PDA

View Full Version : Water Level Efect In The Interior Durning The Heavy Damage.

evan82
01-15-09, 05:13 PM
I have a question If this is possible to do in SH3. I know "modding" only a little, but I think this is good idea. I think about higher, and higher water level in the control room and radio room when we get some serious damage, and less level when we pomping water out. Is this possible to do, or not, and what You Guys think about it?:hmm:

Madox58
01-15-09, 05:35 PM
It may well be possible useing the StateMachine controller.
;)

A Partical Generator called by the StateMachine controller
causes the flashing lights and such.

Weiss Pinguin
01-15-09, 07:26 PM
Do you mean showing actual water in the control/radio rooms when damaged? That would be pretty slick. (lol)

A Very Super Market
01-15-09, 08:01 PM
You'd have to add new animations though, since the XO tends to just stand there, even if the water should be up to his neck.

Faamecanic
01-15-09, 08:24 PM
You'd have to add new animations though, since the XO tends to just stand there, even if the water should be up to his neck.

Bernard should switch to a dive mask and snorkel when the water gets chest high (and a rubber duckie in his left hand) :lol:

Task Force
01-15-09, 08:28 PM
lol:lol: Yea, sounds bernardish enough.:yep:

Madox58
01-15-09, 08:35 PM
They tend to stand there now.
:lol:

I've yet to see any of them try to stop the leak.
:rotfl:

Faamecanic
01-15-09, 08:40 PM
Why Bernard stands there like an idiot as the sub sinks:

Kaluen: Stop those pipes leaking!!! Plug those leaks up in the hull DAMNIT....DONT JUST STAND THERE BERNARD

Bernard: I would love to Herr Kaluen...but when I forgot to open the toilet dump valve before flushing the head, allowing all the "debris" from the overflow to flow into your cabin you NAILED MY FEET TO THE DECK!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

evan82
01-15-09, 09:33 PM
Hey Guys. I'm serious. If it is not possible just tell me this. Didn't you ever seen a water in the historical photos from the controol rooms for example. Hey Guys. You are realy think this is a joke? I sugests to read more books then. If this is not possible in game, just tell me this. If this is not possible, then what abot a work on the some Rubinis nodes fitted correctly into the control room?
I expect some short answer. Yes or no. I don't have a time for jokes. When I writing this I have a hope that the someone can told me is this can be done or not. And not only a game is important here. I heard to many jokes in my life. I don't have a time for this realy. If it is not possible. Good. Thank You guys.

Madox58
01-15-09, 10:56 PM
Read my first reply.

It's totally possible.
One just has to modify a Partical Generator,
then re-work a StateMachine controller.

evan82
01-15-09, 11:09 PM
Read my first reply.

It's totally possible.
One just has to modify a Partical Generator,
then re-work a StateMachine controller.
I can read Polish better. The one of the first words from English which I know when I was a 10 years about, was "No" and "Yes" = "Nie" i "Tak" in Polish. So tell me simply. Is my sugestions are possible or not. It's like a television show. "Yes" or "No":D. But now Your answer [no offence] is no important to me after all this posts. And do You know why? Because I'm not sure if You telling me true now.

Madox58
01-15-09, 11:36 PM
Tak
:lol:

evan82
01-15-09, 11:44 PM
Tak
:lol: Dziekuje. To wiele wyjasnia.:lol: Thanks. It explain many things.:lol:

urfisch
01-16-09, 05:39 AM
this is a mod all sh3 players dream of since 2005...

i wonder privateer stated its possible, but no one has done it so far.

Madox58
01-16-09, 07:15 AM
It's pretty simple why it hasn't been done.

Very few people understand the Generators so they don't mess with them much.
Until S3D came along?
Everything had to be done by hex and not many understand hex.

Not many people really dig into certain files and go
"hmmmm?"
:hmm:

The Particals stuff is very powerful stuff.
As are other controllers if you work them right.
;)

urfisch
01-16-09, 07:28 AM
ok, understand.

but IMO the water level would not be generated by particles-gen! the water isnt a particel generated thing. the spray, yes...but not the water itself. or do you mean to link a particlgen to the water and get this way a waterlevel in the commandsection?...

complicated coding stuff. nothing for me...

Madox58
01-16-09, 07:33 AM
You'd mod a generator to show the water much like the srpay is done.
By changeing values, you'd have it rise as long as the State said you had damage.
It would slow and stop riseing when that state changed.
Then it would lower as the generator ended.
Much like the rings of a shell splash.

It's all in the Particals files!

Good Ju Ju in those.
:up:

urfisch
01-16-09, 08:49 AM
nice...if youre right. but not "I would"...maybe YOU would? seems as if you exactly know what to do!...im more or less a 2d,3d artist. no coding genius.

evan82
01-16-09, 11:15 AM
You'd mod a generator to show the water much like the srpay is done.
By changeing values, you'd have it rise as long as the State said you had damage.
It would slow and stop riseing when that state changed.
Then it would lower as the generator ended.
Much like the rings of a shell splash.

It's all in the Particals files!

Good Ju Ju in those.
:up: This discusion have sense now.

I also thinking erlier about this alternate way for some more interior efects, but to me this is some more complicated than reworking water streams for XXI:yep:. Someone made this before?

LordNeuro"Serbia"
01-16-09, 12:21 PM
Only thing we need is to clon a Privateer in large numbers and thets it. Thean would we have all the mod we wish for and it is possibol too doo. Or dont let him sleep , eat and doo eny athere things:rotfl: but sh3 moding.

Now just 1 qvestion for u Privateer any wey too make flag mod and u53 eagle mod work in the same time and in the same sub. Bouth is using turn or what the hel is theat. And i will love too see a flage and theat nice eagle on my VII type boot.
Cheers

Madox58
01-16-09, 01:42 PM
Take the parts from one Turm and plant them in the other.
Easiest to take the Eagle stuff and put it in the Flag Turm thing.

Madox58
01-16-09, 04:14 PM
Only thing we need is to clon a Privateer in large numbers and thets it. Thean would we have all the mod we wish for and it is possibol too doo. Or dont let him sleep , eat and doo eny athere things:rotfl: but sh3 moding.

Most anyone who puts thier mind to the job can do the samethings I do.
And I talk to many people about the Controllers.
They teach me things or point things out.
Ref infact, pointed me to the StateMachine Controllers.
It was a totally different subject I asked about,
but I started looking at them and saw the possabilities.

There are a great number of people here who can do this,
and much more.
S3D gave them the power.

Play with the files, try totally stupid, what if type things!
Fail 1000 times!
But learn.

Each failure leads closer to success.
And then, one day when you lest expect it?
You blunder into something!

Those are the days I work towards.
:yep:

And yesterday was one of those days.
;)

LordNeuro"Serbia"
01-16-09, 04:27 PM
Take the parts from one Turm and plant them in the other.
Easiest to take the Eagle stuff and put it in the Flag Turm thing.
Is these english:damn: I know i dont know english, but damn. I didnt andusturd a thing , and not to say i dont know what i need too doo.:damn::damn:.

Is theat a lots of work too doo. If not i will ask for the favor from u Privateer too if u dont have time make it little bet isear for noob like me too anderstud what too doo. but thx for u replay:up:

Madox58
01-16-09, 04:43 PM
Send me a link to the Eagle Turm.
I did some modified files for the flag stuff a week or two ago.
If I can get another copy of those?
I'll see what I can do.