PDA

View Full Version : I need help in sinking ships...

CaptianT
12-30-08, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I have SH1.5 installed with various mods and am on my fourth patrol (operating with auto target). It seems that I am able to hit ships repeatedly, but they don't seem to sink. For example, the last boat I attacked was a large merchant which I hit with five hits (two on the left both front and middle, and three on the right with front , middle and back hits.) All showed very large holes below the water line. Since I used all my torpedoes getting these hits, I purposely stayed around for 3-4 days and this ship just kept floating there. The same thing has seemed to happen with all the previous boats that I have hit in my previous patrols (probably a total of about 4-5 ships). I seem to put anywhere between 3-5 holes in them, but they keep floating there for many days until I finally give up and leave without any torpedoes left. Is this result normal, or am I not shooting in the correct spot? I never played the original 1.4 version and jumped right away in the TMO mod. Could I possibly have some corruption in my mods installation? If this is normal and I just have a run of bad luck, then I will continue to persevere. I just wanted to make sure that something wasn't installed incorrectly causing this result. The game seems to otherwise be running well.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated by this new "jr" captain wanna be.

Best regards.

Here are the mods that I have installed (in their correct order):

TMO 152
TMO Sboat engine patch
RSRDC - TMOv15- v371
RSRDC - v371 - patch11
TMO - Enable Uboat v3
UBM Mission pack
OM - Plot - v100
Different Smoke (TMO)
Dark recognition manual
HighRess PPI Radar
Highres Dark Hud Dials
ParB's Fewer Radio Contacts
Small Chrono
Small Radar Contacts - Stag1
PhotoRec Fix - TMO all & stock
Betterscopes 1.3 clean

Edit: I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum section. My apologies.

banjo
12-30-08, 03:41 PM
Hmmm....I don't understand what's happeining to you. I have played TMO/RSRDC for months and it seldom takes more than two torpedos to sink any merchant/tankers. This is a new one to me. You might like to try Webster's torpedo mods found in this forum. He gives you 3 different more powerful torpedos to try.

DeepIron
12-30-08, 03:43 PM
You might also try cleaning out the mods you're using and just install a mainstream mod like TMO and it's patches... With your loadout, who knows what kind of problems you may have...

banjo
12-30-08, 03:58 PM
Yes, for one thing TMO has the small clock, so you don't need that mod.

CaptianT
12-30-08, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys. I will go ahead and take everything off other than the TMO mod. Does the RSRD mod effect the TMO campaigns?

banjo
12-30-08, 05:52 PM
TMO and RSRDC are completely compatible. Just make sure you have the correct RSRDC and patch to go with the version of TMO you are using.

CaptianT
12-30-08, 07:34 PM
Will do. Thanks again.

Rockin Robbins
12-31-08, 03:31 PM
Yeah, looks like a legitimate case of Kapt Lehmann's "mod soup" he always is preaching against. We've all done it at some point. Most of us have learned to keep it simpler and to mix mods with care and some fear.

I would counsel you to not be afraid to try mods. Just add them one at a time so you understand the interactions. Take your time and ask questions. Play with TMO and RSRD (they're designed to work together) alone for awhile to learn how the game reacts. This way if you install another mod on top of them that nerfs something you would rather keep, you'll notice it. Then step back and see if there's a workaround.

CaptianT
12-31-08, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys for the help! I took everything off except TMO and everything runs fine now.

Now to get back to sinking a few more ships. :D

Dirty Dee
04-02-09, 06:39 PM
Sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, but I have had the same issues where even though the ship has large holes below the waterline and is motionless, it just bobs there and does not sink.

But I noticed that if you approach the ship and get within a close proximity to it, you suddenly get a confirmation that the ship is destroyed and it begins to sink. Never really occurred to me until recently that it was a glitch.

Just thought I'd put that out there so others know.

Webster
04-02-09, 07:35 PM
try the new TMO 1.7

Ducimus has done some fine tuning and may fix some things

woody4077
04-04-09, 08:52 PM
"mod soup"

i've encoutered the same problem with a different game;
the "800 lbs. gorilla" World of Warcraft