PDA

View Full Version : RFB sonar noise frustraiting

Danger
01-11-09, 10:23 AM
hi all, i have recently( today) installed the 1.5 add on. i also removed triggar maru and installed the rfb mod with patch.

when i submerge and go to the sonar station, i have a very annoying noise that stops me hearing sonar contacts. its like a garbles morse code radio noise.
any idea ?

AVGWarhawk
01-11-09, 11:27 AM
I suspect you have some left over TMO files handing around on your hard drive. In this situation, I would do a complete uninstall of the game. Delete the old saved games found in MY DOCUMENTS and delete the UBI file found in the programs. Re-install the game plus the uboat add on. Get JSGME again and set up. Then get RFB installed. For some reason, SH3/4 like to be installed on a hard drive free of any left over files/mod from previous installs.

Danger
01-11-09, 11:29 AM
thanks for the quick response, i will try that now. :)

Danger
01-11-09, 11:56 AM
no go :cry: did all above deleted everything. total re-enstall, played on stock all ok, added RFB and tha noise came back,

Danger
01-11-09, 12:13 PM
looked into the soundfiles, and found the file Radio Room Telemetry.wav put a - infront

Webster
01-11-09, 01:27 PM
did you use a new fresh copy of RFB? often the mods get corrupted as well as the game so start over fresh with everything.

thats why i keep copies of all mods in zip form on a disk so i always have a fresh backup of them, even and especially if the mod becomes lost.

Danger
01-11-09, 06:26 PM
yep, downloaded it today, also did a full re install of sh4 and u-boat missions.

i also noticed that the hydrophone sounds weird, i listen to the prop wash of ships but it sounds tinny and scratchy. nothing like stock or tmaru

Webster
01-11-09, 09:40 PM
well all you have to do is find the offending file and delete it from RFB that will leave the stock file in place when you reload RFB.

or you can copy the tmaru file into the proper RFB folder and that will replace the bad sounding file with the tmaru sound.

also lukeFF would like to know about stuff like this so PM him about it so he can get it fixed. modders like for their mods to be as good as they can be so we need to know when something isnt right.

LukeFF
01-11-09, 11:14 PM
The morse code sound you are hearing is coming from the radio room in the U-boat interiors. Sadly, I don't know how to fix it so that it only plays with the boat surfaced.

All of the sonar sounds come from training records made during the war. Other than cutting them so they loop properly, nothing else has been done to them. I suggest checking your sound card to make sure it's set up right.

vanjast
01-12-09, 03:55 PM
i also noticed that the hydrophone sounds weird, i listen to the prop wash of ships but it sounds tinny and scratchy. nothing like stock or tmaru

In RFB the guys have added a real life ship hydrophone audio file, which includes the pulsations of the ships engines...
The problem here is that the game engine intoduces (superimposes) it's own game ship speed related 'pulses' over this RL audio file, and you hear the 'double whammy'....
:D

LukeFF
01-12-09, 09:48 PM
In RFB the guys have added a real life ship hydrophone audio file, which includes the pulsations of the ships engines...
The problem here is that the game engine intoduces (superimposes) it's own game ship speed related 'pulses' over this RL audio file, and you hear the 'double whammy'....
:D

...except that I've muted out those "extra" files. :know:

vanjast
01-17-09, 03:27 PM
I decided to do a little searching for some original sonar/hydrophone recordings (modern and old) of all sea going vehicles.. All I can say is that on 90% of the recordings the prop pulsations were clearly audible and easy to count with regard to ship speed.
:ping:

Danger
01-19-09, 08:03 AM
mine sound like loads of water bubbles which overpower the sounds of the props turning, where did you get the recordings anyway, i did a search but found nothing i could do a comparison with.

LukeFF
01-19-09, 08:10 PM
mine sound like loads of water bubbles which overpower the sounds of the props turning, where did you get the recordings anyway, i did a search but found nothing i could do a comparison with.

http://www.hnsa.org/sound/index.htm#jp