PDA

View Full Version : a question for modders - New boats.

jazzabilly
12-28-08, 03:04 AM
How can you mod this in the game?

When commisioning a new boat, I think that you should be starting with a largely fresh crew, albeit with a core of experienced NCO's and maybe a couple of experienced officers. I really don't think that any navy considers a crew as it's commanders personal property.:arrgh!:

You should have to start in NYC or SF and bring your boat to the theatre; transit time, shore leave, administrative duties and shakedown exercises factored in (i.e. fast forward three months of time).

I'm thinking of replicating that myself in the game by replacing many of my old salts with newbies every time I get a new boat.

Any thoughts?

Rockin Robbins
12-28-08, 09:05 AM
To Hades with that! How about taking a boat from launch in Manitowoc! Through the Great Lakes, up the St. Lawrence, down the coast of the US, through the Caribbean, the Panama Canal and across to Pearl!

Alternately for a salt-water boat, from Groton!

wh1skea
12-29-08, 06:17 PM
To Hades with that! How about taking a boat from launch in Manitowoc! Through the Great Lakes, up the St. Lawrence, down the coast of the US, through the Caribbean, the Panama Canal and across to Pearl!

Alternately for a salt-water boat, from Groton!

Better yet, start the Manitowoc boats off from New Orleans. Thats where they started from after sea trails in the Great Lakes, then a nice barge ride down the "Mighty Mississippi". :yep: I would also like to see random assignment at the beginning of a career. Let the game decide what class/port you start with/from. Also like the idea of random crew rotation too.

Webster
12-29-08, 11:11 PM
i understand the idea but i think it was very rare if ever to have an all green fresh new crew and skipper.

i have no statistics to back up my opinion but im pretty sure they would assign at least 25% of the crew from other boats so someone would be able to show the newbees how to do their jobs. in my opinion this is the reason you are transfered and not just assigned a new boat in the states.

more likely you are transfered to another boat who lost their skipper from injury, promotion, or maybe the last skipper was transfered or demoted due to lack of success.

Webster
12-29-08, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking of replacing many of my old salts with newbies every time I get a new boat.

Any thoughts?

i think this is a great idea and is probably in line with real life as well.

im sure there is data somewhere on the turnover ratio of crews being reassigned.