PDA

View Full Version : St Naz and Locks Mod Question

Ruzbasan
12-31-08, 08:23 PM
I am running GWX 3.0 and used JSGME to install the St. Naz and Schluese mod (the one without the additional ships). When I start a new career from St. Nazaire SH3 locks up at the first mission. The mission loading screen completes loading the mission and then when the program goes to the "Not So Long Ago..." screen just before going into the mission the game crashes.

When I unstall the St. Naz and Schluese mod SHIII returns to normal and I can start a new career at St. Nazaire. When the first new mission loads, it starts in port at St. Nazaire but there is no port, just water and empty land.

It would be great to get the St. Naz and Schluese mod (no additional ships) to work so that I can have a port at St. Nazaire.
These are the mods I have installed:

GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
Community units
Arrow_Tanker_v1.2
New_T-2_Tanker_v1.0
BBWarspite
RMSLaconia
QueenMaryArmed
QueenElizabethArmed
RMSAquitaniaArmed
RMSTitanicArmed
ssNormandieArmed
SSRexArmed
EoBritainArmed
TSBremen
Pasteur
DneprHS
NPL_Hap
nca_stgiorgio
NPL_HOS
NPL_KDF
Q Ship mod
LifeBoats&Debris_v3B

Any ideas on what might be causing the St. Naz mod to crash?
Any ideas on how I can get the St. Naz mod to work?

bigboywooly
12-31-08, 08:34 PM
When SH3 crashes whats the error ?

When the pop up appears after CTD click on the blue text " click here "

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/ScreenHunter_168-1.jpg

Problem highlighted below

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/ScreenHunter_169-2.jpg

mengle
01-01-09, 12:16 AM
I have also a bug like that first patrol ST Nazare begins in east Africa in the middle of the ocean when i go to the harbor and start a second mission there is no problem. But i think i forgot to delete some old things before the new install.
Ruzbasan if i look to the mods that you have, it could be that your pc can't handle it
community units is for heavy pc

Barrett
01-01-09, 07:51 PM
did you start your campaign very short after st. nazaire was opened?
iirc this happens when SH-III cant find your base, then it simply stes your coordinates to 0-0, which is somewhere off africa ;)

bigboywooly
01-01-09, 08:31 PM
Or if using a career started before adding the St Naz mod in
SH3 cannot match up the position so starts you off Africa
After docking this is righted

Ruzbasan
01-01-09, 08:42 PM
Thank you everyone for your help. I got the mod properly installed and working. It was just the order of mods that caused the problem.

I did a complete reinstall of SH3 and GWX3. Then I enabled the St Naz and Schleuse mod FIRST before any other mods. Then I enabled all the other mods after the St. Naz. It now works perfectly!

Great job on St. Nazaire!!

Barrett
01-01-09, 11:13 PM
guess thats our favorite reason ;)
we would need a tool that checks in which order mods can be installed...but that is sadly impossible, because some mods work with data overritten by other mods, and some don't :(

FIREWALL
01-01-09, 11:21 PM
My only prob with that mod was starting at Kiel and useing Navigator to plot course.

Either Kiel button I clicked plotted course nowhere near th locks or canal.

And this was starting at berth. Not at sea.

bigboywooly
01-02-09, 12:36 AM
My only prob with that mod was starting at Kiel and useing Navigator to plot course.

Hmmmm
Mine plots ok and that mod doesnt touch anything which will affect it

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/gwx3/pattern.jpg

Try JSGME these patterns in
See if makes a difference

http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/48ee787b5c/Patterns

Ruzbasan
01-02-09, 01:02 AM
Sadly, I have to report that after five hours of testing the St. Nazaire and locks mod with GWX 3.0 I have discovered the following:

the St. Nazaire and locks mod works great by itself. But will cause crashes with the Community mod, no matter what order the mods are installed in. Sadly it becomes a choice between a great port or numerous additional ships.In addition, I have also discovered that the following additional mods appear to not be compatible with GWX 3.0, no matter what order they are installed in:

Von Dos's St.Giorgio cruiser mod causes the Averoff which is built into GWX 3.0 to have no main guns. This is very strange. Wasn't the new model of the Averoff included in GWX 3.0 made by Von Dos?
Adding the NPL-KDF and NPL-Hap german steamers to the American and British rosters causes a CTD.Very strange that adding ships to rosters causes a CTD.

bigboywooly
01-02-09, 01:31 AM
Noticed myself yesterday something was causing a CTD
Not had time to sort out what yet

On the thread I released the St Naz mod is a fix for the guns on the St Georgia

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LYUESW90

( The Georgio is in the St Naz and other ships mod and scripted where should be )
Yes it has the same guns as the Averoff but the Averoff guns done by Privateer are now IN the GWX guns dat and have been renamed so they wont show on the Georgio without altering the eqp
Something I didnt realise till afterwards
Doh

The St Naz and other ships mod has all of AOTD_Maxs ships in for Germany and doesnt CTD so not sure why its CTD for you in the US\UK roster
If it works in the Ge one it should work in those

If get time will add the CM ships in one by one to see whichis the problem one
But as Iambecomes MFM is due soon may not be needed as is

FIREWALL
01-02-09, 01:44 AM

Hmmmm
Mine plots ok and that mod doesnt touch anything which will affect it

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/gwx3/pattern.jpg

Try JSGME these patterns in
See if makes a difference

http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/48ee787b5c/Patterns (http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/48ee787b5c/Patterns)

Thx BBW :up: Will try. Maybe it was just a fluke.

mengle
01-02-09, 05:21 AM
did you start your campaign very short after st. nazaire was opened?
iirc this happens when SH-III cant find your base, then it simply stes your coordinates to 0-0, which is somewhere off africa ;)

aha so that's the reason, thanks guys

CapZap1970
02-27-09, 03:55 PM
Gentlemen:
I have a question...
Is it possible to use the Holtenau and Brunsbuetel shleuse mods and the new St. Nazaire Mod with GWX 3.0? If so, could please anybody tell me what steps to follow in order to make them work?
Thank you very much in advance. :yeah:
CapZap

bigboywooly
02-27-09, 05:26 PM
Gentlemen:
I have a question...
Is it possible to use the Holtenau and Brunsbuetel shleuse mods and the new St. Nazaire Mod with GWX 3.0? If so, could please anybody tell me what steps to follow in order to make them work?
CapZap

Replied to your PM Cap
:up:

FIREWALL
02-27-09, 05:36 PM
Reading Iron Coffins for the 4th time it seemed the canal was used early in the war but, was a death trap later on.

CapZap1970
02-27-09, 09:49 PM
Gentlemen:
I have a question...
CapZap
Rgr that! :03:
CapZap

Otto Heinzmeir
02-28-09, 12:33 AM
Gentlemen:
I have a question...
CapZap Rgr that! :03:
CapZap

I have a question that pertains to navigating through the locks. I don't have the locks mod but I used the navigator to plot the course into the locks at the end of mission. This is in GWX 3 but probably applies to any navigation through narrow canals. All the way points were lined up ok as I checked them. But my sub was destroyed by a collision as I was using as high a TC as the game allowed through there. Is it necessary to do the whole trip in real time? I was hoping that you could just auto dock in Kiel once you made it to the canal entrance. I even tried that once but it docked me at the nearest port instead. Upon starting a new mission I couldn't manage my crew because I wasn't at my assigned port in Kiel.

Any work arounds for this?

bigboywooly
02-28-09, 10:32 AM
There are NO moving ships in the canal
Game limitation as they will reverse\beach themselves when you close on them

Have transited the canal many times at 128 with 1024 in places with no ill effects

where was the collision ??

Using the preplotted canal routes there are certain rules that need to be followed

In Kiel
BEFORE moving use the Navigator to plot Kiel out and only then move
Approaching Brunsbuettal
Close to the Kiel inbound marker then use Navigator to plot Kiel inbound then return to course and all should be ok

Approching the inbound points at crazy angles may lead to waypoints being plotted slightly differently

CapZap1970
02-28-09, 11:11 AM
BBW:
I've just enabled the version with AOTD's extra units and it works just fine!!! :rock:
Thanks a lot for your help!
CapZap

bigboywooly
02-28-09, 11:35 AM
BBW:
I've just enabled the version with AOTD's extra units and it works just fine!!! :rock:
Thanks a lot for your help!
CapZap

Thats what we are all here for :yeah: