PDA

View Full Version : Question for W clear, Enviroment 5.0

Soundman
12-26-08, 07:39 PM
Clear, love your work. I've been using your newest work. I am wondering if it is normal to never see the moon. It seems to be absent. All the stars are there, but I have not seen the moon in six patrols. Sorry if this has come up, I did search the thread for "moon" with no success.

Task Force
12-26-08, 07:41 PM
What other mods are you using? You should be seeing the moon, I can when im using this mod.

W_clear
12-26-08, 08:50 PM
Clear, love your work. I've been using your newest work. I am wondering if it is normal to never see the moon. It seems to be absent. All the stars are there, but I have not seen the moon in six patrols. Sorry if this has come up, I did search the thread for "moon" with no success.

Thanks。Do you think as long as they are in the evening you can see the moon?:rotfl:

Orion2012
12-26-08, 09:54 PM

The moon and sun, rise and set times are screwed up, try looking for the moon at dusk and as soon as night sets. I've seen periods where its only up for 3-4 hours and other times where I can see the light on top of the water and no moon....

One of my biggest pet-peeves with SH4....even SH1 had accurate sun set and rise times, these would have been important when under for a LONG time.

Soundman
12-27-08, 06:37 AM
I'm using TMO with RSRD, the enviromental mod is put in last as it should be. I'll check again at dusk, maybe I just missed it.

W_clear
12-27-08, 07:45 AM
I'm using TMO with RSRD, the enviromental mod is put in last as it should be. I'll check again at dusk, maybe I just missed it.

I think if you are on patrol in August, it will be met and that the moon:lol:

banjo
12-27-08, 10:56 AM
I'm using TMO, RSRD, and E5.0 and I see the moon lots. In fact, it looks amazing. I too occasionally have the screwed up time thing--dark during daylight hours and light at night. Sometimes it seems to fix itself when I exit and re-enter the game and sometimes I will get a corruupted save (corrupts all three of my saves somehow) and I will need to restart the patrol back at base. I have no idea why that happens. I do not alt-tab out of the game so it's not that.

Soundman
12-27-08, 08:21 PM
I'm using TMO, RSRD, and E5.0 and I see the moon lots.

I'm still not seeing the moon. I've also got the 2.0 patch in last, is this correct. I never could tell in the thread exactly what it was for.

Here's my order:

1] TMO 152
2] RSRDC
3] RSDC Patch
4] EE 5.0
5] Other Clouds
6] Submarine Splash Sound
7] Ships Reflection
8] Depthcharge Sound
9] EE 5.0 Patch 2.0
10] OPCF v1 Yellow TMO 152
11] 3000 yd Bearing Tools
12] Balao Hi Res Weathered

The only thing I can figure is maybe the card and drivers I'm using..Nvidia geforce 8600.. Driver version 178.24

banjo
12-27-08, 10:22 PM
Your card should be ok. I'm using a 7600GS with 500 meg ram.

Orion2012
12-27-08, 10:59 PM
I'm using TMO, RSRD, and E5.0 and I see the moon lots.
I'm still not seeing the moon. I've also got the 2.0 patch in last, is this correct. I never could tell in the thread exactly what it was for.

Here's my order:

1] TMO 152
2] RSRDC
3] RSDC Patch
4] EE 5.0
5] Other Clouds
6] Submarine Splash Sound
7] Ships Reflection
8] Depthcharge Sound
9] EE 5.0 Patch 2.0
10] OPCF v1 Yellow TMO 152
11] 3000 yd Bearing Tools
12] Balao Hi Res Weathered

The only thing I can figure is maybe the card and drivers I'm using..Nvidia geforce 8600.. Driver version 178.24

If its a graphics card issue you would more then likely see a black box where the moon should be or some other anomolies.

How many days have you let pass while checking, possibly a new moon?

Soundman
12-28-08, 08:29 AM
Are you guys using the EE 5.0 Patch 2.0 ?

JGoldrick
12-28-08, 05:42 PM
Hi all, I have been out of the loop for a long while, just got back into SH4. I have been having the same issue as several of you other gentlemen. I have NO moon at all visable on various patrols and such. I have the same basic mod installs as several of you others do. I am currently using PE4 and have no moon issues, but I really perfer E 5.0 as I noticed that the AI is better and a little more aggresive, they use spot lights and nite flares to look for you. I have noticed that "moon.dds" gets over written several times by these mods. I am basically only using TM 1.55 and RSRDC and I still am having issues. Will there be a further update to this excellent mod? Happy Hunting.

Torpedo
01-06-09, 11:55 AM
Hi All and sorry for my bad english:oops:,

I have no moon so i've changed in E5.0 the values
in MoonPS.fx :

//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0).w, 0, 0, 0.1);

//return tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0);
//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0+0.0).xyz, 0.1);

in

//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0).w, 0, 0, 1);

//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0+0.0).xyz, 1);

and in MoonVS.fx :

Out.ProjPos = mul( In.Pos, matWVP);
Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0.1;

in

Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0;

and now I have my lovely moon!!!!:D

MoonPS.fx and MoonVS.fx are in Data\Shaders\Sky\ and I have make a little mod for this change.

W_clear excuse me :oops:!!!

Seeadler
01-06-09, 12:38 PM
I have no moon so i've changed in E5.0 the values
in MoonPS.fx :

//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0).w, 0, 0, 0.1);
//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0+0.0).xyz, 0.1);

in

//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0).w, 0, 0, 1);
//return float4(tex2D(MoonTexture, In.Tex0+0.0).xyz, 1);

has no impact because all is commented out (//...) and thus will not be executed by the shader unit on the graphic card.

and in MoonVS.fx :

Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0.1;

in

Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0;

and now I have my lovely moon!!!!
that is the right fix!

In.Tex0 holds as value the texture coordinate of the moon.dds and is used as input for the vertex shader. The vertex shader must returned this value in the output structure so that afterwards the pixel shader can use it as input and display the texture on the moon model.

it seems there were some kind of wrong text replacements, where all 0 were changed to 0.1 ;)

Soundman
01-06-09, 02:09 PM
Het guys, thanks for figuring this out for us, but let me see if I understand this correctly....

1) The only correction needed is to change the -- Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0.1;
to -- Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0;

Is this correct?

2)
has no impact because all is commented out (//...) and thus will not be executed by the shader unit on the graphic card.

Should the // be removed in order to execute, or leave as is ?

Torpedo
01-06-09, 03:10 PM
Het guys, thanks for figuring this out for us, but let me see if I understand this correctly....

1) The only correction needed is to change the -- Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0.1;
to -- Out.Tex0 = In.Tex0;

Is this correct?

2)

Should the // be removed in order to execute, or leave as is ?

Only #1 in MoonVS.fx
and #2 leave as is

Soundman
01-06-09, 03:24 PM
Thanks agains guys !:up:

Torpedo
01-06-09, 03:37 PM
I'm glad for you!
You can try Moon.dds and moon_hallo.dds from PE4. Very nice!

Soundman
01-06-09, 04:50 PM
I'm glad for you!
You can try Moon.dds and moon_hallo.dds from PE4. Very nice!

OK, let me try again. Are you suggesting I take the two files you mention above from PE4 and substitute them for the files in EE5.0? I was using PE4 for awile, and the moon did look mighty good.

BTW, for a guy with four posts here, you seem to be pretty knowledgeble about SH4. Perhaps we have a future modder in our midsts. Welcome to the forums Torpedo ! :know: