PDA

View Full Version : surface ships selfdestruction

lionn77
01-04-09, 08:05 AM
I wanted to have some fun while leaving for my first patrol, fired a few shells at a Swedish merchant, a few torpedoes at the Tirpitz and all ships opened fire at my sub but they quickly blew up due to their own gunfire. Is there any patch available to solve that bug?

bigboywooly
01-04-09, 08:14 AM
They wont blow up due to their own gunfire but by being hit by other ships
The AI is dumb in that it only sees you and not whats inbetween
So vessels from behind say the Tirpitz will fire at you but hit it instead

No way to change that

I guess not opening fire in your own port at your own shipping would go a long way to solving it :doh:

Woof1701
01-04-09, 11:03 AM
I guess not opening fire in your own port at your own shipping would go a long way to solving it :doh:

Oh come on, don't spoil the fun. I think most of us have done that once or twice, just to see what'll happen :smug:

A Very Super Market
01-04-09, 12:12 PM
Yeah, since all the ships are docked and unmovable, they will inevitably hit one of their own. Then that provokes all-out chaos where the AI thinks that every ship has gone "rogue" when they are actually just responding to another "rogue" attack

Also, the Tirpitz took me 8(!) torpedoes to sink.

Madox58
01-04-09, 02:21 PM
They don't have to be docked.

They'll do it every chance they get.

Murr44
01-05-09, 09:02 AM
I once turned "traitor" & put 3 torpedoes into the Scharnhorst while docked at Brest. Just screwing around...:D

bigboywooly
01-05-09, 10:24 AM
During testing have sunk just about every KM ship there was
:rotfl:
Some missions lasted a very short time
But a necessary evil all the same

Water boy
01-07-09, 03:58 PM
YOU DID WHAT!.................:o
Those who did should all be kielhauled or enrolled in the 'Socko rules' club.:arrgh!:

Now shooting at the kill stealing Luftwaffe I accept, :rock:
Hell - even I tried hitting them when I got bored shooting at the seagulls but fellow Kreigsmarine................ shame on you all.:nope:

A Very Super Market
01-07-09, 07:33 PM
Whatever happened to Socko and his adventures anyways?

As for your fellow kreigsmariners, they probably had some high officials onboards ordering them around, otherwise no one would care.