ssconvert
01-18-09, 09:15 PM
Ok, just found this mod and sounds perfect. With the lite version and optional no collision mod installed, we have realistic repair times and we dont need the seabed repair mod. Is this correct?

Mods using:
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units
Radio Berlin
Authentic_U-boat_Off_Faces
Combat Radio Frequency
Church Obs Per for GWX 2.0 (Integrated Orders)
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3
PT_SoundPack_V3.1
Spirit of machines
WBNN Mission Orders
CommandCombat_V2_01
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
DowlysMenuMod1Sailor
DDType-7
DDTypeH
DDTypeM
FiringRepeatOrders

ZMC
01-18-09, 10:27 PM
Ok, just found this mod and sounds perfect. With the lite version and optional no collision mod installed, we have realistic repair times and we dont need the seabed repair mod. Is this correct?

Mods using:
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units
Radio Berlin
Authentic_U-boat_Off_Faces
Combat Radio Frequency
Church Obs Per for GWX 2.0 (Integrated Orders)
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3
PT_SoundPack_V3.1
Spirit of machines
WBNN Mission Orders
CommandCombat_V2_01
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
DowlysMenuMod1Sailor
DDType-7
DDTypeH
DDTypeM
FiringRepeatOrders
Correct. The No Collision mod works 100% for sure with LRT 2.04 Full and LRT 2.03 Lite versions. With it installed, you will be able to repair while sitting on the seabed floor at high time compression (if you so choose), even with heavy compartment flooding. I never could get Mikhayle's Seabed Repair mod to work properly when integrating it with LRT 2.04. That is why I didn't include it in this latest release of LRT.

LMD
01-19-09, 05:59 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing about some of your war patrol stories using LRT and No Collision Damage mod. :D
Well ZMC, here is my story - I had my 4th patrol. It was just about the Christmas Eve and I got a brand-new type VIIB U-boat from the BDU as a gift for my previous renown:rock: So I decided to go to the Atlantic ocean for the big fishes:arrgh!: The patrol started fine and everything was good. Seems like the british also have no war plans on the Christmas 'cos I haven't met any Tommies ship while I was crossing the eastern and the northern coasts of the British islands. Well my crew was absolutely happy with that. Today the captain with the cook prepared special celebratory dinner - eggs, bavarian sausages and drop off the perch for everybody who will not stand in the combat station during next 4 hours. Others will get their beer after they have their free time to have some rest. Well as I said everything was fine, everybody was joking, singing "It's a long way to Tiporery(sorry if i'm wrong:oops: I think u understand what the song I mean;) )...well seems like there was no war with dammed Tommies and the crew could have some peace and quiet today.
But as it always happens this peaceful atmosphere was interrupted by the watch crew words "I see numerous ships smokes on the horizon, herr Kaleun". Argh, I was ready to kill my watch officer. He has a bad habit - to ruin holidays for others. He did it on my birthday party (that day we managed to survive in a 2-hours depth charges attack) and he made it today again, when everybody celebrates the Christmas. But from the other side he makes his job and I must admire he is good submariner. Well, the party is over guys...we have some work to do. Hope Tommies do not expecting us and they are already drunk:smug: I looked at my watch - it was 22-32. The night was dark enough to try the surface attack on the convoy. Besides there were only 2 old destroyers as my watch officer reported to me. Well it's time to get some "fresh meat" for my "hungry" guys. I had no problem to get inside the convoy. I chose the Granville-type Freighter as my first target. 1 torpedo should be enough for this ship - 3,2,1...torpedo in the water. In less than 30 sec it has hit the ship. For that time my U-boat was almost under the water (I always dive after the surface attack to the periscope depth trying to avoid the search lights). Usually enemy ships turn on their search lights as they hear and see the torpedo blast. But not this time. Hmmm, that is strange:hmm: Maybe they don't have them. Only destroyers turn them on. But they were too far from that place where I was. Yes they start approaching the place where I hit the first target but I thought I would be able to make 1 more surface attack and dive before they reach me. So I blowed the ballast and headed to my next victim - it was the medium cargo. My way to the medium cargo past near the first victim - the freighter haven't sunk yet but it stopped so I decided to finish him a little bit later when the convoy will leave him alone. Well I was preparing my tubes 2 and 3 to fire the medium cargo but suddenly when I was about 200 meters passing near the freighter it has blown up and start sinking. I think the water reached the freighter's boilers and they blew up. But the biggest problem was that half of my U-boat was damaged by the explosion wave. It was horrible - my engines were damaged and needed to be repaired during next 8-16 hours:doh: and the destroyers approaching. Of course I can still swim at ahead flank but my damaged engines managed to give me only 2 knots. That's was not enough to escape from the destroyers. My electric engines were damaged too:damn: . But I decided to dive and repair my boat in a safety of the depth(I was so naive). I set the depth to 25 meters 'cos I didn't know the status of my hull integrity. Is it damaged, at what depth my U-boat will start to crash and other basic questions which is everybody of u asking yourselves after being hit by the depth charge or gun fire. So did I. I didn't want to risk much and I was right 'cos when my boat reached the point of 25 meters it didn't stop and continue to dive. My chief engineer blew the ballast immediately. It's better to surrender than being killed by the pressure. Well it's hard to dispute with him:yep: Thanks got we were not deep enough and our U-boat saw the night sky again in a couple of minutes. Seems like the damages were more serious than I thought before.
I turned on the manage crew screen but only the hydrophone had the status "Unrepairable". So what's wrong, why I can't hold the current depth...maybe it's 'cos of damaged compressor or smth else?:hmm: But there is no time to think, it's time to act. Those destroyers can get me any minute and I can do only 2 knots on the surface. All of my team are repairing the boat but they will repair engines only in the morning. Will I manage to survive till that time? I said "Man the deck gun" and set it to hold fire. The destroyers haven't find me yet and I don't want to help them with this. I only use return fire if they start firing first. Besides my deck is damaged too and I don't know if it will fire at all:damn: .
Well, next 30-40 minutes I was sneaking inside the convoy hiding from the destroyers. I wish u saw that.:rotfl: But I was lucky and those guys didn't find me. Must be rookies which have graduated from the British naval academy yesterday:know: . And thanks God that there were no search lights on the merchants. If it wasn't an early period of war I would be dead that's for sure. But not today:rock:
So why did I write this story ZMC? Without your mod my crew would repair all the staff in about 2-3 minutes and I would escape without any problems. But when u see that your U-boat will be repaired during next 8-16 hours and u can only sit and wait hoping that u are lucky enough and enemy destroyers wouldn't get u during this time...well man this is a huge step to realism and I would like to thank u for the new impressions which your mod brought to me. Really that was the first time when I feel myself so helpless. Of course I had damages from the enemy destroyers before this mod but if I was lucky enough my crew always managed to repair all that damages in a couple of minutes, if not...well it was the start for a new career:nope: With this mod everything is different. And I really like it.
P.S. There is one little lie in my story - it was not the Christmas time, it was only the 17 of December 1939. But I added 1 week specially to make my story more interesting and 'cos I like The New Year and Christmas holidays:lol: . Hope u enjoy my story. Sorry for the mistakes if any.:roll:

ZMC
01-19-09, 08:43 PM
Wow LMD. Thank you for that great patrol story. :yep: I'm happy you and your crew survived! And your English was fine.

Yes, the difference between the usual instant 1-2 minute repairs and LRT 1-16+ hours for repairs can have an amazing effect on game play. :lol:

ZMC
01-19-09, 08:59 PM
I wanted to tell everyone using LRT a few little tips:

-Sometimes there is a bug that says 'compartment destroyed' when trying to drag (move) a crew member into a damaged U-boat compartment. It won't let you move the crew member into that damaged compartment. A way around this is to left-click on the compartment name (text above the compartment) in the repair screen, then right-click on the crew member you want to move into that compartment. Works every time. :D

-How to remove the depth charge interior camera shaking effect from LRT 2.04 Full version. Players may want to remove this feature because the interior camera may shake annoyingly when resting on the sea bed floor while repairing, especially with heavier U-boat compartment flooding. Do these steps before installing LRT Full. First, delete the Cameras.dat file and the particles.dsd file located in the library folder of LRT 2.04 Full. Second, delete all files in the LRT 2.04 Full sound folder except the Steam_burst.wav file.

I'll be signing off now and hanging up my mouse. I don't plan on releasing any more SH3 mods or posting here any more.

Thanks everyone for using LRT, and best of luck to you all. I'm outta here! :sunny:

von Zelda
01-20-09, 08:06 AM
Hello ZMC,

Small problem: the No Collision Damage zip file would not open for me. Everything else unzipped just fine.

Lanzfeld
01-20-09, 09:32 AM
ZMC (If you are still here),

Thanks for an update to this great mod.

I was testing this mod in the academy and I was taking gunfire from the DD and it usually damages compartments but doesnt cause flooding most of the time. This strikes me as backwards. No slam on this mod as I love your work but I was wondering if this is a byproduct the way you set up the damage model?

LiveGoat
01-21-09, 12:07 AM
Thanks for all your work, ZMC. Doing my first ever voyage to Long Island with the new LRT. Wonderful mod.

I wanted to tell everyone using LRT a few little tips:

-Sometimes there is a bug that says 'compartment destroyed' when trying to drag (move) a crew member into a damaged U-boat compartment. It won't let you move the crew member into that damaged compartment. A way around this is to left-click on the compartment name (text above the compartment) in the repair screen, then right-click on the crew member you want to move into that compartment. Works every time. :D

-How to remove the depth charge interior camera shaking effect from LRT 2.04 Full version. Players may want to remove this feature because the interior camera may shake annoyingly when resting on the sea bed floor while repairing, especially with heavier U-boat compartment flooding. Do these steps before installing LRT Full. First, delete the Cameras.dat file and the particles.dsd file located in the library folder of LRT 2.04 Full. Second, delete all files in the LRT 2.04 Full sound folder except the Steam_burst.wav file.

I'll be signing off now and hanging up my mouse. I might check in here from time to time, but this is basically the end of the road for me. I don't plan on releasing any more SH3 mods.

Thanks everyone for using LRT, and best if luck! :sunny:

Keelbuster
01-21-09, 12:30 AM
Just installed the LRT. LOVING IT.:rock:

Uber Gruber
02-19-09, 03:55 PM
The "no collisions" optional mod is not JSGME ready.....and I can't find the controller in SH3/data....can anyone tell me how to install this ?

Cheers, Hans.

badwolf
02-19-09, 04:31 PM
Hi Uber Gruber,
The "no collisions" file SH3Collisions.act is in your SH3 root directory. The No Collision Damage (optional mod) is JSGME ready, just copy the No Collision Damage (optional mod) folder into your mods folder and enable or follow the readme instruction.

Uber Gruber
02-19-09, 06:02 PM
Thanks, i'm a bit of a klutz today....managed to work it out.

Unfortunately, i can't use it with Mikahl's combined gui mod even though that uses teh same version of OLC. Mikahl did a lot of work on teh combined and its really good. I'm hoping ZMC might pop back in one day and consider it worth of a patch.

Then again.....I can't expect him to update his mod in eternity.

Cheers, Hans.

Pepe le Moko
03-04-09, 11:41 PM
I installed this and now the green efficiency bar for the crew at the different stations has disappeared. Anyone else has experienced this bug?

Pepe le Moko
03-06-09, 10:30 AM
Quick update :

I removed this mod using JSGME and now my green crew efficiency bar is back so it has something to do with the mod.

h.sie
03-06-09, 10:52 AM
yes, it's an known side-effect of the mod.
it decreases crew efficiency in order to have longer repair times.
not a very nice way, but the only one.

Pepe le Moko
03-08-09, 12:47 AM
Okay thanks, i didn't realize it completely emptied the efficiency bars of the crew, thought it just reduced them but not fully.

ryanwigginton
03-16-09, 12:31 PM
This mod sounds fantastic. Can I use this with GWX3.0 Gold and OLC Gold? If so, can anyone recommend an install order? And which of the LRT patches do I need?

h.sie
09-03-09, 02:45 AM
The LRT is already included in OLC Gold MkII. Just choose Option 2 or Option 4. That's it.

Fluffysheap
09-23-09, 07:12 PM
I have a few problems using this mod, though I think I would like it a lot...

1) Given that this mod eliminates the crew efficiency bars, whats the best way to deal with this? It's enough work to keep my compartments running efficiently even when I can see what is going on.

2) If I take some damage, I find that the leaking water hiss sound never stops, even after repairs are complete. And, sometimes, I see some empty messages from my officers, especially the engineer.

3) When I went to play the practice anti-aircraft mission to test everything out, I found that I was able to take some damage, but even minor damage never got repaired, no matter how long I waited. However, I could see time to repair flooding but the estimated time kept increasing, even when I was on the surface. Overall it just seemed like something wasn't working right.

I have:
GWX 3 Gold
GWX 16km Environment
GWX Unofficial Rocket Fix
Racerboy's SH4 Effects
Lifeboats & Debris V4
LRT 2.04 Full
Racerboy's compatibility mod for LRT & Lifeboats
GWX Integrated Orders
LRT Integrated Orders compatibility mod
Thompson's sound mod 3.0 + 3.1 + 3.2

I think this is the right order to install these in, but maybe not? I don't use the OLC mod, or SH3 Commander.

Commander Gizmo
09-24-09, 12:04 AM
3) When I went to play the practice anti-aircraft mission to test everything out, I found that I was able to take some damage, but even minor damage never got repaired, no matter how long I waited. However, I could see time to repair flooding but the estimated time kept increasing, even when I was on the surface. Overall it just seemed like something wasn't working right.

Your issue might be that you must stop the flooding (the time under the left icon in the actual compartment, not down below) before you can perform flooding recovery. You have to have a very well rested and qualified crew to fix any flooding in my experience. If all of my crew assigned to repairs don't have the qualification and I don't catch it right away, the flooding seems to happen faster than my crew can make the repairs.

Again, I am distinguishing between the flooding recovery time (bottom where crew/compartment stats are listed) and the leak repair time (under left icon in the actual compartment). You have to fix the leak before you can successfully pump the water out.

Fluffysheap
09-24-09, 01:09 AM
Yes, I think that might be it - since I was playing in the training mission, none of my crew had repair qualification, so repairs took an extremely long time. Thanks for your advice. Of course in the real campaign, I will bring a couple of repair crew!

As far as the perpetual hissing noise - looks like you must repair the air compressor to get the noise to stop. The noisy leak was in the control room but the compressor is in the electric engine compartment, so I did not make the connection until I found and looked closely at the leak and saw it was coming from a compressed air tank.

Now that these issues are solved I think I can try this out in my campaign but I still wonder how to best deal with compartment efficiency. In stock and GWX, compartment efficiency significantly affects torpedo loading times and, with the setting enabled, spotting accuracy. I don't know how this will work with this mod, nor how to judge how to best allocate crew. (Since I use a type II most of the time, crew management is very important!)

BTW, the final order I ended up using the mods in is:
GWX
GWX 16km Environment
Torpedo Damage Final
GWX Unofficial Rockets Fix
Racerboy SH4 Effects
Racerboy Enhanced Oil Explosions
Thomsen Sound Pack 3.0+3.1+3.2
GWX Integrated Orders
Lifeboats & Debris v4
LRT 2.04 Full
Racerboy compatibility mod #6 (SH4 + Lifeboats + LRT)
LRT Integrated Orders Compatibility Patch
GWX Alternate Flotillas
WB's Decks Awash/Fuel Economy

Whew! That is a lot of mods!

LGN1
09-27-09, 04:53 PM
I have a few problems using this mod, though I think I would like it a lot...

1) Given that this mod eliminates the crew efficiency bars, whats the best way to deal with this? It's enough work to keep my compartments running efficiently even when I can see what is going on.

2) If I take some damage, I find that the leaking water hiss sound never stops, even after repairs are complete. And, sometimes, I see some empty messages from my officers, especially the engineer.

I have:
GWX 3 Gold
GWX 16km Environment
GWX Unofficial Rocket Fix
Racerboy's SH4 Effects
Lifeboats & Debris V4
LRT 2.04 Full
Racerboy's compatibility mod for LRT & Lifeboats
GWX Integrated Orders
LRT Integrated Orders compatibility mod
Thompson's sound mod 3.0 + 3.1 + 3.2

I think this is the right order to install these in, but maybe not? I don't use the OLC mod, or SH3 Commander.

Concerning the second point: I also get some empty messages from my officers, especially the engineer. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something missing?

Cheers, LGN1

h.sie
09-28-09, 03:26 AM
the gwx team commented out some messages from the LI like "we have heavy floating, sir". only "we have critical floating, sir" is still active. this leads to the empty messages,.

LGN1
09-28-09, 09:12 AM
the gwx team commented out some messages from the LI like "we have heavy floating, sir". only "we have critical floating, sir" is still active. this leads to the empty messages,.

Thanks for the clarification, h.sie! I never realized it in the unmodded GWX. Maybe because I never had flooding :yep:

Cheers, LGN1

Weisia
11-19-09, 10:51 AM
Does the link not work anymore? Or do I have to use another browser?

badwolf
11-19-09, 11:10 AM
Hi Weisia,
Here's the link (Downloads).

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1185

Kapitanleutnant
01-02-10, 09:10 PM
This seems like a really interesting mod, but the way it's executed makes me a little nervous about using it. Doesn't slashing crew efficiency have an impact on anything else? Does anyody know of any side-effects from this mod? Hydrophone detection efficiency, for example?

h.sie
01-03-10, 06:04 AM
i could not discover any negative side effects on other crew skills like hydrophone detection abilities and so on. fortunately only the effiency for repairs seems to be reduced by that mod.

but reducing repair effiency has a negative side-effect on the flooding behaviour after a shell- or depthcharge hit: the flooding-times of the u-boat-compartments have to be enlarged just as well as the repair effiency is reduced, so that the BALANCE between repair efficiency and the flooding water keeps unchanged. otherwise the weak crew won't be able to fight againgst the flooding water.

that means: even in the case of a direct hit and a huge leak, the water is flowing very slowly into the boat, but the very weak crew needs hours/days to stop the water.

the dramatic fight against the flooding water, which lasts 3-5 minutes in unmodded SH3, now lasts many hours or days. slow-motion.

in unmodded SH3, 3-5 minutes after a hit, you know whether your crew is able to stop the water or not. but with this mod it is possible that the boat sinks hours or one day after the hit!! I don't like this.

For me there are two solutions:

1) Reducing efficiency not as drastically as in this mod. See my "Little longer repair times" mod for further information:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141586

2) Making Floodingtimes much higher than in this LRT mod. The author of this mod reduced the repair efficiency (and enlarged repair times) by a factor of approx. 200 - 800. (See the Interval3-values in Basic.cfg). But he enlarged the Floodingtime e.g. of the CommandRoom only by a factor of 133 (see Zones.cfg). That means: The BALANCE between the crew efficiency and the flooding water is disturbed for the benefit of the flooding water. Thus shell hits of medium extent already could be sufficient to sink the UBoat (one day later!). For my personal use, I set the Floodingtimes of the eight floodable UBoat compartments to 999999, which is for the absolute benefit of the Crew and the UBoat; flooding quasi does not take place. This is the prize for realistic repair times. By the way: My adapted versions of LRT that come as optional addons to "ACM-Reloaded, h.sie's Edition"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159346

also have FloodingTime=999999. These addons should also work without ACM-GUI. Try them. Maybe you like it.

None of these solutions makes me really happy. But many people tried to solve this hardcoded bug - without success. I even tried to fix that bug using a disassembler, but my knowledge and time was not sufficient.

h.sie

verte
02-15-10, 02:52 PM
The release of H.sie mod for reducing hull information forced me to think about the sense of the changes that LRT made to the u-boat hull endurance.

Let me explain - I have run the game with new H.sie mod to see if the color hull information works. I choose the convoy test mission and surfaced the u-boat to take damage from the escort and watch how the colors are changing.

The result - the escort had shooted to my u-boat for an hour and the only damage that they could do to the hull was "yellow" on damage screen. My u-boat behaved like a bunker, half of the convoy was on fire because of all the shooting and my u-boat has calmly standed in his place... The escort have finally sail away, and my u-boat was still alive and well.

I think that when it comes to hull endurance the LRT mod has no sense, making a nearly invincible tank from your u-boat.

Is there a solution to this problem, that is - retaining the longer repair times without making a bunker from the u-boat?

h.sie
02-15-10, 03:04 PM
use the LRT LITE mod. it does not change the .zon files of the u-boats, so that the damage model is unchanged, except for longer repair times.

verte
02-15-10, 03:56 PM
Thank you!

V-Modifications
03-31-10, 02:26 AM
Ahoi!

Great Mod, but as i have take a look into the files i found somethink that looks a bit wrong.

LRT v2.04 Full
Zones.cfg

[CommandRoom]
Critic Flotation=.10 <- old
Critic Flotation=0.10 <- fix

[Quarters1]
Critic Flotation=.10
Critic Flotation=0.10

[Quarters2]
Critic Flotation=.10
Critic Flotation=0.10

[TorpedoRoomStern]
Critic Flotation=.10
Critic Flotation=0.10

h.sie
03-31-10, 02:55 AM
i think there is no difference between .1 and 0.1

MH
04-02-10, 04:49 PM
Can anyone explain to me what the intervars do or direct .me to thread which does explain basic.cfg file.?
Would it be posable to create longer repair time mod by complitly changing the damage model.
Lets say by assaigning 10000 hp to torpedo tube and 1000 to depth charge shell that is if repair time is proportional to hp taken by a shell or bomb and if sh3 can work whith values so high.

h.sie
04-03-10, 04:23 AM
I had the same idea one year ago, but this means to change all weapons and all ships and planes and to re-balance all the damage models.

Maybe it's easier to disassemble sh3.exe and find and patch the error which leads to these unrealistic short repair times.

h.sie
04-05-10, 04:43 PM
Just tested your idea again, without success. Multiplied all Hitpoints in Zones.cfg and in the weapon's .zon files with a Factor of 100. Didn't work. Maybe here is some expert in disassembling, who could find and fix the program error which leads to these instant repair times.

MH
04-06-10, 10:52 AM
Just tested your idea again, without success. Multiplied all Hitpoints in Zones.cfg and in the weapon's .zon files with a Factor of 100. Didn't work. Maybe here is some expert in disassembling, who could find and fix the program error which leads to these instant repair times.
Tried it too and it doesn't work.:down::damn:

h.sie
04-06-10, 03:16 PM
MH,

search for older posts regarding repair time. there was much research on this topic. the only success was nvdrifters LRT mod with his known side-effects. there is also a LLRT (little longer repair time) available. I see only one chance: disassemble and patch sh3.exe or sh3.dll. Also tried that - without success.

h.sie

MrKWMonk
04-21-10, 12:14 AM
Don't seem to be able to locate LRT v2.03 Lite. Anyone point me in it's direction?

Many thanks
-kwm

Plissken_04
04-21-10, 01:15 AM
Don't seem to be able to locate LRT v2.03 Lite. Anyone point me in it's direction?

Many thanks
-kwm

Take a Look on this Link
ftp://maikhaas.dyndns.org/Volume_1/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/NVDRIFTER/

So Long

Maik

MrKWMonk
04-21-10, 01:32 AM

Thanks, didn't realise all the versions were bundled together... No wonder I couldn't find it.

Cheers

Plissken_04
04-21-10, 01:52 AM

Thanks, didn't realise all the versions were bundled together... No wonder I couldn't find it.

Cheers

Glad i could help you :up:

So Long

Maik

Sokolov
07-29-10, 05:04 PM
Is this mod compatible with NYGM? And LLRT mod?