PDA

View Full Version : Hitzones in the Ship Recording Manual?

Awful Smutje
01-08-09, 06:09 AM
Ahoi!

I had a mod for my old Stock-SH3 wich added the hitzones to my Recording Manual (like Engine Room, Fuel Bunker, Keel, Rudder...) permanently, that you can fire on these copartments manually on bigger distances than 1km.

Is there a Mod for GWX 3.0 wich does the same?

I already looked at the .tga files for the SRM but I couldn't find a easy way to do it myself. I hoped that there were a second .tga wich is fading in when the enemy ship is in range, but I couldn't find such. Maybe it's in another folder.

I found in the .cfg files something like X/Y-coordinates under the point [2DCompartments], but I don't know how it works.

I hoped someone of you can help me with it. If there's no such mod, I think I do it myself, sharing it with the community, if you're interested. But still, its just an idea.

P.S.: One way I can imagine, is that I can take screenshots of every enemy ship in the game, when the compartments are shown in the SRM. By using the Mission Editor to generate a mission with all ships. But that would be probably a pain in the ass way to do it...

bigboywooly
01-08-09, 11:47 AM
IIRC the zones themselves only came into play when under 1000metres

Most shipping that isnt stock wont work with that mod anyway
Most stock shipping wont work with it either in GWX

The mod took its info from the ships Sea folder cfg

[2DCompartments]
UnitPos=42,2,426,25
NbOfComp=4
Name1=Propulsion
Area1=58,5,30,18
Name2=Keel
Area2=164,2,187,10
Name3=Engines Room
Area3=207,13,52,18
Name4=Fuel Bunkers
Area4=261,13,30,18

As new units have been built using stock shipping no one has ever changed those values
Even if the ship is longer\shorter\engines in a diff place etc than the original

Awful Smutje
01-08-09, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I think I my first post might be confusing...

The old mod changed only the .tga graphics in the SRM. When you want to fire at a compartment by just klicking on the hitzone, you had to be within 1000m range to the target. But if you are outside these 1000m you can aim at them with your periscope and the right torpedo depth. The hitzones were just marked on the .tga file. Wich can be done on a weekend full of Photoshop-fun, editing the .tga's. ;)

But how can I achive the graphics of the hitzones, to add them to the graphics of the SRM? (Without taking screenshots, if it's possible... ;))

bigboywooly
01-08-09, 02:53 PM
No I didnt mis understand your post
Even if you add the graphics back in the torpedo wont be targetting the correct location
AFAIK you will have to photoshop the sils for all the new units not in the mod - if someone has it

And even then it wont work as did in stock

EDIT

Found in one of my back up discs

http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/3c2fcfca6f/MerchantVulnMod

Lagger123987
01-08-09, 03:23 PM
Is there a way to have those zones shown over 1000m? My stepbrother wants to know.

Awful Smutje
01-08-09, 03:25 PM
Hmm, ok. Then I missunderstood you. (my english isn't the best ;))

I thought it worked, when I used it with my old SH3. And in my last Patrol (GWX 3.0), I fired a single torpedo under the front guns of a Southhampton where I expected the Ammo Bunkers and I got nice fireworks and a single torpedo kill (about 2km distance), so I thought this might work.

But I don't know enough about the damage system of SH3, my modding experience is very limited. (Mostly editing .cfg files and other easy stuff.)

EDIT: @Lagger123987: That's the point ;)
@bigboywooly: I just looked at your upload. It does exactly the same, like my old mod. I had just a german version. And this does't work? *confused*

bigboywooly
01-08-09, 03:52 PM
Not sure they will show over 1000 metres
Tis hardcoded somewhere I expect

It MAY work Smutje

What I am trying to say is
When you click on the part of the ship you want to hit ( if you are under 1000m ) thats where the torp should go with or without the ID manual boxes

However
When you click say on the propulsion of lets say the Liberty
Sh3 uses these co ordinates on the cfg

Name1=Propulsion
Area1=58,5,30,18

Now the Liberty is 147m long

The M09 ( one of Iambecomes fleet ) is made from the Liberty BUT is only 88m long
On the cfg are the same co ordinates
Name1=Propulsion
Area1=58,5,30,18

So if you was to click on the propulsion and fire your torp it may well miss the stern of the ship completely as those figures are outside of the ships model

So it may work on some ships but not others
And IIRC during the build of GWX 2 rezoning was done to some ships to improve the damage model
So again even if you aim at the fuel bunker
Name4=Fuel Bunkers
Area4=261,13,30,18

The zone that was there may have moved so you wont get the big explosion you were expecting

Does that make sense ???

Awful Smutje
01-09-09, 01:19 PM
Yes, it looks like it wouldn't be so easy as I thought... :dead:

But thanks for answering my questions with patience.
Without your advice this could have been a "Try & Error" session, without knowing why it doesn't work properly.

Too bad, I liked lurking beneath the surface like a crocodile, waiting for the right moment to fire a single, deadly torpedo. Not very realistic, but fun. :arrgh!: (I used an ancient NYGM Shipdamage Mod, the most ships cracked into half, if you hit the right spot. ;) *sigh* These were happy times...)

Thanks again!
Next time more, "I don't know how to do it, but might this work?" questions. :D

bigboywooly
01-09-09, 01:31 PM
It does work for some ships not all
Used it myself funnily enough yesterday after being in this thread - dont have the coloured sils ingame but on some ships still allows you to click the right areas
Just not all
:lol:

Await your next "I don't know how to do it, but might this work?" question. :D

:rotfl:

Hartmann
01-09-09, 08:56 PM
I had the same mod instaled time ago with RUB. :yep:

it show all hit zones at all moment when you use the recon book, independent of the realism settings, distance, and other factors

i donīt know it it will work with GW and i think that the new ships are not represented.

Here is a sample of the mod in my screenshots collection.

http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh3img1352006233416562bxf0.jpg

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sh3img1352006233410671btl3.jpg

http://imageshack.us%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4496/sh3img1352006233410671btl3.jpg