PDA

View Full Version : Periscope depth = annoying

PoweredBySoy
01-06-09, 06:15 PM
I'm finding that the default periscope depth to be a few feet too deep for my optics. Especially the Observation scope. Even during calm seas the waves are almost constantly washing over the lens - making it almost useless.

Is there any way to modify what the default periscope depth ('P') would be? As of now what I usually do is just manually adjust my depth about 5-8 feet shallower. Also, by doing so, do you think it allows the AI to spot me more easily? I mean, does the AI know I'm above standard periscope depth - even if it's just a few feet? Not sure how the AI and spotting mechanics work in this game.

Running 1.5 with the latest TM Overhaul.

PoweredBySoy
01-06-09, 06:17 PM
I apologize - this probably shouldn't have been posted under the mod forum.

Soundman
01-06-09, 06:38 PM
Just set your depth as deep as you can without obstructing your scope view, you should be OK. 6 or 8 ft shallower than PS depth may leave you with more than your scope exposed though. I find if I have my scope raised fully and set depth just deep enough for the lens to get the occasional spash, it's hard to be seen and detection is difficult unless enemies are close. This of course, depends upon weather, time of day, DD's vs Merchants, what mods your using, etc.

Webster
01-06-09, 08:47 PM
Is there any way to modify what the default periscope depth ('P') would be? Running 1.5 with the latest TM Overhaul.

yes, i have already done this for you and reset the starting depths for all the stock missions so they start at the correct periscope depths. it will also fix about a dozen surface ships with incorrect draft heights.

find it here: http://files.filefront.com/WEBSTERs+Ship+Draft+Fix+v15/;11081597;/fileinfo.html

banjo
01-07-09, 02:16 PM
Thanks Webster, I've always liked your stuff--particularly your torpedo mods.

banjo
01-07-09, 02:19 PM
Also, is this mod compatible with the latest TMO? Thx.

Webster
01-07-09, 03:23 PM
Also, is this mod compatible with the latest TMO? Thx.

i havent tested it but if you install my mod last it may undo any changes tmo made to ship drafts if any but jsgme will tell you if it does. if i had access to my files i could tell you how to create a tmo version but im still about a month away from having my room back.

banjo
01-07-09, 03:27 PM
Thanks--not sure what you said in the first sentence, but rather than getting the dreaded "Report this Error to MS" screen (which I have seen so many, many times using mods) I'll wait until you come up with something--or not.

Webster
01-07-09, 07:01 PM
Thanks--not sure what you said in the first sentence, but rather than getting the dreaded "Report this Error to MS" screen (which I have seen so many, many times using mods) I'll wait until you come up with something--or not.

it should work but you need to load my mod last after TMO

if you notice something odd then let me know. :up:

banjo
01-07-09, 10:31 PM
Wilco