PDA

View Full Version : OLC's GUI; included in GWX 3?

Nimmo55
01-03-09, 06:34 PM
Hello colleagues. I have two questions:

1) Is the latest version of the excellent OLC GUI periscope/attack finder mod included as an integral part of the newly released GWX 3. consolidated mod? If not, what is the latest version of the OLC GUI mod and where can I get it?

2) And I take it all I need is the GWX 3 mod; no other critical/atmospherics/realism mods to add that people think indispensible?

Grateful views.

Thank you in anticipation.

Nimmo55
Canberra
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/user_online.gif

Weiss Pinguin
01-03-09, 07:11 PM
1) OLC's GUI mod is not included with GWX 3. You can get it here (http://www.bts-mods.com/?page=sh3-interfacemods-page1). (Scroll down to GUI 1.2.7, which is the latest version)

2) All you need is GWX 3.0 and a clean install of SH3 1.4 to play. However, many people use OLC's Ubermod, which greatly enhances the environment. I believe some elements are included in GWX 3, but not the full package. The only reason I personally don't use it is because it reduces my game to a slideshow, as my machine is getting kinda old. It's a fantastic looking slideshow, but a slideshow nonetheless. :lol:

StarLion45
01-03-09, 07:29 PM
:o Huh!?! :o

I thought the OLC was includen in the
" new " 16km Atmosphere in GWX 3.0 Gold :hmm:

Philipp_Thomsen
01-03-09, 08:16 PM
:o Huh!?! :o

I thought the OLC was includen in the
" new " 16km Atmosphere in GWX 3.0 Gold :hmm:

OLC ENVIRONMENT is one thing.
OLC GUI is another.

StarLion45
01-03-09, 10:18 PM
Sorry:oops:

AH_Thor
01-04-09, 12:01 AM
:hmm:

Nimmo55
01-04-09, 01:12 AM
Ok...tks for the answers. After scrolling through the forums, I think I have it right when I say the GWX 3 includes the OLC environmental mod; the difference between OLC's uber mod and the 16 environmental GWX mod is one of a few minor things - I think.

Can someone confirm that the GWX 3 16 km mod IS OLC's mod? If not, which one actually is the 'full' deal...looks better...is more realistic? Because I'll use that one, whichever one it is. Anyone?

Tks.

Nimmo55
Canberra :)

Philipp_Thomsen
01-04-09, 01:58 AM
Ok...tks for the answers. After scrolling through the forums, I think I have it right when I say the GWX 3 includes the OLC environmental mod; the difference between OLC's uber mod and the 16 environmental GWX mod is one of a few minor things - I think.

Can someone confirm that the GWX 3 16 km mod IS OLC's mod? If not, which one actually is the 'full' deal...looks better...is more realistic? Because I'll use that one, whichever one it is. Anyone?

Tks.

Nimmo55

GWX 3.0 has a modified version of OLC's Environment. Basically it's OLC's work with some tweaks by the GWX's guys. Question of taste.

OLC's Environment is a visual enhancement. OLC's GUI is the layout and the tools for solution gathering. OLC's ubermod is nothing but those two put together.

Weiss Pinguin
01-04-09, 03:24 AM
The Ubermod also includes the GUI special (Which, according to the manual, cannot be used without OLCE), which corrects the 'flat waves' effect you see when zoomed in, at the expense of being able to zoom in and out.

Nimmo55
01-04-09, 04:25 AM
Ok..tks to all.

Nimmo55