PDA

View Full Version : Recovering my old DW?

Enigma
01-06-09, 07:51 PM
I purchased DW from sonalysts a couple of years ago. I wasn't able to find the answer on their website, but...

Since I downloaded my version, is there a way I can go back and download my copy again? I have since purchased a new machine, and would like to get back in to DW, but I don't want to pay for it again...

Thanks,

Blacklight
01-06-09, 09:47 PM
I think you just get Steam, put in your old account and password, and download the thing again.

OneShot
01-07-09, 06:22 AM
If you got it from Strategy First then I think you just have to contact their customer support with some sort of payment verification and then you can download it from their website again. If you bought/downloaded it from Battlefront then you better contact SCS directly because you might be in for some trouble (due to the fact that BF doesnt sell DW anymore and hasnt done so for a considerable amount of time).

Enigma
01-07-09, 03:55 PM
Geez. I don't know where the hell I got it.

Oh well. I hear it's $10 at Target these days!

Caseck
01-10-09, 07:08 PM
Digital Downloads are usually pretty short lived, unless you backup to CD. They don't keep the stream open for more than a week on most sites.

You're better off browsing the discount bins or searching Amazon and such.

Castout
01-12-09, 09:43 PM
Well digital download sucks...better copy the content to CDs/DVDs right away next time

Fincuan
01-12-09, 10:12 PM
Most, probably all, digital download stores allow you to re-download the file as long as you want these days. Would be really bad for business not to allow it.

goldorak
01-13-09, 04:18 AM
Most, probably all, digital download stores allow you to re-download the file as long as you want these days. Would be really bad for business not to allow it.

You would be surprised to know just how wrong your statement is.