PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft wont let me run 1.4b patch,help please

sea snake
01-10-09, 07:28 PM
ive used the patch just 3 days ago but today its saying program file unknown version. i had to uninstall because i messed up my mod enabler so was trying to reinstall so i could get my enabler back . but now ubisoft wont run my silent hunter 3. its a legal copy ive had for years and was playing gwx 3.0 the last few days. help please.

bigboywooly
01-10-09, 07:32 PM
When you say unknown version what exactly does it say

Usually it doesnt recognise one file as being from 1.0 or later patches

Depending on the file it mentions just go into your SilentHunterIII folder and delete the file named
Usually works then
File is being replaced by the patch so is safe to do BUT post the exact message first
Just in case

sea snake
01-10-09, 07:50 PM
it says ( the program can not update the installed version of silent hunter 3 US DVD v1.0 to v1.3 because of the following reason) (C:\program files\ubisoft\silent hunter 3\data\menu\de_help.txt: unknown version) thanks for the quick reply and for future help

HW3
01-10-09, 08:21 PM
That one is safe to delete. There are usually 4 .txt files left behind by the uninstaller which usually have to be deleted by hand before the patch will work.

owner20071963
01-10-09, 08:41 PM
Just a quick note
if you have Vista
go to SH3 Ubi Folder,
At Top you See
Compatibility Files?
Click on it,
Delete Them,
Now try Fresh Install.
For Vista Users Only,
Hope this Helps.

sea snake
01-10-09, 09:22 PM
how do i get to that file,im not a computer guy. all ive done is uninstall and go to registry and delete ubisoft file.

makman94
01-10-09, 09:37 PM
how do i get to that file,im not a computer guy. all ive done is uninstall and go to registry and delete ubisoft file.

1.unistall tha game (via dvd is prefered)
2.delete the ubisoft folder from the all program files
3.delete the sh3 folder from my documents

then reboot and install the game and reboot again

after that try the patch.if you get error message that means that you don't use the right version of the patch (there are many versions of 1.4 patch depeding if your game is from dvd or download or europe or usa)
you will find them,here: http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/updates.php

bye

owner20071963
01-10-09, 09:45 PM
1.unistall tha game (via dvd is prefered)
2.delete the ubisoft folder from the all program files
3.delete the sh3 folder from my documents

then reboot and install the game and reboot again

after that try the patch.if you get error message that means that you don't use the right version of the patch (there are many versions of 1.4 patch depeding if your game is from dvd or download or europe or usa)
you will find them,here: http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/updates.php

bye
If You have Vista I Suggest
Delete All Compatibility Files,
Before Clean Install.

sea snake
01-10-09, 09:47 PM
hey guys thanks,i got it,yyyaaaayyyyy. i figured out that you can get to those files through (run) the same way i get to regedit,thank you,thank you,thank you.now all i have to do is redownload GWX 3.0 and ill be sinking ships.