PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials for modding

Archive1
01-08-09, 07:52 PM
As I recall there used to be a thread listing some tutorials for doing modding, but I no longer can find it. Anybody know what I mean and, if so, where the information is?
I'd like to try my hand at 'dinging-up' some of the subs' interior surfaces. Am familiar with aircraft cockpit 'aging/scratches/etc' in flight sims and it gives a more 'lived-in' appearance. But I need some tutorial hand-holding to get started on the graphics manipulation.
Am not interested in working on function or on 'engineering' via S3D (great program but not my arena) just on working on sub interior visuals via graphics artwork manipulators - first I need to be able to open the surfaces of things inside the sub in order to work on them.

Philipp_Thomsen
01-08-09, 08:14 PM
As I recall there used to be a thread listing some tutorials for doing modding, but I no longer can find it. Anybody know what I mean and, if so, where the information is?
I'd like to try my hand at 'dinging-up' some of the subs' interior surfaces. Am familiar with aircraft cockpit 'aging/scratches/etc' in flight sims and it gives a more 'lived-in' appearance. But I need some tutorial hand-holding to get started on the graphics manipulation.
Am not interested in working on function or on 'engineering' via S3D (great program but not my arena) just on working on sub interior visuals via graphics artwork manipulators - first I need to be able to open the surfaces of things inside the sub in order to work on them.

From the matrix, Morpheus quote: "Unfortunally, no one can be tought how to mod. You have to know it by yourself."

J/k mate...

Any questions about how to mod something, I'll be glad to help out. Contact me via pm.

:up:

11Bravo
01-11-09, 05:43 AM
Look in this thread for a link to a modding tutorial.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145593

Archive1
01-12-09, 10:38 PM
11Bravo:
Thanks for the reference but it doesn't move along the path I'd like to take. I want to be able to work graphically with the interior things of the sub. As I mentioned before, I believe that type of work will require more than just using S3D to play with the *.dat files or with the 'interior' files of each sub, I think it will require some 3 dimensional graphics file manipulation using a 3-D graphics program, and that will require (certainly for me) some type of tutorial on how to use those programs.

Appreciate the response.