PDA

View Full Version : Hull thickness increase

SpeedyPC
01-04-09, 12:42 AM
Guys,

How do I increase the sub hull thickness when going down deeper, and how far can the depth charge got down before the click click click goes off with a bang.

PS. Happy New Years to all.

A Very Super Market
01-04-09, 12:49 AM
If you go below 300m, the depth charge will dissapear without a trace. XXI to the rescue, eh? There was another thread about editing crush depth for the other models...

SpeedyPC
01-04-09, 01:26 AM
Well I'm nowhere need the XXI to the rescue yet, I'm battling in August 1942 I was hunting a Large Task Force along with 4 battleships, 2 Aircraft Carriers, 2 Heavy Cruisers, 2 Light Cruisers and 8 Destroyers heading towards England near Greenland area. I already gave two fish each per 1 carrier for another words I'm killing two carriers.

And I had 4 Destroyers depth charging me like and angry mother smacking me forcing me to go past 185m deep with an IXB u-boat, she must be very mad smacking me with a bucket loads of depth charge I've already had 4 crewmen dead, and one watch officer bady hurted my medi-doctor is treating him now and he is heading slowly towards death.

How can I know which type of destroyer carry a load of depth charge per ship.

A Very Super Market
01-04-09, 02:05 AM
Shamelessly copied from Sub Ace.

In order to edit crush depth you need to have silent 3ditor found here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571 with that program you then select open and then go to the data folder then click on the submarine folder and then on the sub you want to edit. Then you need to open the sensors(or .zon) file. after that you then click on colisionable object and click on crash depth and edit the value to what you want which by the way is in meters. Also do not exceed a depth of 500 meters (1640 ft) or the game will crash.

The number of depth charges is limited, I read that somewhere, but I'm not sure of the number. It doesn't matter though, because they don't usually run out when there are more than one of them.

SpeedyPC
01-04-09, 02:17 AM
Thanks for your help and I have one small question what does ArmorLevel means in the colisionable object sections :hmm:

A Very Super Market
01-04-09, 02:24 AM
Sorry, no idea. As I said, my other post was shamelessly copied from Sub Ace.

NGT
01-04-09, 10:45 AM
Thanks for your help and I have one small question what does ArmorLevel means in the colisionable object sections :hmm:
Hello SpeedyPC

IMHO ArmorLevel is the . . . level of your ….armour/armor in cm of thickness.

A different level of armor has been allocated for every part of U-boot. This one you found inside .zon file, inside Submarine folder, concerns the hull.

This value DO NOT concerns your ability to go deeper, but the ability of enemy shells and depth charges to penetrate you/damage you.

Exemple: U-boot Tower Armor Level 20. Shell from destroyers canon hit you with shell having ArmorLevel 18 → no damage for you. Other battleships canon hit you with shell having ArmorLevel 25 (25 bigger than 20) → You take damage and you loose hitpoints.

In My Hubble Opinion, as I said. . .

Hope you understand my English. . . :lol:

SpeedyPC
01-04-09, 02:57 PM
NGT,

Thanks mate :up: now I fully understand what's ArmorLevel do I thought I was on the right track the standard default ArmorLevel show at 10 when I looked at it, so I better leave this alone at 10.