PDA

View Full Version : I want the driver seat of my sub!

Deep One
12-28-08, 08:36 AM
Hi mateys.:arrgh!:

Is there a script or somthing from where I could remove the time it takes for me crew to set the rudder/depth meter there or there.. :-?

I'm more of a action/futuristic guy so be polite with me if I don't give a damn about realism.

Contact
12-28-08, 08:40 AM
Hi mateys.:arrgh!:

Is there a script or somthing from where I could remove the time it takes for me crew to set the rudder/depth meter there or there.. :-?

I'm more of a action/futuristic guy so be polite with me if I don't give a damn about realism.

Study the word SIMULATION before you ask questions like this. :damn:

Deep One
12-28-08, 08:51 AM
I said be polite if I don't give a damn about realism.. and that goes to simulation too.;)

Contact
12-28-08, 08:57 AM
So you should feel yourself in the wrong place. :stare:

Kaleun Cook
12-28-08, 09:11 AM

I wouldn't say so. I guess this is the biggest community of sh3-players and -modders on the net - so where should he ask if not here? It's rather the wrong place for fights about the way one likes the game as those fights are always pointless.

Silverleaf
12-28-08, 09:29 AM
Is there a script or somthing from where I could remove the time it takes for me crew to set the rudder/depth meter there or there.

I don't know of one - but my solution for such a case is:

1) Be at 256X-1024X speed, click on my new depth/speed and boom instant respond.

Yeah, yeah - I "know" if I'm going that fast and Destroyer Hell is descending upon me it's all simultaneous, but..please...can't I just dream a little?

Contact
12-28-08, 09:36 AM

I wouldn't say so. I guess this is the biggest community of sh3-players and -modders on the net - so where should he ask if not here? It's rather the wrong place for fights about the way one likes the game as those fights are always pointless.

There is plenty of non simulation sub-games for that matter, but arcade sux and everyone knows that. And I hate people coming here to Subsim and shouting how they dont give a damn about realism and so on. F**k him!

Wreford-Brown
12-28-08, 09:45 AM
Calm down, guys. It's a game and people should play it as they want to play it - be nice to the new guy.

@Deep One - most of the people here at subsim are chasing realism so this is probably not a mod that people have looked at. The nearest thing to arcade that you're likely to get is the Nautilus mod. I can't remember who made it but it gives you an almost indestructible U-boat with awesome firepower.

As far as I know the slight delay in direction and depth change is hard coded and unable to be changed.

Contact
12-28-08, 09:59 AM
Calm down, guys. It's a game and people should play it as they want to play it - be nice to the new guy.

First of all this new guy has to know where he came to. The webpage name speaks for itself - SUBSIM. Seeking for arcade action HERE is not a very good idea and I think majority of you agree with this. Not giving a damn about realism ? Don't know how to talk to this kind of people here honestly :shifty: My appologies :cool:

Deep One
12-28-08, 10:02 AM
Okay but how about changing sub's max speed on the water and underwater? :-?

Onkel Neal
12-28-08, 10:02 AM

There is plenty of non simulation sub-games for that matter, but arcade sux and everyone knows that. And I hate people coming here to Subsim and shouting how they dont give a damn about realism and so on. F**k him!

Contact, Kaleun Cook is 100% right. There is no need to be so aggresive, mate. If you are a hard core realism guy, fine, just turn the page and read other posts.

Neal

Contact
12-28-08, 10:08 AM

Contact, Kaleun Cook is 100% right. There is no need to be so aggresive, mate. If you are a hard core realism guy, fine, just turn the page and read other posts.

Neal

Ok, nevermind. It's just conflicts with my beliefs. Signing off from this thread..

Onkel Neal
12-28-08, 10:36 AM
I understand. It would have helped it Deep One had not phrased his request with I don't give a damn Thanks for understanding.

Neal

Silverleaf
12-28-08, 10:44 AM
Okay but how about changing sub's max speed on the water and underwater?

You'll need to use the Search feature because I can't remember what thread it's in - BUT someone did mod the config settings to give you more speed.

Hope that helps,

Wreford-Brown
12-28-08, 11:46 AM

You need to get hold of SH3ditor to play around with the sub files.

Weiss Pinguin
12-28-08, 01:57 PM
Transfer to a Type XXI. :lol:

Deep One
12-28-08, 03:17 PM
Me type XXI needs a better skin the current one is boring.:dead:

I'll go search for that mod, Silerleaf and if I don't find it I'll try the thing that Wreford-Brown suggested.:yep:

NGT
12-28-08, 03:37 PM
Hello Deep One

You need the S3D (Silent Editor) program, freeware from skwas. He did it for tweaking SH3. You can find that here:

skwas@skwas.net

and you need change the .sim files from the folder(s): …Data/Submarine/

NSS_Uboat2A, NSS_Uboat2D, NSS_Uboat9b, NSS_Uboat9c, etc.
(NSS_Uboat2A.sim etc.)

Open Unit_Ship from inside this file and you can modify a lot of things here. Be aware for the incidents during play.

No informatics knowledge needed. Just follow the instructions for install.

For the time it takes for the crew to set the rudder/depth meter, try to put 3 officers with Helm qualification and, perhaps, 3 warrant officers with Helm qualification in the control room. Should be faster.

Have a happy new year and enjoy the game like you wish.:up:

For further explanations, you can PM me.

Laufen zum Ziel
12-28-08, 05:41 PM
Wow again. I hope that we skated through this one.

Each to his own & live and let live.

Hope for a Great new year for all.

Wreford-Brown
12-28-08, 06:08 PM
Me type XXI needs a better skin the current one is boring.:dead:

I'll go search for that mod, Silerleaf and if I don't find it I'll try the thing that Wreford-Brown suggested.:yep:

There's also a mod under my sig that will give you an XXI in 1939 so you can have a full career in it - great fun!

Letum
12-28-08, 06:15 PM
If you right click on the engineer so you go into his head you can click on the speed
settings and the rudder to issue orders with much less delay.

Deep One
12-29-08, 05:21 AM
Okay I found SH3 Inspector (http://files.filefront.com/SH3+Inspector+build189zip/;9819331;/fileinfo.html) program.. got the speed I wanted my sub to have but now I need to increase my subs health, which means I'll try that S3D too.:yep:

By the way while I was looking for the mod that Silverleaf mentioned I found this:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CZNMtrhoM

:rotfl:

Silverleaf
12-29-08, 06:33 AM
That's it, I personally wouldn't do it but entertaining and funny !.

Cheers,

John_Doe_16
12-29-08, 08:43 AM
Hi,

it's no problem to get instant response to rudder-, depth - and engine-commands:

While in the 3D-Command-room, right-click on the engineer:

Now you are in his perspective.

In this perspective, you can click directly on the gauges, and they react without delay.

I hope I could help you :up:

Edit: I just saw that Letum posted the same a bit earlier... Well, so now this advice is twice in the thread^^

Deep One
12-29-08, 09:28 AM
Ok I'll try that engineer thing.;)