PDA

View Full Version : Sub speed

cgdad62
12-19-08, 09:18 AM
I need a little help changing the speed of U-boats. I got them to go 42 knots submerged but not surfaced.

SeaWolf U-57
12-19-08, 10:46 AM
just go into the basic file and change the Values for the two engine upgrades

Philipp_Thomsen
12-19-08, 11:21 AM
Actually, what you need is to open the .sim file of the sub you need, then need to change both max_speed surfaced and submerged. There's a separate control for each of them. :up:

SeaWolf U-57
12-19-08, 11:34 AM
Actually, what you need is to open the .sim file of the sub you need, then need to change both max_speed surfaced and submerged. There's a separate control for each of them. :up:

you can but i didn't and my sub cruses at 22knots and flanks speed is 31 it was faster but i reduced it

Edit and once done it works for any sub you have with the upgraded engine you have altered ...nice to have you back Philipp

Philipp_Thomsen
12-19-08, 11:38 AM

you can but i didn't and my sub cruses at 22knots and flanks speed is 31 it was faster but i reduced it

Edit and once done it works for any sub you have with the upgraded engine you have altered ...nice to have you back Philipp

Yes, but dramatcally increases the fuel consum. :up:

cgdad62
12-19-08, 05:21 PM
thats for the help but i finally figured it out myself late last night

robbierob2005
12-20-08, 07:42 AM
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CZNMtrhoM

:D

SeaWolf U-57
12-20-08, 07:47 AM

one cool short film :rock: :rock:

jake.r.blackburn
12-22-08, 09:31 PM
This is probably a n00b question, but how exactly do you change the speed of the sub for submerged? I was able to change the surface speed by modifying the engine upgrades, but nothing else.
Again, sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I've been looking with google for the past two nights now, and am well and truly confused.

Thanks in advance

richardphat
12-22-08, 09:39 PM
You need to have an installed software. Try silent 3ditor. After that go to c:/pogram files/ubisoft/sh3/data/submarine/(your submarine)/ .sim files.
Open and watch for speed. It should be there if i remind correclty

jake.r.blackburn
12-22-08, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the help! I was able to DL the editor, and am having good results.

-SWCowboy.
12-22-08, 09:58 PM

Mr. Fleck, the fella who made that movie, sent me the files he used to make that film. It's an absolute blast playing around with them! I've jumped over destroyers, whole cargo ship convoys and made it from Europe to the American coastline in lightning fast time! :lol:

richardphat
12-23-08, 01:37 AM
Yea but it is not soo good to cruise fast. When you try to turn your boat, it will flip and become like those turtle. And when you change depth it's tough to maintain it constantly.