PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Desk Photo in Harbor Office in GWX 3.0

panthercules
01-10-09, 01:17 AM
Ok - I know there's a thread on this somewhere but so far I haven't been able to find it via the search function, so maybe some kind soul will just tell me where this is and save me some time. I'm trying to replace the photo on the desk in the harbor office (where you pick your sub upgrades, crew medals/replacements etc., check your medals in the box, etc.), but I have been unable to locate the .dat file or wherever it is that the images for the office and this photo are stored (using GWX 3.0).

Can anybody point me to the correct file (and maybe even the correct node/number in Silent 3ditor, if it's in one of the really big files and you remember which one is this one)?

Thanks in advance :)

panthercules
01-10-09, 02:35 AM
LOL - nevermind - I was browsing around for some other stuff and stumbled across it already - it's in just a plain .tga file: data\Menu\Data\Birou01Strech.tga

Skewing the picture to fit in the angled frame was a bit of a pain, but it was well worth it :)

LordNeuro"Serbia"
01-10-09, 06:04 AM
Maybe a picture of u work will bee nice. I will love too see a change u maid too the office.:up:

panthercules
01-10-09, 09:03 AM
Maybe a picture of u work will bee nice. I will love too see a change u maid too the office.:up:
LOL - not really that special, but since you asked for it - just a picture of me and Onkel Karl :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/Cladean/PantherandDoenitzondesk.jpg

LordNeuro"Serbia"
01-10-09, 09:15 AM
But i thote u were going too change the kole room. But i iwll love too put same custom pic in the freame too. It is nice eye candy. Good work and thx for replay.:up:
Theat way i love subsim:sunny:

panthercules
01-10-09, 09:22 AM
But i thote u were going too change the kole room. But i iwll love too put same custom pic in the freame too. It is nice eye candy. Good work and thx for replay.:up:
Theat way i love subsim:sunny:

Thanks. And yeah - this plsce is great - kudos to Onkel Neal and the whole Subsim crowd :up:

Changing the whole office is way beyond my skill level, and besides I really like the way it looks in GWX 3.0 anyway. I just wanted to give it a little "personal" touch, which I've also done with some of the interior u-boat pictures and the officers' faces in the crew management screen, but I hadn't been able to find the harbor office desk location until now 'cause I was thinking it was buried in some .dat file somewhere and it was actually hiding in plain sight in that .tga file all along :doh: