PDA

View Full Version : Request - Periscope Cross Night Attack

Lobster
01-14-09, 04:09 AM
Hey Guys.. .

looking for a Night Attack Periscope Crosshair.
The Crosshair of Stock is Black and i cant see it good at Night.. .

Anybody have a Mod to Change the Color in... dark gray ? (or else)

thanks to all modders

[terrible english from a german guy]

Letum
01-14-09, 06:06 AM
What mods are you using atm?

Lobster
01-14-09, 06:28 AM
GWX 3.0

+ 16km Atmosphere
+ Captain America Officer Icons
+ Enhanced Damage Effects
+ Integrated Orders
+ Open Hatch Mod

The search proved this is only with a graphic possible.

Dowly
01-14-09, 07:29 AM
I always though the cross was green at night in the stock SHIII? Or does GWX change that?

Lobster
01-14-09, 08:21 AM
Recently I had very bad weather at Day in Skageraak (Rain, Fog) and the HUD has dont switched to red at day (for green crosshairs).
[unfortunately, I have none screenshots :-?]

i want change the stock day crosshair color (black) to a dark gray or else to improve the sight at dark, foggy days..

Excuses if it to misunderstood comes by my bad English.

Hitman
01-14-09, 10:12 AM
The crosshair is hardcoded in the game. It appears black and changes automatically to green when red light switches -also automatically- on.

You can put a new crosshair in the Alpha channel of the periscope.tga, but it will then hide the true crosshair, and hence, when it turns green you will not see it; the new one you placed there will be visible on top of the real one. The only solution would be to put a new crosshair in the Alpha channel and also make it green. It would be green also at day, but then when light goes out it would still be visible.

Private_paula
01-14-09, 10:22 AM
I know what you mean. Had a situation like you, too.
When the game sais its daytime an no red light is switched on like in the night, its hard to see the crosshair in the scope.

Edit:
dang. hitman was faster than me while i was on the phone ;)

Lobster
01-14-09, 11:01 AM
The crosshair is hardcoded in the game. It appears black and changes automatically to green when red light switches -also automatically- on.

You can put a new crosshair in the Alpha channel of the periscope.tga, but it will then hide the true crosshair, and hence, when it turns green you will not see it; the new one you placed there will be visible on top of the real one. The only solution would be to put a new crosshair in the Alpha channel and also make it green. It would be green also at day, but then when light goes out it would still be visible.

Thanks for the Tips.. .

Unfortunately, I do not know a lot with Photoshop or GIMP so i can edit the graphics by myself.
It is not such a big problem with the crosshair, I will be able to play with it ;)

Thank you !